Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,131

mookysam

@nessisonett The only one of those I've got is Doom Eternal, although could possibly borrow Resi 3 off a friend. I'm wondering how good the PS5 version of Doom is.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@TraCuz- Not everything really needs to be a month long, some games we’ve played have been quite short! You’d be amazed how slowly some of us can make our way through the games too 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@TraCuz- This next year is a pretty awesome one for fans of niche Nintendo and Nintendo-adjacent franchises. Like, if I had to think of a year personally catered to my own tastes, all of those series would be represented.

Although FF VII Remake 2 will probably vault up the list when we learn more about it. That might be the software that ends up pushing me toward a PS5, since I doubt it'll be a cross-generation release.

@mookysam Probably like the PS4 version of DOOM, but with higher-resolution visuals and raytracing support.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Ahh ok didn't know that, I will probably be one of those slower ones since FFXIV has become my life lately haha.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@Ralizah That's dope, I'm happy for ya! Hope they're all smashing releases. Personally the way you've talked about MegaTen over time has gotten me interested in SMT5, not sure if I'm there day 1 or not but I'm surely interested. Do I even need to say anything about BOTW2? On the topic of Zelda what's your favorite one? If that's too hard then top 3.

Currently Playing:

Mr_B021

My vote goes to Vampyr to complicate matters further 😂 I played Subnautica for about ten hours, but then life got in the way. Sorry I couldn’t keep up with you guys, but I enjoyed reading your thoughts about the game.
@nessisonett I hope you are feeling better. I received my vaccine 2 weeks ago. Felt a bit weird for a day but nothing serious.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

R1spam

I'd be up for playing resi 7 for Halloween, I'm about halfway through already! I do want to play mafia but I don't know if I can justify spending the cash on this with the number of games that I either own or have access to on ps plus library or gamepass. I've enjoyed bits of subnautica but I feel it could have done with dealing out story beats more frequently. Its the beauty of this game club though in that it's a genre of game I may never have played without it. I've enjoyed reading folks thoughts on it.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I can't choose 1 game out of that lot! I'd be happy with any except Resident Evil 3 as I haven't played 2. Quite happy to sit it out if it ends up being the game.

I'm definitely up for Doom Eternal, Mafia and Life is Strange and would make an effort to see them all out to the end (as I'm planning to at some point soon anyway) so these are safe bets.

I would give Deadly Tower of Monsters and Vampyr a go but I can't promise I'll enjoy them/finish them though so these are less safe bets that I'd still be up for.

See ya!

Th3solution

I’m in a similar boat (…er, Uh seamoth, as it were) with Subnautica. I’m not sure how near the end I am, and I’ve enjoyed the camaraderie of playing the game this way but I’m not certain I’ll push through much further. If I didn’t have some other games pulling my attention more then I’d have devoted more time to it. It’s been fun though, even if I never made it off that stupid planet.

As for my vote for the next — I’d go for RE3, with a follow up of RE7 in October. If not then RE3 in Oct would be fine also, but I’ve either already played or don’t own all the other games on the ticket besides Vampyr. So I guess Vampyr would be my second choice after RE3, despite @Kidfried ‘s less than glowing review of the game. 😛

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett First and foremost, I hope you're feeling better today!

I won't vote on anything particular from that list. I have a few I could join in with, but nothing I'm absolutely desperate to play, so anything I do to influence a narrow vote might end up being a bit of a waste if I choose to go in a different direction.

Should it end up being Resi 3, I'd do what I did before, and play the PSone original alongside those brave enough to face the juicy HD details of the remake.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@TraCuz-

Majora's Mask 3D is probably my vote for the "best" Zelda game, but BotW is my favorite open world game, so it really just depends on the day.

If I had to round out a top three, I'd say The Wind Waker also deserves mention. One of the most charming video games I've ever played.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Majora’s Mask really needs a definitive version. 3D messed some stuff up while having some great improvements so if they put the two together then it would finally be the game it deserves to be.

TraCuz-

@Ralizah Same! Well technically not 3D for me, I never owned a 3DS I played the original N64 release! But Majora's Mask remains not only my favorite Zelda games of all time, but one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

I would also 2nd BOTW, and I've actually never played Windwaker(didn't own gamecube) closest I got was Phantom Hourglass which was decent. But 3rd place for me would be A Link to the Past.

Currently Playing:

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz-

By my probably flawed maths (how do you calculate a maybe???) I’ve managed to get these numbers.

Resi 3 - 2
Doom Eternal - 3
EGTTR - 1
Mafia - 3
Vampyr - 1
Life is Strange - 1

So we have a sudden death situation between Mafia: Definitive Edition and Doom Eternal. I try not to get involved in these votes and honestly, I’m up for both and do own both. Probably the best way to do it is for those who voted for other games to just pick one of those two and we can get started on the victor at the weekend!

Th3solution

I don’t own either and so will sit out the next month and will enjoy following along from a distance. If I’m forced to vote on what I want to read about people playing, then I’ll go with… I don’t know… I guess I’m more likely to play Doom Eternal eventually. So I’d like to read people’s experience with it. Also curious to hear how the PS5 version stacks up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Mr_B021

My vote goes to Mafia then. I played 2 and 3 but I missed the original.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Kidfried

There are all not games I'm interested in playing (again) at the moment, so I'm not voting either. Sorry buds!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

I feel bad not voting, but I'm just too flaky at the moment. I wouldn't wanna be the guy who forced everybody to go in a particular direction, and then bailed on 'em. Sorry!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic