Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,501 to 7,520 of 10,089

Voltan

@jdv95 Ok, good - because I don't have any others at the moment

Voltan

kyleforrester87

I missed the news that a Exhumed/Power Slave remaster is coming soon. That’s really cool, I loved it on PS1.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

I finally get a chance to check Push Square after a full day at work and it like the gaming world won’t sit still for 2 seconds! What in the world is wrong with these companies?! 😅

Tomorrow — Nintendo buys From Software for $9 billion.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Man, I’d kill to see that. If From can barely make their games run on powerful hardware through seemingly incompetence, I’d love to see how PowerPointy it would be on Switch 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Haha, yeah I was just trying to think what is Nintendo missing in its library? If Microsoft was lacking good single player IP’s and buys Bethesda, and Sony is lacking multiplayer first person shooters and buys Bungie, then what is Nintendo lacking? Well gritty and gorey dark, action adventure games, of course. Solution — buy FromSoft. 😜 Elden Ring 2 coming exclusively to Switch 2026.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It somehow wouldn’t shock me if Switch was still around in 2026

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@LieutenantFatman it’s one of those games that I got on a whim (my mum was with me and was probably just telling me to choose anything), I remember thinking it was weird but getting pretty hooked.

Exhumed and Alien Trilogy are my two favourite PS1 era FPS’s I reckon*. I never had Doom myself.

*unless we are talking light gun games, then it’s Die Hard 2 and TIMMEEEE CRISSSEESSS

kyleforrester87

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87
The psone version of Doom is still the best version of the original. Difficult to play without a ps1/2 or 3 though.

My Dad loved Alien Trilogy. I rarely chose games, I think the only one I did in those days was FF7 because it sounded cool, lol. Good choice as it turned out.
PS1 will always be one of my favourite consoles, had so many brilliant games and such wide variety of ideas and genres. With plenty of hidden gems.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Please, don't even joke about that kinda thing. That stings deep.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@LieutenantFatman I have played quite a bit of Doom on both PS1 and even Gameboy Advance (I got the re-release on PS4 as well actually), just it was quite late on after already playing the likes of Alien Trilogy and Exhumed.

My dad picked FF7 and we got it with a PS1 and a bunch of other awesome games one Christmas - Tomb Raider, Crash, etc. I didnt actually get round to touching FF7 until like March - April 😂 Turned out it was the best of the bunch though!

kyleforrester87

Voltan

Team17 is another company to cancel their NFT plans after severe backlash (this time it was both from players and some studios whose games they published).
Hopefully others are now smart enough to never announce the plans in the first place.

Voltan

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87
Yes, FF7 was a hard one to top! Although Tomb Raider was a strong contender.
Crash was the first game I bought with my own money. £50 from Blockbuster, which I think was all the money I had. After getting 100% on it after three days, I wasn't particularly pleased, haha. I was used to games lasting much longer than that.

Reminds me when my Dad brought home a game called Fighting Force for the ps1 and I finished it in a single evening, I was mortified, I didn't tell him, lol.

Our previous home console was the Atari ST and on the rare occasion I was able to finish a game it would to take years to get to that point.

LieutenantFatman

NedStarksGhost

Watching some YouTube this morning and an advert for some Mech mobile game (resource management plus PvP type thing) came up. Talking about how all these new mechs are being added and are all "unique", I knew exactly where this was going... A few seconds later they show off tiles of "Unique" Mechs, all looking the same with names like "Mech1-NFT"... All the while this being delivered by a guy, sat at home in his PC chair wearing sunglasses, indoors.

I mean, could they make it any more clear how much of a scam this is without just saying "this is a scam"?

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

@Voltan wow that's amazing. Jason is so lucky, how can he pass up that many opportunities to get valuable NFTs!

NedStarksGhost

Anti-Matter

Well, today is birthday of my fictional character, Jayden Snowfield on 2 February. 🎂❄
He is a Winter boxer with icy blue hair and has natural ability to stay in cold place with topless.
Kinda like Gray Fulbuster.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I reckon dropping Giles was a mistake as the problem with the England side at the moment is batting quality and not management/coaching quality although you could argue that the one informs the other. I reckon we will lose 2-1 in the Windies test series after losing 3-2 in the white ball format of the game against them.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I guess him leaving was kind of inevitable. I'm surprised at how quiet it's been on Silverwood's future though.

I'll be surprised if we lose to the Windies though. They've not been a great test team for a little while but they do have a few good players.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic