Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,454

Kidfried

@Octane A lot to say on the topic of course, but for starters most meds are not developed in The Netherlands. And those animals, under the "best circumstances" still get killed after testing, don't get to see a natural amount of daylight, live in a cage, can't do natural stuff.

Kidfried

zupertramp

@Snottie_Drippen idk, I think maybe you're taking the contrarianism or rebelliousness or whatever a little too far when you start questioning why the masks. There's simply less spread that way. Vaccinated or not, we can get others sick. This is less likely with masks. That's all.

And I'm all for a holistic approach to health. That's why I'm all kinds of no fun at parties. But, someone say, 70 years old and in remission from stomach cancer might not want to rely solely on yoga and multivitamins to ward off death and disease. Modern medicine isn't perfect but it's not something to avoid either.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

@Kidfried Sorry you aren't feeling too well. That's how I was on the 2nd day of my 2nd jab. Fine by the next day though so hang in there. A small sacrifice in the end I'm sure.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

Just got a call from the school letting us know my daughter and I were exposed to COVID-19 while up there registering yesterday. So sounds like the start of a good year.

We were masked so that's a plus. (No one else was but we were) There were a few days I stopped because it made me feel like an outcast but it just didn't feel right so I went back to wearing it.

Edited on by zupertramp

Voltan

@zupertramp Oh man. You probably have a good chance of not being infected (with the vaccine and all) but that definitely sucks.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@zupertramp Hope you and your daughter are gonna be okay. I'm certain you will be.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

@Voltan @RogerRoger thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine; mostly it's just annoying to have to make the decision whether to quarantine or not.

Voltan

@zupertramp In most places in Europe, that decision would be made for you

Voltan

RogerRoger

@zupertramp Look in your cupboard. Do you have fourteen days' worth of cookies? If so, lock the front door and boot up your PlayStation. If not, well...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

@Voltan yeah it's extremely discomforting to learn the decision is entirely up to the individual here.

Personally I'm thinking we passed through a fairly vacant school building into one office for about 5-10 minutes with masks and vaccinations so our risk is relatively low. However, I still feel somewhat obligated to wait the 5 days and get tested before going about like normal. I very seriously doubt others will give it that much consideration regardless of the circumstances.

Edited on by zupertramp

zupertramp

@RogerRoger yeah I have quite the movie backlog along with Hades, The Ascent, and Art of Rally on game pass (sorry Pushsquare) so I've got plenty to do. Also a stockpile of rice, beans, and snacks so I'm good.

JohnnyShoulder

@zupertramp Sorry to hear that, hopefully you and your daughter do not have and underlying health issues so you can make a full recovery.

Had my second jab on Thursday and again all I had was a sore arm for a couple of days. I did feel wiped out by the end of the day, but think that was more down to having a busy day more than a side effect of the jab.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@zupertramp Wow, that’s bitterly ironic. The school can’t even provide a safe environment to register — so what’s going to happen when school is actually in session and there are hundreds or kids, teachers, and school employees packing the halls? Hopefully they have a plan for mask enforcement. Otherwise you’re going to be getting those calls a lot.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@Th3solution yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment. I think I'm probably going to have to accept I'm probably going to catch it sooner or later. We've unashamedly adopted a policy of culling the weak and elderly at this point. At least in the southern US. All I can do is hope no one in my family is among that unlucky group.

It's funny I moved from one idiocracy to another. One perhaps worse. Out of the frying pan...

zupertramp

Brilliant!!

Texas school district strikes back at governor by saying masks are part of dress code
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cu...

Edited on by zupertramp

nessisonett

@zupertramp My old high school used to send girls home if their skirts weren’t past their knee. Or if they wore trousers. Or the wrong shoes. Or the wrong makeup. I’d like to hope they’re enforcing masks now otherwise it’s a little rich of them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@Voltan @nessisonett

it's another world entirely. too much individualism built in over here. to the point that you have parents suing districts in opposition to mask mandates.

It's whatever though. Part of that individualism means no regulations regarding home school so I'm now weighing that option.

nessisonett

@zupertramp Oh yeah, I totally forgot you don’t wear school uniform over there 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.