Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 10,078

DerMeister

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, especially since I live in a one bedroom apartment in a state with 90+ degree summers. I should be grateful it didn't get worse.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Our postal service (Brit here) is going much the same way. It isn't too bad for me, I live in a town centre with a dozen pick-up points, but my partner is a little more rural and has limited mobility. Twice now, he's had redelivery options refused and been told to go collect a parcel from his local Post Office collection point, twenty minutes drive away. Doesn't sound like much to you and I but to him, it's a big deal.

Sorry you had this experience, but I'm glad you got the game in the end, at least. I've had a game I pre-ordered online go missing once before and it was a nightmare to track down and figure out without simply buying another copy (which I didn't wanna do on principle).

@DerMeister Glad you're feeling better, and that you managed to dodge the heat-stroke bullet. As somebody who hates any temperature above "witch's teat" you have my sympathy.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@KratosMD Oh wow, I didn't know that. That is kinda interesting. The convenience store bit, not the fact that you had to go there cause of a lazy postal worker.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yeah in the states we don't have a system like that (at least that I know of). It's either we get it at our front door, mail box or the post office. Lucky for me my post office is about a 5 min drive for me. I do see in some of the grocery stores and 7-11s have what's called "Amazon Lockers" popping up but I believe that only for Amazon customers use not the postal service.

Now I know some grocery stores here you can send mail from like bills and such which can be convenient but I don't think you can recieve mail.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki We have Amazon Lockers as well. My local ones are always full (again, town centre curse) but there are others in hotel lobbies and at nearby restaurants which are quite handy.

Isn't it illegal to handle somebody else's post in the States? I know it's illegal to open somebody else's post without permission in the UK, but parcels can be left with neighbours and whatnot. That might be why you couldn't ever have a store clerk handling your post.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger It could be I don't know for sure. I know it's illegal to open anyone elses mail here in the states.

Now I know for example if I have a package delivered to my house that requires my signature and my son is at home for example and I am at work he can sign and get the package for me from the postal worker. I think here in the States it's the address that matters as they have to delivery to that address.

Now, there are places like UPS and Fed Ex offices that offer what's called a P.O. Box at there businesses even the Post Office has P.O. Boxes that people can use if they rather get there mail that way. But the clerk at those places never touch the mail.

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki @RogerRoger @KratosMD Most items I've bought from Amazon I can arrange to delivered at various pick up points nearby, luckily I have a post office at my nearest convenience store which is a minute over the road from where I live. And I go past it every day to and from the bus stop. Stuff from eBay I can collect it from a local Argos (which I hear is closing down which sucks. Or I can get it delivered to work. Anything expensive I tend to time when i have time off work and have it delivered to home.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ellsworth004

@DerMeister wow i bet that was brutal, i live in virginia and the heat has been unbearable during the day. My cousin lives in Houston and has told me about the heat in texas. Glad that ur ok! Keep as cool as u can, because the heat is not something to mess around with.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

andreoni79

I bet a big part of the global warming is due to 100 millions PS4 overheating worldwide! 😂
@DerMeister How about your diet? I change my habits during the summer and it surely helps! Glad you are fine now.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

FullbringIchigo

@andreoni79 according to a survey the British government did years ago it's down to Cow Flatulence

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@KratosMD Is there someone you can call, email etc about this. Like your local Post Office or something. It sounds to me like you had two different postal workers delivering the packages and one was just lazier.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yeah, as nuts-crazy as this has been, you've got a crop of new games and we're approaching a weekend; put the kettle on and enjoy!

Truly is bonkers, though. Methinks you're the victim of a proper jobsworth.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD sounds like you just had a lazy postie

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

Had to rush my cat back to the vet today. She hasn't been drinking on her own for two days now.

My Backlog

Thrillho

I once had my postman leave a card saying a package had been left with a neighbour but without saying who. Not great when I lived in a block of flats in London. Royal Mail just shrugged their shoulders and wouldn’t pay for what was ultimately lost.

Our current postman had a habit of leaving parcels under our decking at the back of the house. We had to complain that they probably shouldn’t be unlocking our back gate to get in and also once left a perishable package there when it was raining...

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD The trick is to stay at a place so long that you hate everyone, then leave in a moment of desk flipping glory on some random Tuesday morning.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD when i left my last job i never even told anyone i worked with i was leaving, i just left on my last shift said "bye" and that was it i walked out the door and never went back

end on an air of mystery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic