Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club: Bioshock 2

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 1,948

Diamond_Dog

Finished the story last night, ending felt a tad abrupt but I enjoyed the experience (eventually) some good action and a dose of twin peaks style oddness to proceedings.

The ashtray maze was an unexpected pleasure and the various altered items were interesting.

My only criticism is that it felt like it wanted to be more but could never quite reach the level Remedy were wanting, something is missing (or off) and I can’t put my finger on it.

Going to push on with the platinum I reckon.

Big thumbs up 👍

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

PSN: Bundersvessel

ralphdibny

@Keith_Zissou nice one mate! I definitely thought first ending was a tad abrupt but when the credits went all messed up I realised what was going on. Maybe they added that fake out because they knew the second ending would feel very abrupt without it? 😅

But yeah defo agree that it felt like the ambition for the scope of the title was way more than they were able to actually put in the game. It was good still though!

Edited on by ralphdibny

Th3solution

Enjoyed reading everyone’s experiences with Control which is one of my very favorite games from the last couple years and a joy to play on the PS5 where it runs so smoothly and looks so good. I’m really looking forward to the sequel.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

KilloWertz

What @Th3solution said.

Control was my 2019 Game of the Year and a rare game I've played multiple times, with a third playthrough happening at some point whenever I actually play the Ultimate Edition on PS5. It didn't click with me right away and I gave up on it, but I restarted it to give it a second chance and obviously the rest is history. I'm glad it was a pretty successful choice for the Game Club.

Maybe someday I'll actually participate.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Ah, man you gotta play the Ultimate Edition. Whether playing at 60fps or with the awesome ray tracing, either way it’s phenomenal to behold.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

render

@Th3solution Yeah it's been good to see that others enjoy this game as much as I do and that some that were unsure about it initially went on to like it too.

It's Remedy's best game to date by far and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it with a sequel or any other games in the Remedy universe.

render

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Don't worry, I will. I planned to already, but it kept getting pushed back. A side effect of playing on multiple consoles, but I plan on playing on my PS5 for the majority of the year, so I'll get to it at some point after Horizon Forbidden West.

I did play it for maybe a hour several months ago just to see what it looked and ran like. I was extremely pleased with what I saw, which was in the ray tracing mode. I don't mind the 30 FPS with Control since I've already beaten twice at that frame rate. I like 60 FPS in most games, and did play it for a few minutes like that, but it felt off to me since I had played it twice already in 30, and I thought the lighting looked too good to sacrifice it for the extra frame rate.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

ralphdibny

I finished the Alan Wake DLC earlier. It was nice even though I can't remember Hartman at all from Alan Wake. I remember there was a doctor but I don't remember him looking like that 😅. Looking at some pics on one of the boards reminded me of more stuff in Alan Wake. I had kind of forgotten all the stuff in town and only remembered the lake and the mental hospital. Nice tease for the new Alan Wake game too.

Then I decided to mop up trophies. I wish I didn't. The cat one was so tedious. I literally have no idea how you could even know it was a thing without using a guide. I used a guide to mop up some other Foundation trophies. The AWE trophies look slightly less tedious but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Diamond_Dog

@ralphdibny Good effort on the DLC mate, sounded like it was a tad arduous? Almost done with Hartman I think, Not entirely sure I’ve got the appetite for 100% though, the completionist in me will nag me on. Similar experiences with the Alan Wake story, it’s been so long I barely remember a thing. What’s next for you?

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

Diamond_Dog

@ralphdibny Finished up the AWE story content this morning, definitely going to have to read the collectibles to make sense of it all. Had a look at the vending machine trophy, the bloody things never spawn, I’ve had one so far and it got away 🙄

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

render

@Keith_Zissou Vending Spree was the one that glitched on me. I shot one in the abandoned offices and it managed to get away and then I never saw another one again even though each time I played I'd shoot at every vending machine I saw. I looked around and others reported the same problem and suggested resetting the save to the endgame to fix it. I tried that and within 10 minutes of fast travelling to each of the vending machine locations I'd got the trophy. Might be worth a try but only do it once you've finished everything else as you might loose some DLC progress that way.

Edit: found the page I got the tip from... https://www.reddit.com/r/controlgame/comments/liw8th/vending_...

Edited on by render

render

Diamond_Dog

@render Oh nice one, if I’m still having issues I’ll have a look at this workaround. Ta mate 👍

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

ralphdibny

@Keith_Zissou nice one! I didn't want to nuke my save for the trophy so I kept looking. After you've cycled through and checked the vending machines, getting killed by the Hiss and respawning can help trigger them. Sometimes it works and sometimes I got nothing. I literally did think my game was glitched too when none of them became possessed during my first half hour. Eventually one did pop though doing the "getting killed by Hiss" method.

It was the same for me though, so close to 100%ing the trophies made me persevere with it!

Yesterday I played through Mirrors Edge in its entirety for the Pure Xbox game club. It's not a great game but a short sweet pallet cleanser after the 1.5 month saga that was Control.

I've still got Halo Infinite on the go. And I am really hoping to start Yakuza 4 sooner rather than later. How about yourself? What's next in your pipeline?

render

@ralphdibny @Keith_Zissou If you’ve got PS+ then you could always turn off auto sync on the cloud save just for Control. Then you can manually sync it before you reset your save to end game, get the trophy and then just manually download your save from the cloud followed by turning auto sync back on.

render

Diamond_Dog

@ralphdibny @render Got it in the end, I had to quit and reload each time but it seemed to do the trick and I got 3 on the bounce. The airborne ranger trophy was tedious, ended up farming it in the Schüm arcade machine on the challenge mode. 100% on AWE. Was going to swerve foundation for a bit of a break but decided I couldn’t walk away with it unfinished.

Ralph, I’ve got Wolf Among Us to finish up, and was planning to play Old Man’s Journey before settling into Mass Effect by the end of the month, having decided to play the whole thing instead of just 3 as initially planned. That’s my provisional plan at the moment. I’ve heard great things about Yakuza, hope you have fun with it mate 👍

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

ralphdibny

@Keith_Zissou brilliant stuff. I did the same schum game for the airborne rangers but I only had to beat about 6 of them to reach the target. That was my final trophy too and I ended up leaving that game of schum incomplete. I started reading/listening to the collectibles. Initially all of them but as boredom set in, select ones only and then as sleep set in (bearing in mind this was the middle of the day), just the Alan Wake ones but as my patience run out, I just gave up 😂.

It turned out well that we both sort of left these last bits to the back end of this month's(?) Game club. Definitely helped to motivate me get it over the line having somebody else in a similar spot to me!

I need to play Wolf Among Us at some point. It comes highly recommended and considering I've played some amazing Telltale games (such as the Walking Dead), I can only assume that Wolf Among Us lives up to that standard.

I'm thinking of having a dip into the Mass Effect world now that the remakes/masters are now on Game Pass. I've never played them before but I hear they are very good, especially for a Trekkie like myself. Absolutely gota do Yakuza first though, they got added last year so I suspect they will be delisted in the coming months and of course they are quite long so yeah, gotta get on it really!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It’s been a bit over a month but I wanted people to play the DLC as well since they’re included in the version most people have!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

render

@ralphdibny I've just started playing ME1 as I bought ME:LE in the sale. It's great so far and has a good mix of action and exploration. There's a fair bit of dialog / reading but it's really good at building the universe. I've been playing it at a pretty slow rate so far due to not having much time in the evenings but I've managed to make some good progress in that time.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic