Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 10,056

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I deleted the last comment because I'm not a huge fan of arguing with people unless it's something really important. Especially people I otherwise enjoy talking to. Also, that last post devolved purely into scolding. It's not my place to scold you.

I do appreciate the apology, though! You're not stupid, and it takes a big guy to go into public and say: "I was wrong." It's one of the hardest things in the world.

We're cool.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Thanks for your reply and for accepting my apology.

People don't have to be stupid to still do stupid things. I really dislike myself when I get stuck in particularly bloody-minded and / or short-sighted moods. I've subsequently deleted my last comment in the thread; whilst I'm not a fan of revisionist history, I would quite like you to have the last word in that exchange, for anybody still passing through.

I have zero problem with being called out, scolded or put in my place. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and it often takes somebody pushing back to snap me out of a wrong-headed approach. I'm grateful that, in yesterday's case, it was somebody as reasonable and as understanding as you.

@kyleforrester87 If I've done anything to offend or upset you, then there's an apology here with your name on it. Please let me know what so that I can try and ensure it doesn't happen again.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 ...so what, with an apology in the bank, I'm allowed to offend you at some point? Well, that's just swell. A free shot to offend somebody, and it's the one guy who's practically un-offendable!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

In any argument, someone could say something they don't mean, or something can be taken that way. It happens a lot on forums.

So, @RogerRoger don't take it too heavy, and @KratosMD I knew you meant well, and I'll return the apologies for any of my rudeness in the past. Sorry!

Kidfried

Ralizah

@RogerRoger You're a sweetie. I appreciate that, considering what a vicious place the internet often is.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

I apologize to everyone because I have no idea what you are talking about!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

ellsworth004

People can put down this website and the community all they want, ita their right. But imo after reading these last several comments, i think most of us are pretty decent people. Its nice to read stuff like this instead of...well just bad, demeaning, and alot of the time ridiculous behavior. Thanks for making my day better by me reading this. 😃

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Th3solution

@KratosMD Now it makes sense why it was only €10.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD The second game was in ps+ earlier this year, or wait till later and I believe the base game will become free on 1st October this year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD it should be illegal to sell games with out of date codes in them

although if it's a "complete" edition then the games should come with everything on the dam disc, i never liked when they just ship it with DLC codes

plus there was a place in my town that would take games and codes out of the cases for storage and people who worked there used to write the codes down and use them themselves

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@KratosMD I think the reason behind giving DLC Codes is so people can't share the DLC discs. I had the GOTY edition of Borderlands back on the 360. I remember loaning the second DLC disc out to everyone I knew who had the base game. Once they installed the DLC they didn't need the disc anymore. They could literally buy the base game for $5 and then borrow the DLC disc and have everything.

I am sure there are ways around it like requiring the disc to play it etc. But there are probably other reasons behind including the DLC Codes instead of a disc. Not necessarily goods I might add.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So I am super excited. I found out yesterday that select theaters in my area will be showing Metallica's S&M 2 concert at them which happens to be my favorite band of all time. I quickly checked a theater in my area and found some for $15!!! So In will be going to that this October a few days before my birthday too. I am super excited!!!

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki what about an activation program on the disc that automatically unpacks the codes and then automatically adds the DLC to your download cue this way the codes can't be stolen NOR would they have a use by date and it would still link them to the initial account they was used on meaning they was still a one time use item and thus can't be shared through the used games market (which i'm assuming is one of the main reasons they do it, it's kind of like online passes

that and they are also lazy)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo it's probably also cheaper to use slips of paper with codes on them then discs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the base game discs are just discs that they have left over from the initial print so they just print out a slip with codes and call it a day.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki they are trust me, i brought the Royal Edition of FFXV on XB1 and the game disc is literally the original release and i know this because not only does the disc have the original copyright date on it AND not only did it look the same as the day one PS4 disc (bar the console specific branding of course) but when i first installed and played it my XB1 internet adapter was broken so i couldn't update it and it was the original vanilla release

HallowMoonshadow

Seeing as I have nothing left to say about Sword and Shield @Ralizah and it's gonna purely be a recollection of my thoughts on Pokémon White I'm putting my response here so I don't derail the switch thread (Incidently I forgot to mention I saw your post about the Alexa stuff in the movie thread the other night before Tasuki edited it and I thought it was adorable... Excellent choice of colour with red by the way!)

As for Pokémon White. It was four... maybe three years ago I played it for the first time. I'd heard about it's critical reputation and despite my uninterest in the Pokes I'd seen I decided to try it out. Admittedly the finer details really escape me as I played it only once and then got rid of it... but I'll try my best so forgive me if I've got something wrong.

• For starters... I didn't really like the starters. Tepig's line is incredibly garish and ghastly, Snivy is pretty meh and so is Oshawott really (Which is a downright shame as a lover of all the water starters before and after this)
  • The plot. I'm sure it's only like an hour in when you see that public speech from Ghetis (Or however it's spelt) and I was intrigued by Team Plasma Cut to an hour later with the two grunts kicking the pokemon in the forest and I instantly dismissed them as just another team rocket expy just with good publicity (at the moment). Completely ruined any chance of taking them seriously and knew the leader was totally evil and just lying to N. N's niavity to the whole situation just made me roll my eyes too
  • The rivals. I can't remember the names of them... But after the second time I encountered them they became rather predictable on when I was suppose to expect them. One on the route to a new city, the other whilst leaving or something.

Whilst you know you'll always fight the rival of any pokémon game at the start and end... usually inbetween you'll have no idea when they'll pop up. But yeah... these two I just seemed to know every time and it seemed to be way too frequent as well.

• It felt like the longest pokemon game I'd played. And yet it was actually one of the quickest I'd ever beaten a pokemon game. It might be due to the fact I didn't care much for any the pokemon designs in the slightest and I just stuck with one team rather then switching things up as I went along.

Looking through the pokes from gen 5 there's about 15 or so I like. Lilligant and Whimsicott being the only ones that I do really like and remember.

• Didn't like how the trainers/gym leaders/elite four had pitiful amounts of pokemon either. Plus the elite four choosing thing, only four pokes and no increased level between the four meant it wasn't really a challenge in the slightest

Heh... Sorry if that sounds more like a rant... Wasn't supposed to be but I just really didn't get along with it in the slightest 😅

I never want to not like a game... But White completely and utterly dissapointed me on pretty much every level.

X&Y had a lot of problems too but I liked a bunch more of the pokemon (Especially my Froggy Boi Greninja) and I actually liked Xerneas too compared to Zekrom and Reishram (sp?) who just looked rather generic.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

andreoni79

At the end of the month I'm gonna leave my workplace, one more time. It happens every year since I work for a tour operator for 8/9 months per year, then there's a long break before the next season. Last year I had a severe burnout in July which obviously ruined any "goodbye party" hypothesis, but I'm not that kind of person anyway.
August 30th will be a friday so I decided to offer a beer only to the closest colleagues (that's 30 of us in the office, too many for a collective goodbye) right at the end of my last working day.
It's 5 years now I'm into this routine and even if I work 150 kms away from home, my feelings still belong to my hometown.
To me, worktime has nothing to do with the "real life", the one in which I am myself and not a part of a mechanism ruled by others.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic