Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,131

ralphdibny

ralphdibny wrote:

I would give Deadly Tower of Monsters and Vampyr a go but I can't promise I'll enjoy them/finish them though so these are less safe bets that I'd still be up for.

Omg I'm such an idiot, I keep getting everybody's gone to the rapture mixed up with deadly tower of monsters. Maybe because they have a lot of syllables in the title and were both PS Plus games. This is Downwell and Undertale all over again šŸ˜‚

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny The Outer Worlds/Wilds is still the worst one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

User 1 - "This games awesome, I love the art direction, so simplistic"

User 2 - "Yeah it's really art nouveau, I love the breakfast at Tiffany's vibes the characters give off too"

User 3- "Yeah the coming of age story really comes across well, I totally relate"

Me - "I loved it when Kano ripped Sonya Blade's heart out but then turned into a baby for some reason....uhm, wait a minute!"

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam @TraCuz-

Given the stalemate, Iā€™m just going to make an executive decision and go by alphabetical order. So Doom Eternalā€™s our game for the rest of this month, followed by Mafia: Definitive Edition next month! For anyone in the UK, Doom is Ā£15 on Amazon for PS4 which will give you access to the PS5 upgrade. Itā€™s also on Game Pass if anyone has a PC or Xbox.

R1spam

@nessisonett cool cool, I'll pick up mafia before then as I've got some cex credit from mario golf trade in šŸ™„. I've got gamepass but wanted to play 2016 before I try eternal so likely won't join in. Will be looking forward to seeing what people's views are on eternal though, it seems to have really split opinions.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

crimsontadpoles

Just to add some more Subnautica thoughts, my level of enjoyment was very dependent on what part of the game I was at.

The early part, where the focus is just on finding food, water, and crafting some basic tools, wasn't really clicking with me. That may just because survival games aren't usually my thing.

Then there's the Sunbeam event, and afterwards things were much more interesting. There's the facility and a couple of islands to explore. Plus, entering the Aurora is more feasible now. This was my favourite part of the game, as there was always new discoveries just around the corner.

Then the game seemed to stall a bit as I was focusing on creating a small base, vehicles, and other useful base items. Plus I didn't know where I should be going here. At this point, new discoveries were becoming fewer and more minor, with more of a focus on finding new blueprints in the various wrecks.

Then everything improved again as I found my way in to the deeper biomes. Some of these were visually very distinct, plus it was more obvious where I needed to be exploring next.

Performance issues were hampering my fun towards the end though (played on a PS4 Slim). Pop-ins were the big one, and late on I was regularly pausing while waiting for the environment to load. Also there was the ever increasing load times, and occasional glitches requiring a reload.

Overall I liked the game, but I was enjoying it most whenever there was a new place that I wanted to explore.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, Iā€™m getting closer to the deeper biomes now, found a couple of abandoned bases and stuff. Iā€™m also just building up my little base for now, getting upgrades and stuff. I do like cooking fish as I stab them, itā€™s really useful.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Awesome deadlock-breaking. This'll give me a chance to enjoy the DOOM conversation, as it's a franchise I keep an eye on regardless, whilst shuffling my backlog so that I can play Mafia with you fine folks next month. Looking forward to it, please tag me when it's time!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger If in doubt, go by alphabetical order! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

ralphdibny

Woop, I'll start Doom Eternal tomorrow. Even though I'm very excited to finally play it, I'm sort of dreading it as well because I've heard the DLC is very hard. Can't be that hard though can it?! I always play on Normal difficulty!

I guess this is the final Doom game I'll be playing for a while too as I played the rest of them again (and a few of them like 64 and VFR for the first time) over the last year. I still haven't gone back and done the Final Doom megawads yet though so I guess I have that to return to! I also bought Doom 3 VR recently but I doubt I'll ever play it tbh. Doom 3 is really good but it's such a long game (itself but also with the DLC) that I'm not overly keen to play it again and especially not spending 26 hours in the VR headset.

I also assume the next sequel will be a crossover and it will be called Doom: Returnal and feature procedurally generated hellscape biomes šŸ˜Ž. Ok I'm going to bed šŸ˜…

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

I might join in for Mafia next month, I've borrowed it of my dad a couple of months back, so that will be a good excuse to for it up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

Just started Doom Eternal, I'm ripping and tearing.... on normal difficulty! Are others going to play it on hard mode or permadeath??

I'm struggling to remember the plot of Doom '16. I think I'm getting a lot of it mixed up with Doom 3. Not sure if they touch on a few similar points but in different ways. Was the big robot dude, I think his name was Dr Sam Hayden in Doom '16, Doom 3 or both? Also were there humans in Doom '16? There definitely were a few in Doom 3

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny The Doctor robot guy was in 2016. I canā€™t exactly remember much of the plot and I only played it a few months ago! Looking forward to starting Eternal, itā€™s all installed and ready to go.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett it's probably silly to even ask about the plot in a doom game šŸ˜… but I definitely remember there being one. That robot guy transferred his consciousness into that artificial body because his human body was dying or something. And you have an AI companion that also might have run the base and you have to shut it down or something

See ya!

TraCuz-

@ralphdibny Nightmare mode is where it's at

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

ralphdibny

@TraCuz- šŸ˜‚ nice!

I finished level 1, took my time about it and found all the collectibles. Might continue like this and eek this game out a bit since I paid good money to buy this deluxe edition (26.99 last november).

Just some stats for those who may be interested:
Main game - 13 levels
Ancient god's pt. 1 - 3 levels
AG pt. 2 - 4 levels

HLTB stats -
Main Story - 14 Hours
Main + Extras -18Ā½ Hours
Completionist - 24Ā½ Hours

Additional Content -------- Main - Main+ - 100%
The Ancient Gods - Part One - 5h - 7h --- 7h
The Ancient Gods - Part Two - 4h - 4h ---- 4h

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Haydn was in 2016.

The plot in Eternal is much more secondary than in 2016. I quite liked the amount of story in the first game but the vast majority of it in Eternal is hidden away in text logs which I could never be bothered to read.

Itā€™s worth noting that you can teleport back around the level once you reach the end (the game isnā€™t amazingly clear on this) so you can go back and pick up collectibles really easily; donā€™t feel you need to use a guide as you go through a level for the first time.

I played with the old school mode of having set lives which was quite cool but that locks you out of being able to use level select but playing the ā€œnormalā€ way means you canā€™t get the trophy for getting 20 lives. And progress doesnā€™t carry between the modes..

I also ended up playing most of the game on the lowest difficulty.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Iā€™ve beaten the first two levels now and I have to say, the graphics on the PS5 version are absolutely stunning. Especially the ray tracing, just donā€™t look for Doom Slayerā€™s dodgy reflection! The gameā€™s way way harder than Doom 2016 though, it feels like it could have been tacked on after that game and the difficulty progression wouldnā€™t be noticeable. Enjoying it so far but yeah, itā€™s brutal.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic