Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 10,089

Mostik

@ralphdibny Nice one buddy, I won't be posting them, as you say far too heavy but I will go for collect only, I don't need the money it is just to feel a bit liberated from all the boxes and hope that someone else can add them to their own collection and get some enjoyment out of them πŸ‘

Mostik

ralphdibny

@Mostik ahhh I know how you feel, sorta! I have a big box of stuff that's sitting on eBay waiting for buyers. (It's my most valuable stuff that I want to get rid of at the moment so perhaps foolishly, I am waiting for the right buyer and a good price)

It does feel liberating to just take the first step though, and the eBay listing is the hard part to be honest. Photos, listing, settings and everything etc.

More liberating is the amount of DVDs I've gotten rid of to CEX. I've probably got rid of a couple hundred by now. I haven't got much back for them but they are otherwise worthless and not worth the hassle and time/space expenditure of listing them on eBay. I think my partner is happy enough that I've cleared shelves of DVDs and replaced them with the few random games I've bought with the CEX credit and I am happy enough with that too.

I probably would have kept any magazines that have my letters published in them though. I know there's one film magazine I have that has a picture of me in it, a screenshot of a film that I was an extra in so I'll be keeping that one for sure!

See ya!

ralphdibny

In something of a breakthrough, I've picked this lot of DVDs/blu rays off my shelf to be archived and disposed of.

Untitled

It's the biggest lot I've done yet. The bag for life is stacked 3 tall and they don't all even fit in there. I've probably done like 3 bags for life on separate occasions over the last year but this is definitely the biggest haul I've decided to part with

Some great films in there but I have to be realistic and ask myself, am I actually going to watch these again in DVD quality. There's probably a few more that are still on the shelf that can go based on that criteria.

What I still have on the shelf: 3D blu rays, some Disney and Pixar films, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, TMNT, PotA, RoboCop, a comedy section which can probably be thinned down a bit, Alan Clarke, Terry Gilliam, Ray Harryhausen, Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Shane Meadows, Rober Rodriguez, Tarantino, Eli Roth, Matrix and some other random DVD/blu rays that are either my favourite films or just classics. Got a few random sci fi and horror films too.

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny I like how you aged the photo to DVD quality too!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder haha I didn't notice that it looks like an old timey photograph. Unfortunately that's just what pictures on my phone look like using the flash when it's dark πŸ˜”

@kyleforrester87 it's a classic πŸ˜†

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny That is a loaded question if there ever was one!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

Seems we have lost Jason David Frank who played the green/white power ranger on MMPR.

Really sad about that, obviously I didn't know what he was like in his personal life but he seemed to really cherish his time as a Ranger and lent into it when it's something that a person could so easily be embarrassed by or want to distance themselves from.

He really kept it going, both for himself and the fans. He also didn't seem to visibly age much despite being 49 when he passed. But yeah, it's sad. I might put the movie on in the background tomorrow while I do some chores, not sure.

See ya!

KidRyan

@ralphdibny Devastating news for me, I've been a big Power Rangers fan since 1993 and still enjoy the series/franchise to this day.

Planning to re-watch all of Power Rangers Zeo on my days off in his memory.

I hope he's in a better place and may the power protect him!

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Voltan

I failed to cut my backyard grass before snow fell... now what

Voltan

jdv95

Jeeez with all the sh*t FIFA is spouting these last few days,iΒ΄m sure EA is relieved to not be having that name on the boxes anymore.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Voltan

@KAIRU Unfortunately it's just proof (as if it was needed at this point) that they'll do just whatever's the most profitable for them
I can't say I care about football but it's still sad, because it reflects how a lot of the world works

Voltan

The_Moose

@KAIRU I've never been so unenthusiastic about a WC. This is just gesture politics and the usual suspects who decry racism and homophobia in the west, jet off to a country where homosexuals are executed, misogyny is run of the mill and attitudes towards other races is way less tolerant than anything found in the west but "need to go to point it out".....yeah I'm sure that's the reason you're going and not the six/seven figures you're being paid.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

The_Moose

@KAIRU Given your fondness for Japan are they your second team?

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

ralphdibny

Managed to get fifty quid off the renewal price of my car insurance. I dislike ringing them every year to do the song and dance but it's always worth noting that the first price they give you is never their best price

See ya!

Mostik

@ralphdibny Thank you buddy, I feel we are in a similar position but I can't quite make the jump to rid myself of DVD's but they are now boxed up in the loft doing nothing so I am not sure why. I think once the magazines have gone I might feel more inclined to do something about it given how liberating it is but you are spot on doing the listing is a pain!
Totally agree I will retain the ones with my letters in, was never lucky enough to get a picture though, I was in the back ground years ago in one of the Mix Mag issues at Gods Kitchen but that is my closest claim to fame 🀣

Mostik

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic