Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,454

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I imagine yearly vaccinations will become a thing. Hope you feel better soon.

@zupertramp The way its going, I think there will be a new set of lockdowns and restrictions come the Autumn/Winter.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder I don't know if I'll be there for them if they become yearly, can't justify it, but we'll see what happens down the line.

A new lockdown in winter would truly make 2021 groundhog year. And with the way the Olympics are going, I imagine my country will win an equal amount of olympic gold medals in both years!

Kidfried

Snottie_Drippen

Yearly vaccinations?! Yikes!! You trust these companies enough to push a yearly edition?? Not I. Follow the $$$$$.

Snottie_Drippen

zupertramp

@Snottie_Drippen I mean, if the data suggests yearly vaccines will substantially reduce risk then, idk, seems reasonable to at least consider it. But that's me.

And for what it's worth, I don't think any financial examination would reveal a plot to purposefully kill people. At worst we get shot up with placebos. I mean, selling us all saline would probably provide the greatest amount of profits if we're really going full conspiracy theory here.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nomither6

Removed - discussing moderation

nomither6

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Maybe only for people over a certain age it will be for. I know my parents have the flu jab every year and they are in the seventies, so it could be something similar for covid.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, my Nana gets all sorts of jabs and boosters and stuff every year too since her immune system is about the opposite of immune. Wouldn’t surprise me if we had to get boosters every once in a while and it honestly is a minor inconvenience compared to being stuck in my house all day.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I do believe some health authorities are currently recommending booster shots for some “increased risk groups” or whatever the wording is. That includes the elderly as well as people with certain conditions.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The amount of pills my mum has to take these days is pretty insane!

@Voltan Yeah I think a third jab could be on the way for the elderly and people with certain health conditions in England, think I heard a few weeks back. I've not kept that upto date with it all as I'm pretty healthy and am not that old. My parents would have to though.

Thrillho

Fill me up with more of that sweet sweet Pfizer if needs be!

Thrillho

Zeldafan79

Removed - inappropriate

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Snottie_Drippen

@zupertramp the data suggests many things. When they tell you to wear a mask after you're vaccinated, it's not about covid or safety. Pfizer was sued 3.9 billion 12years ago for bribing doctors and adverse trial results, they settled for 2.3 bil. Wonder what they're working on these days? Yah might wish it was saline?

Some natural immune boosters in case anyone would like some: being outside, vitamin d, vitamin c, echinacea, exercise (get comfortable being uncomfortable and push your hr daily), yoga/meditation, removing caffeine from diet, removing soda from diet, removing fast food from diet. Workout more than your thumbs and jaw. Challenge yourself to an hour of no technology. Just a few will give a boost.

Edited on by Snottie_Drippen

Snottie_Drippen

Kidfried

@Zeldafan79 People have actually died from Covid and are dying from it. Please be more respectful.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Snottie_Drippen Wearing a mask is about safety. You can still spread the delta variant when you're vaccinated.

Kidfried

Kidfried

I am suffering from an enormous headache the day after. I thought I'd be safe from side effects after yesterday, but my body has caught up to me. Hopefully I can make it to the end of the day of work!

This is not something that would stop me from taking a potential third vaccine, but at some point I don't think the enormous amount of animal testing going on right now is something I can keep ignoring.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I presume most of the testing is already done at this point.

Problem is that without the vaccine we would be worse off. At least the laboratory animals live in good conditions, and they are relatively few compared to the millions bred and slaughtered for production every day.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane There'll be more vaccins, newer vaccins might be needed for the variants. I took the vaccins with the idea that this is a one time thing beating COVID. But when it becomes this yearly returning and changing thing, then I might not want to be there for the ride. I'll take a third jab from the same stuff, but I would really have to think very hard about new vaccins.

And the animals are locked in cages, see no sunlight, are constantly listening to loud radio to distract them from the horror which is their unnatural life. For the big vaccins, these animals are sometimes moved for over 500 miles in even smaller cages

Maybe there are animals on our planet that are worse off, but that only tells you something about how bad these other animals have it, tells you nothing about the welfare of the testing animals.

There are people making our clothes in Bangladesh under terrible conditions, and there are people working under slave like conditions in mines. But you won't hear me say "Those people in Bangladesh have good working conditions."

Kidfried

Kidfried

Anyway, it's just something I need to think really hard about. Because I believe in the power of medical research for humanity, but I have always struggled with the downside.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I've worked with lab animals before, and I can assure you they don't live in small cages/have to listen to loud music all day long. In fact, regulations are incredibly strict (especially here in the Netherlands). Rabbit housing for example is miles better than the average pet rabbit, which is usually confined to a small cage.

Octane

Sorry, this topic has been locked.