Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,131

nessisonett

Finally got my seamoth! It’s pretty fun so far, especially since I can finally put my depth module to good use that I found ages ago. Just working towards a habitat builder now so I can start building a base closer to the containment thingy.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

crimsontadpoles

I've been playing a lot more, and might be getting towards the end parts. I've found an alien facility at 1400m deep, but the door needs a specific tablet. Not sure how to get that, so I might need to look that up.

Also, the cyclops blueprints have completely eluded me so far. The prawn suit seems good enough for exploring deeper areas, but I do want a cyclops just for the sake of it.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Gremio108

Just been catching up on this thread. I loved playing through Subnautica in lockdown last year and this is making me want to try the follow up.

All I'll say is that when I started I thought it would be a good idea to actually build my base on land. It wasn't. I ended up taking it apart and moving it to a lovely area of red sea grass, next to a big drop off, where my observatory overlooked. Much better.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Did you ever play No Man’s Sky? I wonder how you felt this compared to it? When I played NMS it was before base building was implemented with an update, so I bounced off the game before it really became the full fledged survival game that it is now.
My issue with the base building in Subnautica is that the steps to acquire key components is pretty strict and although I admire the depth, it’s just a little much to search for pieces of blueprints, then all the supplies. And often being able to build one thing requires you have already built another thing before it and so you have to go back to square one and find the the precursor blueprint or item. I feel like just as I get some momentum and a plan together, that I get roadblocked by and unforeseen prerequisite. I think that’s the way these games are supposed to work, but it burns me out a little bit. Anyways, I was wondering if NMS had an easier or a harder flow to it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Finally got my base started. Got a foundation and a little tube, along with a solar panel. Pretty grim stuff! I also went back to the Aurora for the final time to grab the blueprints from the captain’s quarters. Although I found a door on the outside that I couldn’t go through without a propulsion cannon, which I just haven’t bothered making.

crimsontadpoles

So, a weird bug caused me to reach about 8000m or 9000m deep. The ground hadn't loaded properly, so I fell through in my Prawn Suit and just kept falling. Just before the Prawn Suit was about to get destroyed from crush depth damage, I got warped back to the safety of sea level.

Anyway, is anyone else getting lots of performance issues, or is it just me? I'm playing on a regular PS4 Slim. The start of the game was fine, but it's been getting noticeably worse over time. After building an alien containment, putting some fish in there, and entering the final area, it's gotten real bad.

At first, it was just a minor case of waiting a moment for stuff like other escape pods to appear. But now, I'm regularly pausing the game for half a minute or more for the deeper environments to load. The alien facilities seem notoriously bad, particularly the enforcement platform island and the final area. The Prawn Suit is regularly getting completely stuck there. There was also a couple of times where the water completely disappeared (one was visual, the other stopped me from swimming). Plus I've had a few crashes during the initial loading screen.

I'm very close to completing it, so I want to carry on and reach the ending. I may as well also get the Platinum trophy, since there's not much for me to do other than story related trophies (looking up where the cyclops blueprints are is the biggest one left for me). But yeah, it has gotten a bit frustrating lately with those technical issues.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles My pop-in’s been dreadful on PC and it has annoyingly long load times on launch but that’s about it. The pop-in can cause issues if I get too close as I can clip through things. Not really sure why the pop-in’s like that given it’s a decent PC and it’s running off an SSD. It also makes my fan take off like a jumbo jet.

Th3solution

@nessisonett @crimsontadpoles The PS5 version has been fine so far, granted I’m not as far into the game. But I’ve started building my own base and visited a pretty far part of the map. I don’t have much pop-in, but a little and the game isn’t particularly mind blowing for a PS5 game. The load times are long for a PS5 game. When Control, Astrobot, and Returnal can go from clicking the icon to playing the game within maybe 5 seconds, this game takes about 20-25 seconds to open maybe? I don’t know I never timed it. But for what it is, the performance should definitely be better.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yeah, I started dabbling in No Man's Sky but I'd just come off the back of The Outer Worlds, so I was a bit spaced out, so to speak, so I stopped.

I've watched the kids play it quite a lot though, which is a good way to experience these games. You get to enjoy seeing it develop without the stress of all the micromanagement. I played Subnautica at the very start of the first lockdown so I had ample time to really devote myself to it. I can completely see why people would dislike these sort of games though. No Man's Sky is on a bigger scale than Subnautica, but it's a very similar experience. Well, I thought so anyway

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

crimsontadpoles

I've reached the ending, and unlocked the Platinum trophy. It's actually quite a nice Platinum to get, as anyone reaching the ending will likely be close to reaching the trophy anyway, with only a few quick things left to do.

Anyway, I'll post some more thoughts another time once people are closer to finishing.

And if anyone gets a Cuddlefish, be very careful about using vehicles near them. They can get in the way easily, and take damage from colliding with the vehicle.

ralphdibny

I don't think I'll get time to play this game unfortunately. I've had a really busy/weird month. I really wanted to take part because Subnautica is on the cusp of games that I have an interest in (mainly because it was a freeby) so I thought game club would help see me through it even if it didn't grab me at first. But yeah, it's probs too late for me to start/catch up now and I'm not sure what my availability will be for a 30+ hour game in the next couple of weeks. Sorry peeps.

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I’m not even sure I’ll finish it. It’s really long. We’ll probably vote for the next game at the weekend!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz-

While I haven’t finished Subnautica (I’m close, I swear!), it’s time to vote on the next game. IIRC, the ones with at least 2 votes were Mafia, Vampyr and Life is Strange. Resident Evil 3, Doom Eternal and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture were on 1 vote. To make matters easier mostly because post-vaccine side effects have completely floored me, we’ll just vote for one of these games. So to sum up, your options are:

Mafia Definitive Edition
Vampyr
Life is Strange
Resident Evil 3
Doom Eternal
Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture

Happy voting and it closes on Monday! As always, just drop a message if you want added or removed from The Tag List.

Col_McCafferty

Resi 3 for me even if I had originally planned to save it for October!

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty That’s true actually, Resi 3 would be a good fit for Halloween since we did Resi 2 last October. Perhaps we can do Resi 7 instead at Halloween since it’s part of the PS Plus Collection.

Col_McCafferty

@nessisonett Resi 7 is part of the PS5 collection? Interesting.

🤔

Well if that's the case my vote will stay the same.

Col_McCafferty

Ralizah

@nessisonett Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture would get my vote, as I have access to it via PS+ and the Game Club is the only thing that'd ever get me to actually bother playing it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TraCuz-

My main vote would be Doom Eternal but I feel that game doesn't offer much for a month's worth of discussion. If not Doom than Resi 3 for me.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@Ralizah That's a nice most anticipated list you got there

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic