Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 10,090

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i worked there 6 years

i don't like nor did i want a fuss, i hate being the center of attention so i just left as quietly as possible

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD and that is why i never told anyone, i knew if i did they would just want to make a fuss about it and i didn't want that

plus when people throw you a party it's never actually about you, it's about them and them using it an excuse to have a party

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Eh, I have some friendships which came from working relationships, and they continue even after you or they have left. As for the rest of them, when you think about it you realise the only thing you have in common is work, even if you really gel well together in the work place you have no connection to them outside of office hours so saying goodbye isn't a problem for me.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah they do that in my work for birthdays, but it is not enforced or anything. They also give you a card on your birthday with messages from everyone. But everyone stands around your desk watches while your boss gives a little speech. It's a bit cringe, as some people are obviously not comfortable with it. Luckily you don't have to that either.

I've learnt over the years not to get that attached to people and work places if I know I'm not gonna be there for long. Works the other way too with people on temp contracts coming and going every few months. It gets easier the more you do it, I got quite emotional when I left my first job but not really been like that since. Of course I've met some cool people over the years struck up good friendships, but I generally find it difficult to keep in touch with people unless i see them regularly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ellsworth004

@KratosMD ive worked at my job for 21 years. Im currently laid off on short term disability, i hurt my back doinf some work for my mother-in-law. Ill probably never be able to go back to work there because its a fastpaced production job. I was a crew leader when i had to leave. As much as i hated it, i will miss it. I think what ill miss the most is how comfortable i felt with my job. It kinda became who i was and now i dont really know what to do. What im saying is, i get what ur feeling.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Tasuki

And so my cat passed over the rainbow bridge this morning just after 10 PST. We suspect that she may have had cancer but we're not 100% sure. Regardless she will be missed and was loved very much.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ellsworth004

@Tasuki sorry man, i have a pet that i love, shes a part of our family, so i can imagine how u feel. Condolences bro... 😢

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Th3solution

@Tasuki I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m sure you must be very saddened as I know you really loved your cat. Hang in there, my friend.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki so sorry man, my Cat is 15 years old and we know her time is near but we still aint ready for her to pass, it's never easy

and about that other thread yesterday i completely understand what your saying but i thought it was important to let them know the rules so they wouldn't try doing it again

HallowMoonshadow

I'm so sorry this happened @Tasuki . Not much else I can really say that hasn't already been said by everyone else. Hope you're doing ok

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Tasuki

Thanks everyone. Yeah it shocked us all how fast she went. We are thinking it was cancer duento how fast she went.

@FullbringIchigo I see what you're saying but they don't care about the rules all they care about is how many times they can post their garbage before being caught. If they did care about the rules they wouldn't have done it in the first place.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki i guess so

RogerRoger

@Ralizah So I owe you an apology.

I am most definitely not myself today, haven't been for quite a while actually but it isn't an excuse. You were absolutely right to jump on my comments earlier because reading them back, they only serve as examples of the kind of behaviour I was trying (and failing, badly) to condemn.

Not sure why you deleted that last comment; it's a good and valid one, and should stand on the record to cap off my public stupidity.

I hope this won't have a negative impact on our future interactions around here.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, after posting I had a change of heart and retracted my apology. I’m sorry for nothing. Lol 😜

But in actuality I deleted my first comment as I thought better of my silly joke and didn’t want to give Rog the impression I was making light of his rather moving and sincere apology (whether needed or not). We have too few of those displays of humility on the internet so kudos for the gesture.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Hmmm.... okay, we’ll here’s your apology — On behalf of Push Square, I hereby apologize that Fez was not selected as the greatest game of all time. ...And I’m sorry that Spider-Man is so awesome.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic