Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,131

RogerRoger

@R1spam Top tip for the embassy: do it second, after tracking down Zaydan. If you're able to obtain a uniform with a red beret when you visit the school, it'll grant you more or less complete freedom to explore if you wear it inside the embassy. Useful for initial reconnaissance, if nothing else.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I finished a run of Marrakesh there. Poisoned Zaydan and garrotted Strandberg as the intern. Fairly simple stuff to be honest, might go back and get Silent Assassin Suit Only with a similar route.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Got Silent Assassin Suit Only in Marrakesh! Poisoned Zaydan again but this time infiltrated the consulate through the garage and managed to find Strandberg with a single guard who I bopped with a wrench then chucked Strandberg off a balcony.

That got me a score of 162,927!

Edited on by nessisonett

nessisonett

Sniper Assassin there too! Evacuated Strandberg to the school, shot them both in the schoolyard. Might as well try to get mastery level 20 now.

Kidfried

@nessisonett those last two posts almost make it sound like you're a real life serial killer!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I probably should refrain from using the words ‘sniper rifle’ and ‘schoolyard’ in the same sentence 😅

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Impressive accomplishments there but yes, I share Kid's concern. Maybe take a break, watch some cartoons, play a LEGO game or something!

I've got the fancy pre-order suits now. Can't wait to re-complete all my Suit Only runs in the red one.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Apparently Reza Zaydan, one of the targets in Marrakesh, is voiced by Jason Isaacs. Lucius Malfoy himself! I had no idea 😂

Th3solution

Running a little behind due to PS5 escapades, but finally completed Sapienza with score of 89,095 and a 3 star rating. I’m fairly happy with that.

On to Marrakesh.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett No way, for reals?! Never would've recognised him!

@Th3solution That's a solid score for such a sprawling level. Am I right in saying that three stars is your best rating yet? Are the general mechanics starting to gel a little better?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yes, 3 stars is my best so far. I think the level being so large and having so many opportunities to get some extra achievements helped to pad the score. And I was able to avoid killing any innocents and never got to the point of being “hunted.”

The mechanics are becoming slightly easier. I’m trying to spam the coins and in only get occasional success. I am learning to use other sound distractions though, which seem to work better - like turning on a TV or a generator to get a guard to walk over and check it out. I need to be looking for more of those opportunities i think.

So far Marrakesh is tough. I spent an hour last night trying to isolate one of the masked poster hangers so I could take his place for the printing press opportunity, but I was having a really hard time because every street and alleyway is populated with onlookers. Not sure how to get him alone.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Nicely done! So you were never hunted (awesome) but you might've raised somebody's fleeting suspicions, or left behind an unconscious witness somewhere.

And I know what you mean. Fixed distractions are always my preference, because then you know exactly where the investigative NPC is gonna go, and it's easier to get the drop on them. I've thrown many a coin and had it backfire, or not thrown it far enough, or even out of sight. Speaking of which, I know exactly what you're going through with that particular opportunity in Marrakesh. It's the same one I did first, and I spent roughly the same amount of time wondering how to engineer a perfect solution. Can't recall what I did, but I'm pretty sure it involved all my coins.

If you're finding it frustrating, restart the level and, from your starting point, walk left instead of right.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

It’s Sunday (yes I forgot) therefore it’s time to move onto Bangkok! You know the drill by now, 2 targets like the rest but this time in a hotel. Quick word of warning, IF YOU HAVE A LOCKPICK THEN BRING ONE!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, so about that lockpick...

Oh, but before we move on, I forgot to post my Marrakesh score. Here it is. For the record, I used the old caretaker's key to gain access to the school, then pretended to be the prisoner in order to kill General Zaydan. Using one of the elite uniforms I obtained in the course of this Mission Story, I gained unfettered access to the embassy, and then set about adopting the identity of the masseuse. A short back-rub and an even shorter neck-snap later, and Claus Strandberg was dead.

So anyway, the lockpick. I managed to clear Bangkok without one, but forgot to capture my end-of-level score, so you'll just have to trust that I managed to earn Silent Assassin (although frankly, I don't even believe that I did it, and I was holding the freakin' controller). It's doable, but it's needlessly difficult and insanely risky, so absolutely do take a lockpick if you have one.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Kudos to you for getting Silent Assassin without a lockpick. I honestly didn’t think it was possible.

Mr_B021

@nessisonett Great! I finished most of the mission stories and challenges in Marrakesh, but was a bit disappointed with the level design. It felt much less colourful than Sapienza and Paris and the embassy interior was just plain dull. It didn’t nearly encourage exploration as much as the other levels so far. It also seemed much more difficult to get a decent score. Let’s hope that Bangkok is better.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 I did enjoy Marrakesh a bit more revisiting it but yeah, it isn’t one of my favourite levels. Bangkok is pretty fun though as it’s one big enclosed location!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks; me neither. Here's how I did it, for anybody curious.

Checked in as Tobias Rieper and got shown to my room. Called for room service and incapacitated the two staff members who showed up. Disguised as one, I was able to track and complete the Mission Story concerning the mysterious letter which draws Ken Morgan to the basement (avoiding more than a few enforcers along the way). Once I'd killed Morgan and stashed his body, I was able to obtain a security guard's uniform from the corridor outside. I then hung around outside the security office upstairs, waiting to tailgate a wandering guard through its locked door. Once inside, I not only deleted the CCTV footage, but also snatched the hotel's Master Keycard from the table. With that, and with my security disguise, tracking the drummer's Mission Story to kill Jordan Cross was child's play.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Ooh, the Master Keycard was a godsend then, I take it?

RogerRoger

@nessisonett If you're in the area, it's definitely worth picking up. Since openly using a lockpick can and will raise suspicion, I reckon I'll definitely go back and snag it when following the other Mission Stories, particularly the ones which require entering various guests' rooms.

That being said, it's so indescribably comforting to have a lockpick in my inventory again!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic