Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,541 to 7,560 of 10,050

Voltan

@velio84 Yeah, I'm self employed now, I guess. As for tax rates, it's a little complicated as there are several options you can choose from.
Thing is, as an author of original software, I'm entitled to a specific tax break for "IP creators". This means in my case I'll be paying 19% tax monthly but in my yearly tax settlement, I should be able to report most of it as income from original IP creation, which knocks it down to 5% and I'll get a big fat return.
It requires some additional book keeping but I'm prepared to do that.

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 Interesting. I think here you'd just have to show some of your recent income history and if it's a steady flow you should be totally fine getting a loan. If you had taken loans in the past and paid them off without problems, that also counts in your favor. Luckily I'm unlikely to need one anytime soon anyway.

Voltan

nessisonett

@jdv95 I would kill for LA Noire 2/ just another game in that style. One of the most interesting games out there and way ahead of its time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@nessisonett same. there has never been such a good detective game since.

the immersion was top notch.

jdv95

colonelkilgore
🤯

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Not bad for only DLC.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore In the ominous words of Bill McKinney as Mountain Man in Deliverance - "I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I heard about that Canadian truck strike in the news. Were you involved in that at all? I take it you probably couldn't talk about it on here if you were?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

jdv95

lol there's a rumor going around that a remake of untill dawn is in the works.

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 If Until Dawn and TLOU1 get remakes then the industry’s officially run out of ideas 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman haha no, I haven’t been directly involved. The convoy to Ottawa only started it all. There are now protests and border shutdowns across the country. A lot of civil unrest building. People are fed up with government overreach and I gotta say, it’s refreshing to see Canadians united across party lines. But yes, even if I was at the front of the convoy, I generally don’t try and bring too many of my views to PushSquare.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

Wooo just got the payment for my first ever invoice and it wasn't even late xD
So far so good.
Next step: paying taxes lol

Voltan

Voltan

To celebrate I ordered the Galactic Purple DualSense

Voltan

render

@Voltan Nice, hopefully you can claim some tax back on that 😆

render

Voltan

@Thrillho @render I'm not yet comfortable getting things like that invoiced to the business at this stage
I am hoping to buy a new MacBook Pro this year though, so I'll be getting the VAT back on that one

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic