Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,131

nessisonett

I did a genocide run of Sapienza. I feel like a right psycho. It was mostly unintentional as I got caught and somehow managed to shoot my way out of it to the point where there really weren’t many guards left and I hadn’t gone for that before. Ironically, I managed to complete a challenge that bumped me to mastery level 20. Which is pretty funny given that run gave me minus 1.4 million points for killing non-targets.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett That's what I love about Hitman. Anything's possible, but it will totally berate you for being a complete monster. If you go "off the deep end" at any point, you're told in no uncertain terms that you're absolutely playing it wrong (unlike other notable games, which reward such atrocities).

Sapienza is one of the toughest to genocide, apparently. I wouldn't know, as I once got caught (in Paris, I think) and, like you, figured I'd use my frustration to try it out. Guards were one thing, but when a crying civilian got caught in the crossfire, specifically my crossfire, I felt utterly awful. Quit the game.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger what does it say to you? I know there’s a small points penalty for non-targets killed, but I’ve done play genocides before dying, but over never really had anything any notable messages aside from a the small penalty each time.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Well, between the big red "NON-TARGET KILLED" that flashes up every time and the humiliation of a one-star or zero-star rating, I thought the message was pretty clear.

That's the beauty of it. The devs won't stop you, but they'll rob you of anything to be proud of.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Yeah, I saw people complaining that there’s no in-game counter to keep track of how many NPCs you’d still have to kill but that would just turn the game into mass-murder simulator.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Back in Blood Money (and some of the games before it, I think) the map kept track of every single NPC and whether they were alive or dead. I run (or ran, I suppose... sad times) the PS4 Community for the Blood Money remaster, and have had a couple of folks posting up screencaps of their maps filled with nothing but dead NPCs, often accompanied with a boast. I get it, and I'm not out to condemn those who are safely scratching that itch in a virtual world, but it's still a little grim.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Oh wow, I totally forgot Blood Money has a PS4 remaster. I still regularly play that game on PC and I think it might actually be the first game I owned on Steam. Mad to think it turns 15 next month!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Don't remind me. God, I'm old!

It's a really nice remaster, handled in-house by IO Interactive to generate some extra revenue when they went independent. Comes with Absolution as well, and both run in 4K.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger What’s Absolution? I’ve never heard of that one 👀

Jaz007

@RogerRoger @nessisonett Some games have dialogue and such, I agree that it's enough. You want to be a professional Hitman, and not kill everything in your path generally. I think it would be cool to have it keep track of how many NPCs you've killed, or perhaps instead of a custom contract, getting rid of so many NPCs, maybe without getting caught. Whenever my I'm gonna need to reload a save, I tend to go on a shooting/stabbing spree for fun before getting killed by guards and reloading to continue playing the level properly. Makes having to reload less frustrating lol.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I played Absolution once back when it released. Played Blood Money for the millionth time immediately afterwards! There was a couple of good levels though, the Chinatown one and the gun shop.

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 There might be (and it's a big "might" because I generally don't go looking at such stats) a detailed score breakdown behind your end-of-level results screen, and that might list the number of NPCs you killed during your run. I know it's not a live tally, but it shows that they're tracking it, at least.

@nessisonett Figured as much! I'm a strong defender of Absolution. It isn't the greatest game in the series, but it also isn't the worst, and a lot of its fresh ideas and innovations have been enshrined in the World of Assassination trilogy. It's just a shame that, when IO Interactive said "let's focus on story this time", they didn't write a worthy tale. Great cast, but poor dialogue. Ah well.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

It’s time to move onto Marrakesh now! Probably not one of my favourite maps so it should be interesting to see if I enjoy it more this time round. Two targets like the previous two maps, this time across a larger area with a whole lot more NPCs and some of the more fun outfits. Good luck everyone!

RogerRoger

I found myself in Marrakesh earlier, after having restarted the entire trilogy via Hitman III and opted not to transfer my previous progress. This has rendered me without a lockpick until I've earned five Silent Assassin ratings, so I felt a little naked, as I rely on that tool more than I realised.

Can't wait to see what people make of the map. I adore it; so vibrant and fractured.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I couldn’t imagine not having a lockpick! Probably a bit less useful in Marrakesh than some other maps but still, such a useful tool to have.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I know, right? I actually thought it was a glitch but no, apparently you've got to unlock a lockpick (ah, the irony) if you start over from scratch.

But you're right, Marrakesh is easy without one. Bangkok...? Well, let's not leap ahead.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Oof, let’s hope you have a lockpick by then!

R1spam

I have to say having been to both the Italian riveria and Marrakesh in the olden days (you know, when you could not only leave your house but leave your country), it has been lovely to see representations of these places in a game. Marrakesh in particular, is a place my wife and I have really fond memories of. IOI have really nailed the feel and bustle. On my first couple of runs, my scores have been awful though, finding the embassy tricky.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...yep, it's the fifth level in sequence, including the IKEA Training Facility. So I won't.

Nuts. Might just do a coconut-only genocide run out of the gate, and come back to play it properly later. I highly doubt I'll be able to Silent Assassin that level without my trusty lockpick!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic