Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 10,080

nessisonett

Pimento cheese is the greatest substance known to man. Thank god for overpriced delis in the posh part of Glasgow.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I used to hate pimento cheese. Now I quite like it. There is a wide range of quality though. There’s some pretty bad pimento cheese out there, which I think was unfortunately what my early exposure to it was.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Well f me, what a week for @nessisonett! First Celtic beating Rangers now Scotland beating England in the Six Nations.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Literally just about to post about that! I have to say though, England were robbed. One moment of madness with the England player giving away the penalty try basically decided the game. We were outplayed for most of it but it’s the big moments that matter I guess. The poor England kicker though, scored all 17 points and then taken off the pitch only for them to lose!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett yeah it was a bit of a wierd match but still entertaining! Better than the Ireland v Wales match which I thought was a bit one sided

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I feel for Wales, hammered with injuries so they were never really going to send out a full strength squad. Not a great result and one they’ll be wanting to forget.

Th3solution

Any interest in the Winter Olympic Games?

I watched some of the early events and it looked to be good a showing. The women’s snowboarding was crazy. Amazing how high they can jump and the tricks they can do. Real life SSX!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Winter sports, this is my Ice Skate Boxer from my gallery last year.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

render

@Th3solution We are big fans of Biathlon in the render household and always follow the IBU World Cup. Shame the UK will never be able to field a competitive team but winter sports are definitely not our thing. Great to watch the best in the world, especially when you realise how crazy it is to go from something as aerobic as cross country skiing to something that requires such concentration and calm as shooting.

I don’t think it would ever make a good game but you could take it to the next level like James Bond always does in the movies. Shooting bad guys while skiing downhill looks like it could be fun 🤩

render

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution love the Winter Olympics! Living in Canada, by the mountains, a lot of the sports featured are part of our way of life. Personally, I particularly enjoy anything snowboarding related, figure skating and of course, hockey! (SSX is amazing and needs to make a comeback)

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Th3solution I do love the curling, particularly because the UK team every Olympics is basically 100% made up of Scottish people! We’re pretty good at it too.

Th3solution

@Fragile I prefer the Summer games, but over time I’m growing to like the Winter games more and more. But like you, I’m just a fan of sports and watching the amazing things that the human body can accomplish.

@render @nessisonett Biathlon and Curling are two events that I don’t really follow or know much about. The TV coverage in the US tends to focus of the events we have a good showing in, so apparently we don’t have a very strong biathlon or curling team.

@Jimmer-jammer Canada has quite a legacy in the Winter games, and I assume the mountains and cooler climate lends itself to people growing up doing things like skiing, ice skating, etc.
And yes — SSX was a great series at one time. I played some of it back of PS2, and I think it was largely a product of its time, alongside the success of Tony Hawk. So I wonder if it could recapture the magic it once had in the current gaming ecosystem.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Well we’re up against the USA in our semi-final in the mixed doubles curling so clearly you’re alright 😛

render

@Th3solution Your Biathlon mixed relay team were running in second at one point yesterday so you’ve got a few good athletes. I can’t remember where they finished but I think the problem with the US team if they just don’t have 4 strong enough people to carry it through. It’s one of the only winter sports that the US have never won a gold medal in but it wouldn’t surprise me if that happens at some point.

It a real shame you don’t get coverage of it as it does make a great sport. The fast skiers don’t always come out on top if their shooting is lacklustre and equally the other way round. You can also see the pressure they are under when they come in for the shooting knowing that they have to shoot quickly to maintain position but each miss potentially means doing an extra 100 metre loop.

render

Anti-Matter

@Th3solution
For Winter sport, I prefer Ice Skating and Ice Hockey, like my drawing Ice Skate Boxer. 😁
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Th3solution

@Anti-Matter Ice Skate Boxing sounds like a dangerous mix of sports. Although I guess it’s not too far distant from Ice Hockey, which sometimes feels like an Ice Boxing match with a game of Hockey that breaks out in the middle. 😄

Doing it all without a shirt on would get pretty cold, I’d bet. 😉

Voltan

I did my first invoice as a "business owner" just now. Honestly this whole thing is stressing me out a little but it should be fine in the long run

Voltan

render

@Voltan Have you quit your job and gone solo or are you doing something on the side? Sounds exciting

render

Voltan

@render Nah, I'm doing the exact same job for the exact same people but in "B2B" mode rathen than on a contract. It's mostly about optimizing some formalities. There are pros and cons to this and currently (especially after recent tax law changes in Poland) the former outweigh the latter, so I went with it.

Voltan

render

@Voltan A few friends of mine do the same and operate as a business contracting themselves out to a large company in the area. They don't do as well as they did due to the tax laws changing here funnily enough, but they still make enough extra to make it worthwhile operating like that as compared to being fully employed. Sounds like a good gig 👍

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic