Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,383

Anchorsam_9

Really interesting to see the fall of Joe Hart. He seems to be in perpetual decline right now, I reckon he might go on loan to another club seeing that Guardiola doesn't seem to have any faith in him

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

usb

Not sure they are getting treated like crap. They are well paid professionals and are part of a team. Harts accuracy at passes is poor compared to other keepers I think its something like 50%. Hart has a choice he can stay and learn from one of the best managers in football or he can leave. Looks like Hart will be dropped by England manager as well when the next squad is announced. Toure is 33 he can not be expected to be in the squad all of the time he needs to be managed to get the best out of him.

As football fans we only see the 90 minutes that the players are on the pitch and whats reported in the newspapers. A manager makes what he feels is best decision for the club from what he sees in training, attittude of players and comparing them to other he can bring in.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

usb

@get2sammyb agreed the press have their favourites who they build up and then love to knock down. Peps the golden boy right now but that will not always be the case.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

ShadowofSparta

@get2sammyb: I feel like Jose gets treated like a villain because the press like having one. Maybe I'm wrong but almost everything he says is tongue-in-cheek but gets blown way out of proportion. They make better headlines than "Jose jokes about such and such." Rather, "Jose calls Wenger a loser again." Much more enticing. Similar to Zlatan. If you watch his interviews, he seems like a really nice and smart guy with almost every grandiose comment he makes followed by a chuckle or smile. Yet no! He's arrogant.

@dryrain: Pep will get dumped on at some stage, I agree. I'm not sure how his style will match the PL and I think, after two defeats, he'll be getting berated for over-complicating football.

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Anchorsam_9

I definitely agree that the footy press are pretty biased and unfair. Personally I've never been a fan of Pep or Jose, but of course the media loves to portray Jose as the villain and Pep as the genius. It just seems like the football media are getting progressively more annoying - watching Klopp get gradually more and more confused and angry during press conferences is hilarious, and he's always calling out bad questions in interviews.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

ShadowofSparta

@Anchorsam_9: They deliberately try to annoy managers. The pre and post match manager interviews Sky does have some ridiculous questions in them. Not a surprise when the managers treats you like a twoddle (I feel like this is a word)

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Anchorsam_9

@ShadowofSparta: I remember seeing a video of Gordon Strachan getting interviewed when he got the job at Southampton and getting asked "Do you think you're the right man for the job?" Strachan replied "No" There really are some awful questions being asked

Also if twoddle isn't a word, it needs to be

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BowTiesAreCool

Zlatan was FREE. Ridiculous. But lovely!

BowTiesAreCool

themcnoisy

@Booshy smashing us in the super 6 this month mate.

@kyroki good round for you in the super 6 well done!

I'm 7th and that's including everyone who missed a round. I really need to get a grip for next week.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ApostateMage

Typical typical Liverpool, they're so frustrating to watch when they can't break down a well organised defence. It looks like Coutinho is going to be inconsistent again this season. And they cost me points in the Push Square S6 league!

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: I'm gonna overtake you this weekend triple. I've put a load if thought into my selections. 📈

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: I am still trying for the wooden spoon....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy: Good luck trying for that with triple and me in the league lol. I think its the last games of the month so we should be announcing the first monthly winner soon!

Speedy67

Aww. Too late.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

Speedy67

I look a right mug

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

cloudrunner64

Any of you guys play fantasy football?

PSN cloud_runner64

themcnoisy

@cloudrunner64: No but we do play this;

Super6 league - sign up today its free.

League Name:
PushSquare Super6

CODE:
HM16HZ

The months nearly up but join in and see if you win next months. Literally pick 6 results once or twice a week and that's it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic