Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 621 to 640 of 729

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore @Keith_Zissou I moved our conversation here so as not to derail the other thread too much.

There is no shame in hanging up gaming merch and stuff. I've framed a couple of magazine covers and hung them up on my bedroom wall. Think I've got Bloodborne, The Last Guardian and Dark Souls 3, along with a few other gaming related framed posters and stuff.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Okay, I haven't brought it up here yet as it's a very risque design & I figured there'd be limited interest here (no nudity, but click on the links at your own discretion), but a couple months ago I bought This Nami (One Piece) figure.

Why am I bringing this up now, you ask? Well you see I've always kind of hidden my anime/manga interest (outside of super mainstream stuff like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and a bit of DBZ) from my wider family (no specific reasons why, I just felt really nervous about it), and about a few weeks ago my parents went into my room where I have my figures displayed (I usually tend to put them up if I think anyone's going to come in, but this was a surprise) to plug something in to my power strip.

I was totally expecting to at least get a bit of a ribbing from my dad over them, but lo & behold not a word has been said. Of course this likely means that they simply don't give a darn (which logically makes sense, since I'm an adult), and while I know it's the most "first world problem" scenario imaginable, as it's a part of me I've been hiding for so long that it kinda feels good to partially have it out in the open now, and if they're not going to react to THAT, I don't think they're going to react to much of anything.

Since I posted it anyways, here are two still in the box.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9E7eXxWUAE3MsT?format=jpg&na...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9E7l8aXMAIbIM_?format=jpg&na...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Great story. I've essentially had to ban my family from my apartment because, the last time one of them came over, I got a bunch of "Haven't you grown up and moved past this yet?" comments about my shelves full of LEGO and nerd stuff. Whilst I don't have anything as risqué as the model you're discussing, I can completely understand how relieved and liberated you must feel right now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm moving shortly and I'm debating on whether or not to have a display for all my geeky stuff like Funko Pops, graphic novels and wall hangings in the lounge, or have them relegated to the bedroom up stairs!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Put them wherever they look best! Heck, when I ran out of space, I cleared away a bunch of pots and pans from a shelf in the kitchen and replaced them with LEGO. I've drawn a line at the bathroom door but otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, any flat surface is fair game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Or wherever little nephews and nieces hands can't get hold of em!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, yes, of course. Another good reason for banning people from my apartment. The bedroom upstairs it is, then! With a lock on the door!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I'm packing up some stuff, so I thought I'd share photos of some of the gaming tat I've had hanging on my walls.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Very nice! Shame you're having to pack it all away. I particularly like that Fallout 4 artwork (out of all the "character standing in front of impressive landscape" artwork you've managed to collect there, it's my favourite). I vaguely recognise that wolf's head; what's it from?

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too long before they are up again in my new place.

The wolf head is from The Witcher 3, and is a bit smaller than I'd thought it be, but still neat nonetheless.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Fingers crossed and bingo, that was it! Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Got my 30th Anniversary Sonic the Hedgehog statue from Numskull and honestly, whilst it's a bit of a downgrade from its promo images, I'm still happy with it as a piece of brightly-coloured desk clutter.

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice! That is bright and colourful! Have you received Sonic Colours Ultimate yet?

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I have, thanks. Been playing it since Sunday. Haven't quite decided whether it was worth the eleven-year wait yet, but I'll keep plugging away at it 'til an opinion forms! Reckon you'd be interested in it at some point, perhaps?

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Maybe, but it would have to in a sale or something. I have seen a couple of trailers and it looked quite cool, but I didn't really get on when I played Sonic Mania.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Wise choice. I'd definitely recommend waiting for a discount, or its inevitable inclusion as part of PS Plus or something. Which tells you everything you need to know about the game, really, especially considering that it's already a budget release!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Ooooh. EDIT. Just seen the price. Blimey. 🤯

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RR529

InuYasha doesn't get the kind of constant merchandise something like Dragon Ball, One Piece, or Evangelion gets, so whenever a figure range was announced (and a pretty affordable one at that, as they're each around $40) I knew I had to pre-order something.

Untitled

So I went ahead and ordered Kagome, & I have to say I'm pretty happy with it, especially for the price. It's a Pop Up Parade! brand figure, and it seems more solidly built than the Figure Arts Zero Nami I have (another figure in the same price range), which is very fragile. I'll definitely be looking to get a couple more of the InuYasha figures if I can, and it also looks like they've made some Okami & Rurouni Kenshin stuff too which is worth looking into.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Always nice when a pre-order works out so well. I've never heard of the brand but you're right, in that kind of price range, quality can be extremely variable. I recently got some Naruto stuff and was impressed with a couple of Banpresto Grandista figures, especially in comparison to others.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Finally got a hold of the second Lara Croft figure in the Totaku range. I think they've stopped releasing new waves now, which is a shame as they're quality little things, and nice ways of owning some of gaming's more obscure characters, or ones that'd otherwise only be available in £470 statue form.

Untitled

The new one's on the right. Lara from Shadow of the Tomb Raider has been around for years. Speaking of that game, I also picked up one of its novelty mugs, which turned out quite nicely.

Untitled

Awkward as heck to drink from, though. There's a reason mugs are round!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic