Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 8,943

KALofKRYPTON

Yikes 😲
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

@KALofKRYPTON People aren’t liking it but the general consensus is that The Dark Knight is a good movie and Bale is a good Batman so... I’m happy to be in the minority that’s liking it 😛

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

They’re filming up the road, some of my friends went to see if they could spot him! So they’re using Glasgow Infirmary as Arkham State Hospital/Asylum and that’s a stuntman, not Pattinson so I assume it’ll be CGI. Up at the Necropolis, they’re filming Batbike scenes which is where that picture’s from.

Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett I'm not a fan. But I'm guessing it will suit the film well enough.
I prefer the fan art version I posted before.

I'm not a fan of Bale's Batman. TDK is a good film though. It suits itself if you get what I mean.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett Yeah, it's all over the news today.

Probably wide enough shots that it won't matter not being Patts.

Wondering if they'll CG the cape or leave it off for the bike bits.

nessisonett

@KALofKRYPTON It’s remarkable it’s dry in that picture, Storm Dennis is ravaging us at the moment. It’s really exciting to have them filming something so close by, Avengers was all in studios other than wee bits in Edinburgh Waverley station. I guess we also had that Hobbes and Shaw but that’s not really my thing.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett They were filming Doctor Who when i was living in Cardiff. Think it was David Tenant back then. I could have passed as an extra with my spiky hair!

Yeah not a fan of that bat suit. That can't be the final one? It looks like something you get from a fancy dress shop.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87
I think Reeves had intimated or said outright that the film isn't year one, but more like a couple of years in to BW operating as Batman.
I really don't mind the notion of this being a suit that early in his career. It looks like he could've made it himself. It looks practical.

I prefer that to Nolan Bats just pillaging the Wayne Enterprises R&D with Fox for every new toy he wanted.

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON Why wouldn't be pillage his way to his gear though? He's a billionaire so why go with some lesser design you made when you could use your vast resources instead? Him not doing that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

Idk, maybe it'll look better in motion but right now, I'm not a fan of the Batsuit... :/

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 IIRC Year One was before he had access to unlimited resources as Bruce Wayne was still conflicted with the big wigs of Wayne Enterprises.

Would be cool if they did something similar to Zero Year, but maybe that is more suited for the next video game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I went to see Emma today. It was a really great, funny and cute adaptation of my favourite Austen novel. Johnny Flynn is always watchable and as a fan of his music, it was nice to see him sing as well. I’d definitely recommend it on the big screen as the cinematography was breathtaking.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i mean it's not terrible, it looks kind of like a patch job but being as this is supposed to be set in his early years i can see why they went with a unrefined style

and that Bat symbol really does look like a pair of guns

@nessisonett finally some one else who doesn't think The Dark Night is the best Batman movie ever made

i think the only reason that movie got so blown up was because of what happened to Heath Ledger

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Honestly, the best Batman movie for me would be the original with Michael Keaton. Although my favourite is Batman Forever due to sheer hamminess and lines such as ‘Holy rusted metal, Batman! This metal, it’s rusty and its full of holes, you know holey’ 😂😂

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett yeah i would agree with that, not counting any of the animated movies of course

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RR529

I've watched a couple of films since my last post.

Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone (Blu-Ray) - Remake of the early parts of the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV anime in film form. It's not the first time I've watched it (though the first time not on cable), and I'm glad to say it still had me gripped from beginning to end.

The Living Daylights (Blu-Ray) - The next Bond film on my list, and I've found it to be one of my favorites so far. After a Soviet general is seemingly kidnapped by the KGB after defecting to the west, Bond is tasked with getting him back & finds out that not all is as it seems. Some of the later Moore entries could get a little too campy for my liking, but this (the first Dalton outing) hit the balance of fun & action just right.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 there's use of resources, and just using stuff that was developed by probably dozens of people.

@nessisonett I love Burton's films - Batman Returns is still one of his most visually pleasing movies.

Affleck takes my best Bat award for BvS though.

@RR529 Dalton is my favourite Bond. I really wish he'd been able to do more. Glad you liked TLD, I can't choose between it and License To Kill for his best - but I'd say LTK is the better film all round.

I saw Sonic yesterday. It was great fun! Ironically, the pace dips a coupe of times, but as plenty point out - Carrey is pretty much the lynchpin of the film.
The script is much stronger than I expected, with a couple of gags pointed the grown ups in the room (the Fast and Furious one actually made me lol) - though it could have done with a little more.

The many younger kids in the screening were having a great time, which I suppose is the acid test.

On the whole, Sonic is a game adaptation really well done; it's rightly aimed at kids, doesn't bog itself down trying to justify the world and I'd be more than happy to see sequels in a similar vein.

I think Sega have missed a trick in not having a game ready to go along with the film, though there is a bit of a renewed push on Sega merchandise and Team Sonic Racing.

Jaz007

@KALofKRYPTON So wide variety of minds to yield better quality gadgets and such? Again, I fail to see how that doesn't make lots of sense.

Jaz007

KALofKRYPTON

@Jaz007 Anonymity.
Also, agency. He's meant to be smart; smart enough to fabricate his equipment.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic