Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 3,501 to 3,520 of 8,973

KALofKRYPTON

@RR529 ah! I loved Stripes! Been a while since I saw it though. Used it watch it along with Spies Like Us.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RR529

@KALofKRYPTON, I've never seen that one, but it's one I've been interested in picking up one day.

I actually wanted to get a John Candy film called Summer Rental as well, as I liked what I seen of it on TV, but it's apparently not on Blu-Ray (despite the fact that an HD version of it exists, as that's how I believe it was shown on TV).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KALofKRYPTON

@RR529 Spies Like Us is easy to write off as typical of the era, but it's actually a pretty great film. It's another one Aykroyd had intended for himself and John Belushi I think.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

Watched Unforgiven tonight. It was truly as good as I’d heard, with brilliant performances from Eastwood and Hackman. I’m a big Western fan from the classics right to the modern greats but Unforgiven carves itself into history as the definitive last word on Western movies. I was reminded a lot of The Beguiled, another Eastwood film that was recently remade with Colin Farrell. I think the understated nature of the movie, culminating in swift, brutal violence subverts the romanticised ideas of the West. It’s also interesting to see the many influences it had on RDR2. The town of Big Whiskey is an absolute double of Valentine and the subplot of English Bill and the biographer was surely pastiched in the Gunslingers quest. I’d recommend Unforgiven to any fan of cinema, hands down.

4.5/5

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KALofKRYPTON

I'm not entirely sure that this is legit. But if it is, I will say that I'm really not keen.
I don't hate it. But as I said before, the BvS suit has ruined me for other bat-suits! 😂
Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

nessisonett

They’re filming The Batman in Glasgow next weekend so hoping I can catch a glimpse of Battinson!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

@KALofKRYPTON The shape of the ears, it's looking a bit like Christian Bale's Batsuit's cowl design.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

i don't know how big people are on the MCU here but this is still good news but Sony Pictures Head says he wants Spider-Man to STAY in the MCU

https://screenrant.com/sony-spiderman-mcu-movies-disney-deal/

also apparently this new deal lets Sony use MCU Spidy in their own films such as Venom (apparently MCU Spidy will cameo in Venom 2 which would retroactively make Venom a MCU film)

i also imagine that now Disney owns all merchandising rights to Spidy (thanks to the new deal they came too last year) they too will want it to continue so they can sell toys and the like from it which will make them a lot of money

all in all i think it's a win-win for both sides to keep it going

although i'm still not sure how they are going to follow up from that cliffhanger ending in Far from Home

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Urgh.

Holland is awful. MCU Spidey is easily the worst modern movie Spider-Man just for the lazy weaving in to the MCU, never mind that Far From Home and Homecoming are both quasi-origin/coming of age stories.

I'd have liked to have seen Sony use a different Spidey, and let Disney run with Holland in the MCU films.

KALofKRYPTON

In more exciting news, I've booked tickets for Sonic on Saturday!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON he's a lot better than Garfeild was though

point is just the fact two huge companies are willing to work so closely together on something like this is a good thing, regardless on if you like MCU Spidy or not isn't the important factor here

besides after how much of a hit Into the Spiderverse was i imagine Sony will want to capitalise on that too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Garfield's Spidey was fine - perhaps a bit too cocky, better than Holland's I'd say though - since Holland doesn't project much of a persona either as Peter or when he's masked, much less a different one. Garfield's biggest problem was his Peter Parker; he was already a confident, cool, skateboarding, Ramones t-shirt wearing hipster with no particular hang ups to hide behind the mask anyway.

It's no real surprise that the deal was made. there's a ton of earnings potential. I just hope there aren't really any backflips to try and cram and/or explain away how Venom and Morbius fit in to the MCU.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i don't think there will be any backflips needed for Venom, not with how they explained Venom in the movie

not sure about Morbius though but given the tag line for the movie Suffering from a rare blood disease, Michael Morbius tries a dangerous cure that afflicts him with a form of vampirism i don't think it's too hard to fit either

redd214

@FullbringIchigo thats a great thing! Really enjoyed the last couple Spiderman movies and while it was no masterpiece Venom was decent as well. Hopefully the cross paths in the next film.

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 apparently because they were already in production before the deal was done the most it could amount to is a cameo, i imagine a mid or end credit scene or something

but should a 3rd be made i would imagine a much bigger presence from Spidy

redd214

@FullbringIchigo yeah that's what I envisioned too. From what I was reading a couple days ago it seems that the Venom 2 story is pretty set at the moment but a credit scene would be the most logical place from him to swing in.

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@redd214 it does make the most sense

although i wonder if Venom will turn up in any other MCU films in the future?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
I mean in the sense of the wider MCU being an entirely absent entity. I'm assuming that the Sony movies will be treated much in the same way as the Netflix shows. Allusions and the odd mention here and there but no crossovers apart from Spidey.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah that's probably how it will be handled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic