Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,761 to 8,780 of 10,056

ralphdibny

Managed to get fifty quid off the renewal price of my car insurance. I dislike ringing them every year to do the song and dance but it's always worth noting that the first price they give you is never their best price

See ya!

Mostik

@ralphdibny Thank you buddy, I feel we are in a similar position but I can't quite make the jump to rid myself of DVD's but they are now boxed up in the loft doing nothing so I am not sure why. I think once the magazines have gone I might feel more inclined to do something about it given how liberating it is but you are spot on doing the listing is a pain!
Totally agree I will retain the ones with my letters in, was never lucky enough to get a picture though, I was in the back ground years ago in one of the Mix Mag issues at Gods Kitchen but that is my closest claim to fame đŸ€Ł

Mostik

ralphdibny

@Mostik haha nice. I haven't got rid of many from my last post yet (still need to archive them) but even taking them off the shelf to put in the pile felt so good. I've been doing it on and off for almost a year now, dancing around the edges of like dvd "collections" that are within my overall collection. The other day was the first time I decided to cull a load of stuff that "looks good on the shelf" (even if it really doesn't, it just looks cluttered and ugly).

But that decision made me want to cull even more stuff. It was like I had broken the back of my obsession (even if I haven't truly rid myself of it) and I think I can get rid of even more now. Possibly even books and games that I won't play again but can't archive as easily as I can DVDs. But I'll see, I could just be experiencing a short lived euphoria so I'll see how I get on in the future!

See ya!

kyleforrester87

I got rid of 90% of my DVDs and Blue Rays a few years ago, glad I did as I had shelves of the things and every time I moved house it was just hassle. But every now and then I think about a film I want to watch and go “oooo I have that on the shelf” only to find it was one of the unlucky ones.

Then I have to spend ÂŁ3.49 on Amazon or YouTube.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Same here with my DVD's when I got my PS4 and most of my Blu Ray's when I got my PS5. Still kept hold of 500+ cds though, but they are all in boxes from when I moved last year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I see the annual tradition of @kyleforrester87 donning his holiday avatar way too early is alive and well. It wouldn't feel like mid-November without it! Bravo, sir!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 [checks watch] Well, it is now!

Don't worry, I'll probably be joining you before the week is out.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Push Squires from the States!

May we all eat until we’re uncomfortable and can’t move! (Although that could describe any given Thursday for some of us
)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@JudgeDredd That took me a while to figure out. 😅
I was wondering why the reference to China? 😂 Didn’t realize the Turkey flag was that close.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

AgentCooper wrote:

Quite on board for this Splinter Cell radio drama on the beeb. Pity Michael Ironside isn’t involved though.
Merry Christmas @kyleforrester87 🎄👍 need to dig out my Patrick Bateman festive profile pic.

Have a Holly jolly Christmas!

See ya!

ralphdibny

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@kyleforrester87 Same here with my DVD's when I got my PS4 and most of my Blu Ray's when I got my PS5. Still kept hold of 500+ cds though, but they are all in boxes from when I moved last year.

I don't think I'll be getting rid of my CDs tbh, I still buy them and I just got a car that came with a 6 CD changer! 😯

I celebrated by buying the queen platinum collection which is taking up 3 slots and MJ Essential which is taking up 2. I haven't chosen the 6th CD yet!

See ya!

nessisonett

The best part of having an auntie from the States is mooching off the food she makes at Thanksgiving. Mmmmm snickerdoodles.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

So the new star ocean, yay or nay?

jdv95

nessisonett

Saw there’s jobs going at Free Radical, who’re now actively hiring for the new TimeSplitters game. Very very cool.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@TripleGK @KAIRU It’s basically Valentines Day already.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic