Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane some of his decedents formed the Shinra Electric Power Company so yes Rufus is a direct decedent of Shinra from FFX

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane it does make 7 and 10 kind of unique though as they are the ONLY main number FF games that take place in the same universe

(and before any one brings up 13 and 15 they share common themes but not a universe)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

hey just a thought but does anyone use Final Fantasy Wallpapers, if so i would love to see them

here is my current one

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Jaz007

I just started playing FFXV after not having played a video game for two years. It's so beautiful, I love the combat system and the bro-frest is freaking awesome. I love main party of characters. I love even riding the car (woo woo when the music started playing). I'm really excited to play more of it.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 OK that one is awesome

i'm stealing that

@Jaz007 FFXV is a great game that has only got better since it's release but some will tell you it's not but then again the only opinion you should really care about is yours and if your happy then all the power to you

Nei

@Jaz007 XV is such a good game, often underestimated (even if it got good reviews and sales)...Best modern FF, leagues more enjoyable than 12 and 13

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo Great!

@Jaz007 @FullbringIchigo @Feena I think we all agree FF15 is as great as it could be with the series detours post ff10. Theres loads of secrets, its fun and time flies by. For me its one of the best games Ive played and it even has / had pretty alarming issues. Even still its right up there.

For ff16 if they can nail a fully coherent story with the engine optimized a tad more, throw some girls in the squad, a better gf system and work on the side missions the game would be perfect.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

Okay, I think we can all agree that the summons in FFXV are the coolest things in the world? I was honestly amazed at how cool the first one was. They’re honestly jaw-dropping. This is a cool game.

Jaz007

Nei

@Jaz007 They are! Not a big fan of their actual implementation in the game but they look awesome. And it IS a cool game. I will never get over how such an ambitious game is portraited sometimes and how people champion the super-safe, formulaic P5 (as entertaining as it was) as jrpg done right.

This is a very nice piece written by someone who's not completely tone deaf about the interesting (and now expired) FFXV Assassin's Creed Festival. https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-s-fascinating-assassin-s-...

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

so has anyone checked out the Royal Pack/Royal Edition extra content, it completely changed the endgame and for the better i think

Nei

I have just got the armiger unleashed and replayed the last chapter and I must say I am totally blown away.
The last chapter was already good but now it's just brilliant! So many nice touches and additions...Omega is incredibly hard if you want to challenge him.

The armiger unleashed is also very fun, reminds me of Bayonetta!

I'll replay the whole game once all the new episodes will be out.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i haven't got that yet even though i have all the Royal Arms, i must be missing something

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD it's no different from games like Skyrim, that had loads of DLC or The Witcher 3 or Destiny with it's Complete Editions

as for missing stuff it was never missing, it's just that they expanded it to make it what they originally envisioned, remember as much as people like to throw around "it took 10 years" the fact is that the game we got was developed in just 3 years (for many reason main ones being having to change the game engine because the old one didn't work AND having to fulfil the contracts they had with Sony and Microsoft, they literately left it till the last possible moment to release the game)

also remember that the main game is from the point of view of Noctis so the character episode while adding to the game wasn't actually needed in order to see the story from his point of view, in fact you don't even play the episodes in the main game anyway, they are completely separate

buying and playing the Royal Edition will be perfectly fine and you will get everything you need to play and enjoy FFXV's main story

Nei

@KratosMD it makes sense. It's a very good game now btw but you could wait until everything is out and then play it @FullbringIchigo you need an accessory that is found by a statue in the area before the very first dungeon northwest of hammerhead

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah i found it eventually, thanks

anyway what do you think of the new Armiger mode, personally i think it's pretty good

Nei

It's pretty nice, a very cool addition

Jaz007

FFXV has a great story already. I find it interesting they’re adding new stuff like that. I’ll have to get a complete edition at some point. Is there a new game plus to take advantage of the new stuff with?
I’m at the very end. Right before the final boss. Also, I have to say something I love it. I haven’t had to have a single game over screen through the entire game. I’ve felt a big coat in resources and regretted what I got myself into. But running being an option and the overall difficulty I haven’t had one. I love it. I’ve never played a game that’s done this before. I think it’s awesome and has added a new tention in that I really don’t want a game over screen. It still feels like it has challenge too. I’d love to see other games play like this.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

I finished Final Fantasy XV last night, what an incredible game. It has one of the best stories I’ve seen. It’s the second game to get tears out of me. Many deeply emotional moments. The tale it tells with the fours guys, the brotherhood that is there amazing. It’s not a well introduced story (there shouldn’t need to be a lore guide at the start of the game.) but the story told is amazing. Noctis is an amazing chapter along with all of them. It’s not incredibly long either. I appreciated being done afte 40 hours. I don’t see how the story was disappointing. If it was better I’m not sure what could overtake it.
The game also did something else amazing. It provided a great combat system that felt like it had challenge, but I never saw the game over screen or heard that sound. I’ve never played a game like this where I never saw it. I’d love to that possibility more. It’s really neat.
I’d recommend it for anyone wanting a good story and characters.
I’d absolutely love a FFXV-2. It’s also a game I’d just love to see commentary on with the artistic side of it too. I think the story is underrated from what I’ve heard people say about it.

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 FF15 wasn't bad at all but from your write up it sounds like we played different games haha. I look back on my experience of FF15 and think "what story?" The middle was a complete mess in that department. I know they improved certain aspects so maybe what you played is a lot different to what most other people did at launch. The combat was fun and flashy enough but pretty brainless, too.

Still, the characters were pretty cool and it had some nice moments.

I dunno, maybe your 2 years off has lowered your expectations?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic