Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 5,601 to 5,620 of 8,938

zupertramp

@nessisonett I like Midnight in Paris and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, that's about it. Both have a similar vibe I think. Anyway, regarding Midnight in Paris, I mostly don't dig Marion Cotillard but she's kinda perfectly cast in this film.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Marion Cotillard’s one of those actresses who just picks her Hollywood roles relatively badly. You should watch Rust and Bone, both her and Matthias Schoenaerts are brilliant in it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@nessisonett really thought you were referring to two different titles there so boy was I having trouble finding anything. anyway yeah, I'll keep that in mind. Add it to my ever growing queue.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Oh no I hate it when that happens and then you end up proper confused 😂😂

nessisonett

My mum’s work are being paid to close for a week by Warner Bros to film on that street. Looks like it’s The Flash, which would make sense given The Batman filmed there too, so I’d assume Burton’s Gotham will also be Glasgow.

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry New suit looks a bit weird. Glad Wong’s gonna be in it though, interesting that he’s in 3 different upcoming movies too.

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Really really don’t like the Iron Man-lite direction for Peter. It’s getting ever closer to Parker Industries and they’re pretty much abandoning the friendly neighbourhood aspect.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett If they were going to go the whole "armored" aspect of his suit I'd much rather something that looks closer to the Spider-Armor Mark IV

Don't get the gold accents at all. It's almost like they're being unsubtle about it

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry The suit was basically perfect in Homecoming. They could have kept it and I’d be fine with it, he had pretty much the same suit in the comics for 25 years.

colonelkilgore

Just watched the new Chris Pratt movie on Amazon The Tomorrow War. It was a half-decent action sci-fi blockbuster in fairness. The missus and I went in with low expectations and were very pleasantly surprised. There is some stand-out stupidity… particularly at the end but it didn’t really spoil it for us too much.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Second film of the day and it was ****ing brilliant! Pride a true story about solidarity between striking South Wales Miners and London Lesbian and Gay activists set in the 80’s. Funny and extremely poignant (particularly for a South Wales valley boy raised in the 80’s), great movie!

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore My partner cajoled me into watching Pride a couple years back (I think I traded it for one of the many Mission: Impossible sequels) and, despite it not being my kinda movie in the slightest, I did find some moments of it surprisingly effective. That's the one where Bill Nighy is making sandwiches and randomly outs himself, isn't it? He's such a superb actor.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah that’s the one, as a proud Welshman it moved me quite a bit. I cry during the national anthem mind.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

They seem to be filming Indiana Jones 5 about half an hour away from my house which is pretty cool. So we’ve got that and then The Flash coming soon!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...now there's a crossover I didn't know I needed until today.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Gremio108 Oof, that was a good one 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I think Indy might struggle trying to connect to the conference given his age!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic