Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,131

Kidfried

@Th3solution Sapienza is one of the best maps in Hitman, so take your time and you'll grow to love it.

Also, now we know you value a silver trophy above the life of innocents!

Kidfried

ralphdibny

@Th3solution ahh cool, I never even met the sheik in Paris. I'm trying to think, I did take the role of somebody. I took the role of that white hatted weirdo in the training level actually and also the engineer in the second training level but that is way less unique.

See ya!

Th3solution

@Kidfried Lol, they died with honor for my virtual trinket. May their names be ever etched on the walls of the fallen heroes.

@ralphdibny Oh yeah, he only pops up briefly in his room amd then goes straight to the auction, then your opportunity is lost; it was really great being the sheik (I forget his name) because everyone greets you with deferential respect and you pretty much have open access to all the levels of the mansion without having to be frisked. It made running around much simpler. There was a couple places they didn’t allow him, like that dark AV center at the top, so I had to sneak around up there, but going up and down the stairs as often as I wanted was nice. Having sequential gatekeepers with different required identities was definitely the most difficult part of the map and I’m sure it will be a recurring theme through the game. So it’s nice to find one identity that meets several criteria. Being Helmut Krueger was also nice that way.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I know we’re onto Sapienza now but one more thing about Paris: There’s a guest smoking out past the party section who’s holding an IAGO invitation. If you knock him out and steal it then you can enter the auction after a simple frisk!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Yeah, I kinda hate Sapienza... I mean, I don't (it's amazing and gorgeous and clever and intricate) but every single time I play the "World of Tomorrow" assignment, I end up experiencing more frustration than fun, and I think I know why. Don't click the spoilers if you haven't played it yet!

It's the virus. I think I've mentioned this before to some fellow forum folk, but I find it a needlessly annoying side quest in an otherwise beautiful hit. I can perfectly execute my two assassination assignments, but then always having to infiltrate the underground laboratory is a drag. No matter how quickly you manage to tidy up down there, it's a diversion, and it removes a lot of the freedom found in the other locations (for example, because I invariably leave destroying the virus 'til last, I almost always escape using the conveniently-placed seaplane, and it's just boring after a while).

As a result, despite being one of the biggest and most popular levels in the entire trilogy, it's the one I think I've played the least. Gave it another shot earlier, from the default starting position with my preferred default loadout, and this was the best score I could manage. I totally followed some Mission Stories because it would've taken me hours to remember every possible approach!

Maybe I'm being unfairly salty. It'll be fascinating to see what others make of it, considering we're all at various levels of familiarity with the game and its mechanics. Best of luck, everybody!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I know what you mean about Sapienza. Never been a fan of the other objectives. The setting’s lovely though and I did find some interesting ways to destroy the virus, like dropping a stalactite on the lab

mookysam

Hooray, just finished the Origins levels in Rayman Legends and got all 700 Lums! A month late, but I'm glad to finally have it wrapped up. I'll probably carry on doing the daily challenges to get the last awesomeness level.

@RogerRoger I found the lab tricky for a while, but once I figured out the best route (via the cliff near the ruins) getting access was much quicker. The trickier issue is destroying the virus itself, and getting there always feels like a bit of an afterthought. I love the plane exit though so getting to the cave is worth it for that. 😁 The wonder of the game is in discovering all these things, so I figure it's perfectly okay to score terribly on the first handful of attempts while learning the layout and best assassination methods. Sapienza's a brilliant location, but I think my favourite level in the first game is Hokkaido. It's small but very intricately crafted. I found every level pretty enjoyable, even the much maligned Colorado. Unfortunately I'll always associate Bangkok with falling ill and then ending up in hospital, so I'm not sure I want to play through that location again. I feel panicky just thinking about it.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

R1spam

@mookysam spoilers ahead for others if you haven't played sapienza, beware! have you had any luck when destroying the virus about doing it unnoticed? There is always a technician who spots me who I have to beat up in the tunnel before changing back into lab tech gear. Agree with you about the plane, even better than the helicopter in Paris

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

ralphdibny

Just finished the game as I wanted to play through it fully before revisiting episodes, also I'm a bit worried I won't have time to play much in the coming weeks as my schedule has just got a bit busier.

I don't think there is any spoilers in what I'm about to say. The smoothest a mission has gone for me so far is in level 5, I managed to do lots of opportunities but I fudged it up at the end and basically had to resort to cover shooting witnesses with a shotgun. Same with the final level 😂, I end up mowing down most of the NPCs!

Edit: I just did the first Sarajevo 6 mission in Paris and totally got a score of 40 thousand and something and a single hitman logo 😎. I did the target with a screw driver through a closed door 😅. Lock on before the door closes and the throwable item goes right through it!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

mookysam

@R1spam Yep, I got Silent Assassin on each level. I don't remember exactly what I did in Sapienza. Yeah, the scientists/technicians are annoying and I had to beat a lot up on my first few attempts! The quickest and most painless way to destroy it is by uploading the computer virus to a laptop on a trailer roof inside the cave. Getting there's relatively easy by entering via the cliff and keeping to the left as it's much more difficult to enter unseen via the house. There's also a lone scientist near the laptop that is easy to knock out and then strip. If you don't have the USB stick for the laptop then you can enter the lab itself by skirting round the right edge of the cave and distracting the scientist that will see through your disguise. The scientists inside are actually pretty easy to distract by causing various bits of mischief but you only have a very small window to destroy the virus.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

Haven’t had much time this week and not sure when I will, but I did off the first target in Sapienza pretty easily. poisoned the golf instructor boyfriend, took his identity and waited for the lady to come to her room for a romantic interlude and ...surprise!... here to assassinate you instead! The funny thing though was gratefully I stashed the body in the bathroom closet right away because pretty quickly one of her bodyguards just walked right in the room looking for her. What if we had actually been having legitimate romance “snuggle time”!?! No privacy for such things apparently! So rude 😛

But I haven’t had time to get the second target but I did get to take over the identity of his shrink, so it’s only a matter of time. Get him onto the therapist couch and it’ll be lights out.

Anyways, I’m enjoying doing the opportunities rather than trying to make my own way. For a newbie like me to the series it’s much more fun to have a little guidance. Thanks to all who have suggested it.

And PSA — Hitman 2 and 3 are on discount this month on the new sale. I’m almost ready to invest in more of the series based on the good impressions so far. We’ll see. Hitman 3 is still $45 which is a great price for a high quality new PS5 compatible game, but might be higher than what I want to pay right now since I’ve got tons of Hitman 1 to keep me busy. Hitman 2 is down to $12 though, which might be too good to pass up. The fact that it’s included in the sale means it’s most certainly not going to be a PS Plus game this month, so my dreams are dashed.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Just remember that you can play your Hitman 1 levels through Hitman 3!

Th3solution

@nessisonett I almost hate to ask (because my ignorant frequent questions about how PS5 upgrades work is surely growing old now) ... but I will anyway — If I play Hitman 1 (and 2?) levels within the PS5 version of Hitman 3, are there PS5 upgrades to the older content? I would guess not (other than the usual faster load times and such). It’s not a huge deal, but at the prospect of having a PS5, I’m curious to squeeze out as many truly next gen gaming experiences as possible, when they are available.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Yeah, there’s a noticeable improvement to the levels. They’re not just ported versions of the levels, they’re recreated in the improved engine Hitman 3 runs in. So the PS5 versions of Paris and Sapienza look incredible.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Cool. I might have a lead on a PS5 so I’ve been particularly interested in these things in case it works out.

R1spam

Would agree that the levels look nicer in ps5, and I played Paris and sapienza in the hitman 2 demo, not even the original game. Just saw the dlc for 2 is on for £6.50, has anyone played it? Are those locations good?
@Th3solution, I've been mainly following the mission stories too but am wondering how much scope for freeform opportunities that are similar in style? I keep wondering if there is a chance to get the golf instructor to give Caruso a lesson after you get rid of the other target and get him with the golf club 🤔

Edited on by R1spam

nessisonett

@R1spam Yeah, my younger brother says New York and Haven Island and two of the best levels in the trilogy so that’s definitely worth it. I haven’t played the levels yet other than a bit of Haven Island in VR!

R1spam

@nessisonett hard to resist at that price, given one was a plus game, 2 was a tenner out of cex (which I then sold back to them for a 6 quid voucher) and I got 3 for 40 quid for jd Hughes (I signed up everywhere in the hunt for a ps5 😂). I kinda feel like I owe IO!

RogerRoger

@R1spam I'll second the recommendation for the New York and Haven Island DLC levels. I played them at launch and was blown away by the latter in particular, but they're both excellent. You'll also get two extra maps for the Sniper Assassin mode, namely Singapore and Siberia; these are fun little diversions and, again, the latter is the pinnacle of what can probably be achieved within constraints of a fixed perspective.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Th3solution Yeah, they retro improvement is great. Everything in Hitman 3 is backward compatible. And proves made through Hitman 2 can be carried over, but you’ll lose any Rogers made in Hitman 1 (played through Hitman 1) sadly. Between the PS5 enhancements and the VR for all the levels, it’s some of the most phenomenal support for past games I’ve seen.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic