Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,853

LN78

@KALofKRYPTON Lucasfilm contracts are pretty worthless if the treatment dealt out to Lord,Miller,Trevorrow and Trank is anything to go by. The operative words in your assessment are "not enough" which lets be honest should be printed on the Disney masthead. If they think for a minute Johnson is a financial liability he will be out the door with a fat cheque and a watertight NDA. My thinking on Thrawn was based on the fact that Matt Smith was cast as a mystery character and then subsequently disappeared from all reporting on the making of the movie. Emily Blunt as Mara is a great idea. I think her and Krasinski are favourites to be the new Reed and Sue in the MCU Fantastic Four as well.

LN78

PSN: Lanooch

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 True on the contracts.

Matt Smith as Thrawn?!?!? Ew. Fun Doctor, crap in everything else. I'd probably go for Ian Glen for Thrawn.

Really? They'd make a really good bit of casting for Fantastic Four!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LN78

@KALofKRYPTON That brief bit in Terminator Genisys aside I don't actually think I've seen Matt Smith in anything except Dr.Who so I'm not really sure if he has any real range.The other rumour was that he might be playing a younger Palpatine or even a juvenile clone of the same a la Dark Empire. Iain Glen is a great actor. He's playing the older Bruce Wayne in one of the new DC shows from what I understand.

LN78

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 He's done a few bits and bobs - only some of which I've seen, but he's really not great in any of it.

Yeah, Glen is BW in the upcoming second series of Titans.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@LN78 @KALofKRYPTON Thrawn can't show up in Episode IX. It would take far, far, FAR too much exposition to explain the history and ending of Star Wars: Rebels and then you'd have to also include Ezra Bridger, Ahsoka Tano and Sabine Wren, at which point you've overstuffed your movie with callbacks (particularly with Palpatine confirmed).

Plus nobody could ever top Lars Mikkelsen's voice for Thrawn so I'm hoping that, when he returns, it's in animated form and he's still got the same voice. That being said, there was that artwork for this year's Star Wars Celebration convention that based a "realistic" image of Thrawn on Pierce Brosnan, leading to speculation that he's been cast in an upcoming project. So for now, Thrawn is all over the map.

Matt Smith is almost guaranteed to be Palpatine, or some random, left-field nobody like Snoke.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That sounds like a good excuse for some tie-in books/comics/rides/games/re-released dvd/Disney+ subs/ lunchboxes/Pez dispensers to me!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON

Hey, I'd love it, as would about a hundred thousand other super-nerds!

We all need a Thrawn PEZ Dispenser in our lives.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON
Ahh, PEZ dispensers... what marketing genius that was. Those have surely endured the test of time — 70 years of making the same basic product. Clever indeed.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I've never even used one. I only knew what it was after many years of wondering what Vern was on about in Stand By Me - when a school friend arrived back from summer holidays with some.

I guess you can get it here now, but it really wasn't a UK thing.

LN78

@Th3solution Also the basis for one of those famous debunked internet rumours - eBay was set up as a means for people to trade PEZ dispensers.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Frigate

PEZ. A winning gift for any occasion. Just ask my wife. 🤣

Frigate

Th3solution

@LN78 Interesting rumor, even if untrue. I’d never heard that before.

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, a quick wiki search reveals that the parent company is actually Austrian. Started as the candy bricks which were originally peppermint flavored, thus the name “PEZ” is an acronym derived from the German word for peppermint.
It became popular in the U.S. immediately following WWII, when the character / toy heads were initiated. (At first the dispenser was just a solid piece without the head, I guess). Over the years, just about every popular movie franchise has had representation, and interestingly there was even a limited edition released in 2011 of a Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge set. Must have been an attempt to get you all involved in the madness.

To bring it back around and keep things in track for this thread, a PEZ animated movie was announced as being in the works in 2015. Mercifully, that has not seen the light of day, it would seem.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Gremio108

We had a teacher at school who we nicknamed Pez, because of the way he talked. His whole head would move in tandem with his mouth.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

Sadly he didn't regurgitate sweets, that would have been quite something

KALofKRYPTON

@Gremio108 Like a Canadian?

Gremio108

@KALofKRYPTON I did wonder why he entered every lesson on horseback dressed as a mountie.

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Was the horse named after a popular coconut-based confection? Because then he'd have been the Mountie on the Bounty.

Leave me alone, it's late and I'm tired.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Yes, yes it was.

Also, he was the chief officer for the local province, which made him the County Mountie on the Bounty.

Frigate

@Gremio108 @RogerRoger I'm finding this a little far-fetched. I doubt he really was the county mountie on the bounty on the account he worked the foundry at the town quay. Old man Prouty we used to call thee, often rowdy but I liked him, he gave me a discount fee. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Watched Panic Room. very good!

Frigate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic