Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,721 to 8,740 of 10,093

Mostik

Hi Folks, quick question I am in the process of moving and have come across about 15 years worth of various gaming magazines (mainly Playstation) I am a collector so don't like to chuck things but should I get rid or sell them as a job lot on ebay or something? Will be gutted to bin them but can't keep them forever, I wont be online again until morning but any tips would be welcome!!

Mostik

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’d assume that there are a few of us a bit bogged down by current events! I’m alright for the most part, just needed to turn off from it all. Don’t seem to have missed an awful lot though, I’ve been binging the last season of Star Wars Rebels and polishing off Lego games as per usual!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I kinda missed everything that happened here the past few days but like Rog says I hope everyone feels better, even if only a little, from when everyone was talking about such things.

The one big thing for me has been a lack of interaction on Push Square at times. I've used the excuse of work keeping me busy when... That isn't strictly true.

I keep second guessing myself when going to contribute to topics or people's posts and ended up getting rather anxious about it and feel like I've ended up kinda distancing myself from everyone here cus of it.

I've tried multiple times to write a few reviews for the review topic over the past year and a half too but haven't managed to keep with it long, not like what I've written (or in some cases even started).

However I think it's finally turning around on both fronts. The review I'm currently penning is setting itself out to be the longest review I think I've ever written (which is saying something)

Plus I'm actually posting here somewhat frequently rather then one post a week or two at best 😊

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Mostik

@Kairu Nice one buddy, think I just needed that bit of confirmation 👍

Mostik

ralphdibny

RogerRoger wrote:

The topic's moved on in my absence, so I won't drag anything back up, but I'll just say a generic "feel better soon" to anybody who wasn't (or isn't) feeling great. If ever anybody's playing anything mindless and would like a friendly chat with an unthreatening rando, my PSN profile is always open. I mean, I don't check it every day, mind, but the offer's there, for whatever it's worth!

Cheers mate, will try and hit you up this week at some point.

nessisonett wrote:

There must be something going round, seems a few of us had a bit of a meltdown at the same time. Perhaps this is the male gamer equivalent of synchronised cycles.

How are you doing??

Thrillho wrote:

@ralphdibny I never got chance to reply to your post after reading it so won’t say too much now but it took me a while to realise your PB diet was plant based and not peanut butter 😁

All the best for you though and hopefully I’ll see you back in the health and fitness thread at some point (even if you have gone to the dark side of Pure Xbox).

Haha, I confused some guests recently with that actually. I said I was making pb doner kebabs for dinner. They all thought I was making peanutbutter in pitta. I also made these same friends laugh on another occasion where I was placing a curry order over the phone and pronounced One Hot Naan in an unfortunate way. (Hot naan is what this place called a chilli naan)

Cheers though, I may hit up the H+F thread again at some point. And don't worry, I'm not solely on the dark side 😆. I always like to keep my options open 😃

Mostik wrote:

Hi Folks, quick question I am in the process of moving and have come across about 15 years worth of various gaming magazines (mainly Playstation) I am a collector so don't like to chuck things but should I get rid or sell them as a job lot on ebay or something? Will be gutted to bin them but can't keep them forever, I wont be online again until morning but any tips would be welcome!!

It's really up to you. I have a similar situation but luckily it sounds like much less. I think I'm going to keep the gaming mags I have. I got a bag for life full of film magazines too though, which I'm probably gona flick through and keep a handful of one's that are still relevant to me. I'll try and stick the rest on eBay but I'm not sure how popular they'll be. Plus they'll be expensive to post as singles as I think magazines are normally too wide to send Large Letter, not sure.

@HallowMoonshadow thanks and I hope you are doing ok

HallowMoonshadow wrote:

I keep second guessing myself when going to contribute to topics or people's posts and ended up getting rather anxious about it and feel like I've ended up kinda distancing myself from everyone here cus of it.

This is more or less what I said about myself in one of my now deleted posts. I was sort of saying how I feel more comfortable being candid with strangers but this place has kind of grown more familiar to me and I actually care what people here think.

But similarly, for a long time, i would write replies and then delete them before I posted. I guess I felt my contribution wouldn't be worthwhile or something or maybe had covered ground that was already said in other replies. This made me feel distant because I wasn't participating.

My conclusion during my meltdown was that it was probably worth just replying because a two word reply is better than no reply in terms of maintaining connections that we've made on here. Not sure if I'll keep that up though, but I'll try.

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Ahh, I’m alright really, just the pressures of everyday life taking a bit of a toll. The job hunt’s a mess with how mental the current economic situation is, and knockbacks make it harder to put myself out there. It meant I couldn’t actually afford to go to my graduation either so had to just get my degree sent in the post. I’m sure it’ll all work out but it was easier to just switch off from everything for a bit, the petty nonsense on the article comments and such just seems a bit pointless in comparison to what’s actually going on out there.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow wrote:

The review I'm currently penning is setting itself out to be the longest review I think I've ever written (which is saying something)

Untitled

I find it hard to find the time or will to write reviews anymore so am happy with just writing some extended thoughts in the “recently completed” thread instead.

I also feel bad as I don’t read the review thread very often as I mostly browse on my phone and don’t always have time to read peoples’ in depth thoughts.

As for worrying about posts, we probably all do it to some degree but if we did it constantly, there wouldn’t be much of a forum to read

Thrillho

Fight_Teza_Fight

@themcnoisy I’m good thanks! Sorry for the late reply. I checked my trophy history the other day & it’s interesting really...I play almost no games at the start of the year & then cram everything in towards the end. It’s probably going to be the same again next year as I want to tick some personal goals off my list. Getting older & all that.
How you finding life on Team Xbox? I seen a Series X for £390 & almost went for it.

@Th3solution They upload some of the + episodes onto their YouTube channel. I have it on as background sounds as I’m gaming but it’s well worth a listen.
I think in the last + Colin interviewed the main guy from the escapist.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight @Th3solution His interview with the guy behind the Abandoned 'game' was one of his best. Very good interview. I think some people were expecting/wanting Colin to really go for him, but he mostly let the audience make their own mind up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks @ralphdibny I really do appreciate the reply, especially after you'd deleted your posts a few days ago talking about it. You can edit the part out to me if it makes you feel more comfortable now I've seen it.

Yeah... I'm quite fond of the friends I've made on here too and what they think of me so I know the feeling you're describing all too well. They're a good lot

And yeah like you and Thrillho says worring about posting would just lead to an empty forum so all we can really do is post, go out way to interact more with people and hope it pays off

Thrillho wrote:

Untitled

Ha ha it's a first draft so I'll edit it down if it's rather redundant in places (which it probably is) @Thrillho.

Hopefully it won't be as big as Ral's Fire Emblem Three Houses review which I think is the longest piece in the thread. I am coming up to 4000 words though... I have a lot to say dammit

You're a new parent (and back at work now no doubt) so it's understandable you don't have as much time to read those bumper length reviews or anything but I totally get the feeling.

I haven't actually looked at the thread in quite a while myself and feel bad about it too... Maybe once a day during my lunch break I'll read a previous one I've missed that interests me and go from there 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@HallowMoonshadow I’m guessing it’s either a Divinity or Pathfinder review given I think you were playing one of those last time I checked? If so, then no wonder it’s a long review, those games are massive and chock full of interlocking systems to talk about! Besides, I’m sure your review will be a lot more worthwhile than the FIFA ones I’ve been doing 😂

HallowMoonshadow

It's actually not them @nessisonett which kinda makes it even worse

I did try writing one for Divinity Original Sin I (I still have a draft of it I believe) so maaaaaaaaaaybe I might finish it off later on... But for now all I'll say is i'm working on an action JRPG 😏

And yeah I did see you were knocking out FIFA reviews... Watching paint dry is more fun then football to me but knowing you I'm sure there's a chuckle or two to be had at least in those fifa reviews!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder Yep that’s a good one although I felt like Colin just let him dig himself further & further in. I think he didn’t go a minute without being deflective, evasive or saying nothing.
A different take from his ‘education of Filip Miucin’ that’s for sure😂

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@HallowMoonshadow An action RPG could be about 5 games from the top of my head that are relatively recent so it’ll be a surprise when you post!

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight Still don't believe he didn't know what plagiarism was! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu They are probably too busy with all the Horizon stuff currently in production. Even if they are not directly involved in everything being made, I bet they will be over seeing most of it.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kairu There were rumours of that being worked on, with some ex Rainbow Six Seige devs being recruited to Guerilla, but no word of what that could be.

ralphdibny

nessisonett wrote:

@ralphdibny Ahh, I’m alright really, just the pressures of everyday life taking a bit of a toll. The job hunt’s a mess with how mental the current economic situation is, and knockbacks make it harder to put myself out there. It meant I couldn’t actually afford to go to my graduation either so had to just get my degree sent in the post. I’m sure it’ll all work out but it was easier to just switch off from everything for a bit, the petty nonsense on the article comments and such just seems a bit pointless in comparison to what’s actually going on out there.

You'll get a job, I am sure. Knockbacks happen and you will probably get used to them. Its more likely to do with the amount of people vying for the same position rather than anything to do with you. Just don't let it get you down, you will find something eventually!

I had my degree posted to me actually. I didn't really fancy graduation at the time and I don't regret not going to it at all. Not that that's very relevant to what you were saying apart from the post thing 😅

Be well Ness!

@HallowMoonshadow ah it's ok, what I repeated to you was probably the most sensible thing I wrote during an encyclopaedia length ramble about my mental state 😃

See ya!

Mostik

@JudgeDredd Hi Buddy, Kairu is absolutely right but I feel much like you, it will hurt a bit to see them go but I never go back and read them even though I have some published letters in some PSM3 mags and Game informer etc.
Couldn't agree more now that I have decided to sell them, I trust they will end up in someone else's collection and they get to enjoy them, it is weird but even before they have gone I feel some what liberated!

Appreciate the words buddy 👍

Mostik

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic