Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 5,530

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’m on the epilogue now in Zero so literally just have the final dungeon left to go! Lots of crazy plot twists that I didn’t see coming which I can’t share 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

belmont

I would like to announce my return to civilization.

After playing Trails in the Sky FC, SC, 3rd, watching Zero and Ao in Youtube and beating Cold Steel 1,2,3,4 back to back I thought I was done but I checked to see when/if we see hajimari no kiseki in the West.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

nessisonett

@belmont Dang, you’ve destroyed me. Granted, I am actually playing the Crossbell games but you’ve absolutely blasted through that series 😂

belmont

@nessisonett I also wanted to play the Crossbell games but I really thought it would be better to Youtube them since I planned to "rush" them anyway. Now I guess I wish I played them since the way everyone gathers together in Cold 4 is a masterpiece in jrpg storytelling.

The think is I really want to play hajimari since Cold 4 left some things vague but I guess we will see it here in one year at best.

belmont

nessisonett

@belmont Yeah, Zero’s been really good so far, one of the better ones and the fan translation is top-notch with some rather funny errors every couple of thousand words. I couldn’t imagine just how hard it was to translate, NPCs have new dialogue after every single little story beat. From what I’ve heard, Lloyd is playable in Hajimari so I thought it would be better to experience the game for myself.

nessisonett

@belmont Yeah, I’m playing on Vita, I imported the Evolution version and patched it. Takes a bit of effort but it’s worth it!

nessisonett

And that’s me beaten Zero no Kiseki Evolution! That final boss was an absolute tank, took me about an hour to beat it and I thought it would have only taken me about 20 minutes this morning to wrap up the game 😅

I really enjoyed this one, it felt a bit more focused than the first Sky game, with a lot less wandering around and a gripping narrative with lots of twists and turns. Some great character development with both returning characters and the new cast. Can’t wait to start Ao now so I better find a copy to import as I just really like playing these games on the Vita.

TheOtherEden

@nessisonett

I always see you beat games so fast, and it seems like you’re playing multiple games at the same time too. What’s you’re trick behind it? I have a lot time to play games yet I beat games really Slowly. I don’t know how you can juggle so manny games at the same time, and still beat them in a relatively timely matter. I must know! Lol

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh nice one @nessisonett!

I really hope they bring the Crossbell games over to PS4/PS5 (And the sky games) so I can easily try these out rather then all the palaver you're having to go through of importing and translation patches 😂

Good to hear you enjoyed it quite a bit though!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Just to briefly acknowledge your reply from the previous page, I totally get your perspective and appreciate your personal insight. For me, Ubisoft screwed up this year in the wake of the controversy, rather than by having a controversy in and of itself (because you're right, who doesn't nowadays?). They repeatedly failed to address concerns and got a lot of subsequent decisions wrong, and that speaks to a broader, festering problem at the company's core which won't be solved by dismissing (with large bonus payoffs) the handful of individuals who got caught out.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger fair enough! Sorry I went on a bit of an antiestablishmentarianism tangent/rant there!
Also I never thought I could drop antiestablishmentarianism into a genuine sentence even if I used it incorrectly!

See ya!

nessisonett

@TheOtherEden Well... for every game I complete there’s about 2 or 3 I drop! I do usually try to have a game on Vita, PS4 and my laptop all at once, with maybe a game on Switch as well. If I’m switching between platforms, I can put a couple of hours into each game without slowing down or getting bored. Plus, I can play each console at different times of the day just due to the fact my PS4’s in my living room. I usually play the PS4 if I have some spare time or a couple hours at night but I can play the Vita or my laptop any hour of the day. The Trails games for me have been a slow and steady thing over this year, a chapter usually takes me 2-3 sittings but I spread them out over a good few weeks so I didn’t burn out. The Assassin’s Creed games have been a strange one as I 100% the third game as I got the platinum but with no feasible platinum for the next couple, I’ve just been playing the story and leaving it at a percentage I’m happy with. Getting the platinum for this Kingdom Hearts rhythm game is going to take quite a while which is why I’m playing it alongside something else, in this case Dead Rising. I’m still not sure if I’ll continue with Dead Rising but I’m putting in about an hour every night just to see.

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny No apology necessary; this is a discussion forum, it's here to discuss things!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

TheOtherEden

@nessisonett

So do you usually have like a schedule on what games you play? Or you just play whatever? Also do you just play one game per day or multiple per day? Each time you play a game you usually play for at least a couple of hours right?

Sorry for asking you 20 different questions lol.

I have ADHD so like I want to play like 5 different games at the same time on like 5 different consoles but never do, because when I try it, I get really stressed out and I feel like I could finish them faster if I played it one at a time. But then that doesn’t actually happen lol.

I dunno my Brain is just kinda crazy haha. So maybe it’s just a me thing.

Edited on by TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

nessisonett

@TheOtherEden I’m actually ADHD as well, which is why I end up just playing whatever on like 4 consoles as well! I find I perform better when I just play what I want at any given time, as long as I try to stick with the same few games. Playing Black Flag and Metro Exodus at the same time worked out really well as they complimented each other nicely. I actually finished both as well which is good as I have a tendency to leave games 80% done, like Horizon, FF7 Remake and the like. I’m not very good at pushing myself to finish games if I’m not that big on them. So for example, a normal night I’ll play about an hour of Dead Rising and then however much of the Kingdom Hearts rhythm game until I go to bed. My Vita’s then in my bedroom as I quite like sitting in bed playing it with my headphones in so I might maybe get half an hour or 40 minutes on that, which is more than enough to make some decent progress in an RPG.

TheOtherEden

@nessisonett

I see maybe I spend my time too much on overthinking things rather then actually playing games lol. I guess I should just play what I want at any given time and stop overthinking it. Sometimes I will start a game and quit 5 minutes in because I will be like “aghhhhhh I shouldn’t be playing this right now!”

I do this with TV Shows as well. I want to watch like 5 different shows at the same time, while watching movies as well. Lol honestly I’m just a big old mess haha. I guess I’m worried that if I play multiple games at the same time I might like not get super in to the world? Since I’m switching between games so much I don’t lose my self in the world I guess.

TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

Just finished Resident Evil 3 (2020) and I absolutely loved it. It was so fun and focused. I love how it's kind of like a mesh of the action of Resident Evil: 4 but still has the old survival horror aspect to it. It's really good and Jill's adaption of this game just cemented her as one of my favorite characters in gaming. The pacing is great too, the game just doesn't stop for a breather, it just constantly keeps up it's great pace for the whole game. This game got some negativity because it wasn't super faithful as a remake, while all of that is true, I think it's important to judge it on it's own too. And in that regard, as a sequel to Resident Evil 2 (2019) it fully succeeds.

I highly recommend this game I think if you find this game for around 20-30 bucks it's 100 percent worth it. Honestly I paid 60 for it and I don't regret it at all. Seriously give this game a fair shot because it absolutely deserves it!

TheOtherEden

nessisonett

Finished up Assassin’s Creed Rogue. It was an interesting one, I loved the setting and they nailed the gameplay from the previous two games. The scope was a bit limited and it was over rather quickly but it’s proper good considering it was made for last-gen consoles in lieu of Unity. Considering the ending recreates the opening scenes of Unity, I would definitely recommend playing this one first. The graphics were really impressive as I was playing on PC in 4K connected to my TV too. Just a solid game and I’m intrigued to see if Unity is y’know, playable after all these years.

Got to add though, the main character’s Irish accent does not improve throughout the game. Especially when every two minutes he shouts OI MAKE MOI OWN LUCK

Edited on by nessisonett

RogerRoger

@nessisonett As long as he doesn't say "top 'o tah mornin' to ya" when greeting other characters. That would most certainly cross a line!

I have a friend who's a huge Ass Creed fan, but she's never played Rogue. When I asked her why a while back, she said that its status as a last-gen peace offering made it seem unimportant. I see you noting its short runtime and limited scope, but your overall praise is good to hear. I'll let her know that she might've missed out on the fun. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic