Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 601 to 620 of 729

nessisonett

@Thrillho Wow, it’s like they’ve specifically engineered that tweet to appeal directly to me. That’s three of my favourite series 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I hate those duck things, but then I also hated Funko Pops a while back, and... [glances over at shelf creaking under the weight of many, many Funko Pops] ...yeah, I'll probably end up owning the Ryo one at some point in the future. If only because it makes slightly more sense for a bathtub duck to develop an unhealthy obsession with finding sailors.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I know they're not technically from the Mass Effect game that I'm currently playing but, the other day, I saw these lil' guys on Amazon and couldn't resist.

Untitled

Untitled

Need to find some space for 'em whilst I play. I also got some from Miles Morales, but I definitely don't have any display space for them yet, so they'll have to stay put for now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

always wanted the Gears of War Lancer gun if that counts .

nomither6

RogerRoger

@OrigamiCrane Yeah, whilst I've grown accustomed to Funko Pop human faces, they're undoubtedly at their best when adapting masks, helmets, robots and / or alien faces. Most of mine are Star Wars characters or superheroes who work better than just "man in suit" folks, although they've gotten much better over the years, and manage to inject a lot of personality into some of the newer ones regardless.

Didn't know they'd done a Leon! Will check him out when next having a browse, as I reckon he could be pretty cool. Am sure it's only a matter of time before Funko land the Final Fantasy licence; they've got the rights to pretty much everything else! It's crazy!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I quite like the look of this. Price is not too shabby either.

Untitled
Untitled

A Diamond Select Toys release! Swinging out of his hit video game, Miles Morales prepares to hurl a Venom Blast at his opponent in this all-new Gallery Diorama! Based on the game’s costume design, Miles leaps over one blast as he charges up another in this sculpture made of high-grade PVC, and featuring translucent materials that catch the light. With detailed sculpting and paint applications, it comes packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Caesar, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios.

https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-miles-morales-statue-...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@OrigamiCrane Oh blimey, yeah. I have a friend who's a huge FFVII fan, and he keeps showing me all this insanely expensive merch that he's pining for. At least, with a Funko Pop, you know you're not gonna be breaking the bank right out of the gate!

@JohnnyShoulder Sweet statue, and even sweeter price, you're right. Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Looks like Prime One is going all in on Sony licenses which is cool if I win the lottery. The new armour Kratos is stunning.

Gaming stuff about the 1:28:00 mark.

@RogerRoger might want to see the 2:00:00 stuff

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Oh man... my poor wallet...

I might hold out 'til they get around to Batman & Robin, but thanks all the same!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Not strictly gaming related, but I got my first PVC figure, Nami from One Piece (I've played some of the games though, so I guess it counts), which I bought on AmiAmi.

Untitled
Untitled

It's a bit smaller than I was expecting, as you can see stacked up against a plastic figure I already had (I'll just link this, since the the other figure has her in a bikini, and while it's not that salacious compared to what's out there, it may be considered NSFW). It was more affordably priced though (compared to other PVC's), which is probably why.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2b5JTGWUAcDhPF?format=jpg&na...

Also, here's a Super Sayain 3 Goku (plastic) I got months ago but haven't yet posted.

Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Nice figures! Anime translates well into 3D sculptures with the right manufacturer. I've got a small handful of Naruto figures which vary from "passable" to "great" so I'd say you've done well there!

Yesterday I did some shelf-shuffling and unboxed some stuff which had been stacked in a corner. Not all of it was gaming-related (mostly Star Wars Black Series figures) but I did finally manage to crack open my Miles Morales Funko Pops and find a home for them.

Untitled

I also got this Dr. Eggman (Classic) from Eaglemoss. Bit of a risk, but he turned out okay!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, thanks! I'll admit I never got the appeal of Funko Pops, but that Eggman/Robotnik looks pretty cool!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice Spidey collection! That was next on my list but I'll have to have another look, as it has been awhile and there is probably more to choose from these days.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@RR529 I hated Funko Pops for a long while, but they've vastly improved over the years. I still limit which ones I get (they have to "work" and, as a result, most of my Pops are characters who wear masks or helmets) but I do understand the hesitance. And he does, doesn't he? One of my few bits of Classic Sonic merchandise, but then I always liked Eggman's design, regardless of era!

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! Yeah, they've done Pops of almost every Miles Morales suit; those four were just the ones I thought worked best. I've also ordered one of him in his standard suit, but it's on back-order for a couple months, it being the most popular. I'll post a picture when he arrives!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I had no idea Nadji Jeter was the face of Miles, as well as the voice! Given the whole Peter Parker situation, I figured they used separate models for facial capture. My word, somebody sign him to star as a live-action Miles in the MCU, right now!!

Oh, and just to keep things on-topic, awesome figures!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Found somebody on eBay selling the collector's edition of an old Naruto game I wanted anyway, for a fraction of what others were. Since it was only a little more than the new and sealed copies of the standard game I could see elsewhere, I went for it. The DLC codes expired back in 2019, but they were only for extra costumes, so they're no great loss.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Wow that’s very very cool. Love the steelbook with the picture of Team Minato!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks! Yeah, whilst the little statue turned out better than I'd expected (was thinking he'd stay in a cupboard somewhere, but I've got him on my desk now) the steelbook is definitely the highlight of the whole package. I really want it out on somewhere, because it's a really nice design.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic