Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,635

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Just play shorter games until you are in the right frame of mind to go back to the larger games or ones you've not yet finished. I'm on the very last boss in both the main game and dlc for Bloodborne, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to it at this stage.

I've got a huge backlog too and I use to get a bit stressed about it. To the point that I wasn't enjoying gaming as much. But I think that had a bit to do with over thinking about it if that makes sense? So I made a decision to just try and forget about my backlog and just play more what I'm in mood for. If that is a game from my backlog than so be it or it could mean buying something new. It may mean some games get left not finished, but I'm okay with that and I seem to be enjoying my gaming more. It's not really worth get stressed over as gaming should be fun.

I know that might work for everyone but it seemed to work OK for me.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@ellsworth004 I hear a lot of good things about memory foam. It isn't for me (I need to sleep on the firmest possible mattresses, to the point where I prefer the hardwood floor when I visit my Dad's for the holidays) but for folks with the most common back problems, it apparently does wonders. As @Thrillho says, just might take you a couple nights to get used to it (and for it to get used to you). Best of luck!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@RogerRoger yeah i hope it helps me get some rest. Ive been laid off fron work from the dr for about 4 months. Gotta get shots in my back next week, just hoping for no surgery. Back injury is a horrible thing to go through. I wish 20 years ago i knew what i know now. Gotta take care of your body, we only get one!

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah good advice. I think my backlog is stressing me which I don't quite understand. I have completed smaller games, mainly indie, like My Friend Pedro which has been easier to fit in and get progress on.

Getting Bloodstaind today so looking forward to that though - unless the Switch version is too much of a buggy mess to play!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Rudy_Manchego Yeah, my previous approach to the backlog was treating it like a queue where as I bought a game or obtained it through PS Plus it would go to the end of the line or the bottom of the stack, so to speak, and I was trying to work on games in kind of a chronological order of release of the order I obtained them in. Sometimes I’d vary from that a bit, but I would approach them from a checklist approach like a “to do” list at work, or like how one might approach their dinner plate and eat their salad first, then their soup, then the meat, mix in some potato and steamed vegetables, and then after all that’s done I can finally have my dessert. While I think there is still some value in an organized approach like that for those of us with OCD tendencies (the rush that comes from checking a box from a well planned list 😄) it also can lead to burn-out. So lately I am trying to be a little more like Johnny with the “play what I’m in the mood for” approach. In the past I would have banked the PS Plus games for later since I have plenty other games I’m working on, but I downloaded both games this month and went straight to them. I’ve found it fun to play some games that are in the current public consciousness and that have a little community buzz at the time.
Basically, I’m trying to just go straight for dessert first, if that’s what I want to do. Or if I’m in the mood for the steak, I’ll eat it first. Then if I get sick of it, I’ll leave it half eaten and try a few dinner rolls before pulling out the pasta. If that doesn’t satisfy my cravings, then just bring in the bowl of ice cream. Sure it’s not that good for me and it didn’t last that long, but it will taste good for a while.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Gremio108

@Th3solution I think this is why I keep stuttering with my Sekiro playthrough. I usually take an easygoing approach with my backlog and play whatever I like, depending on whether it feels like 'the right time' to play it.

But Sekiro I've borrowed from a friend in order to try and complete it before he's ready to start it, giving myself a time limit. I think I'm just going to buy my own copy and take my time.

It sounds like you're having fun with Borderlands 2, so that approach seems to be working for you. As with all the good things in life - if you're enjoying it, that means you're probably doing it right.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KratosMD

I just got done with handing in my assignments for my summer courses for this month. I stayed up almost all night yesterday just trying to get one of them done, lol. Kinda reminded me of my uni days.

Speaking of which, I got a call yesterday from my university asking if I could come in for an interview next week for the position of administrator. Moreover, my summer job starts next week as well! This will be my busiest summer yet, no more slacking off with video games all day every day like always during summer times.

KratosMD

KnightWolf

Not sure where to post this but i no longer need to buy another game again between dreams and Super Mario Maker 2. I can play all the games i want lol.

KnightWolf

PSN: KnightWolf86x

andreoni79

I'm not a Netflix guy so I don't know how exactly it works, but friends of mine are celebrating because Netxflix removed the new adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The translation was really terrible and it has generated tons of memes...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I moved our convo here as to not to derail the Final Fantasy thread.

I think OPM is more expense to buy in the shops these days, it is always cheaper per issue when you sub. And you get a free gift when you first sub, usually a game or a peripheral.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I’m slightly surprised to see it still going. I had soooo many demo discs for the PSone and some of those got played almost as much as entire games I owned.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i think it's £5.99 an issue in the shops

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

... I still have a box or two in the attic full of both magazines and discs from the ps1 days of the official playstayion magazine... The special Tekken 3 one in particular comes to mind...

I went above and beyond with my user review/impressions of Digimon cyber sleuth Hacker's memory... It's 1000 words longer then the official PushSquare one! xD

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

Ralizah

@andreoni79 They... uh... they didn't. Evangelion is still up. Anyway, it wouldn't need to be removed. Literally all they would need to do to fix it is at least negotiate the rights for the musical cues missing in the show itself (it's insane that they removed the background music from at least one of the most emotional scenes in the series!) and fix a few issues with the translation.

EDIT: Are you referring to the removal of the italian dub?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

@Ralizah Yes, I forgot to say that. They changed many terms without any reason ("angels" now is "apostles", "berserk" is "state of fury"...) and, even worse, they tried to be more faithful to the japanese language putting the verbs at the end of the sentences and the result was dramatically comic.
EDIT: Only now I realized the series have been re-adapted worldwide...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Ralizah

@andreoni79 Oh geez. That sounds awful.

And I thought the relatively minor issues with the English script were bad.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

Usually not interested in this kinda stuff, but I thought this was pretty cool!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic