Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,454

nessisonett

@zupertramp They should print a gorilla symbol on the side of the vial. Like The Emperor’s New Groove.

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

Lol. "A Llama?! He's supposed to be dead!" At least I think that's the line.

Love how you brought it back 'round to llamas.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp I honestly didn’t mean to bring it back to llamas. But are we going to call it Llamageddon or the Alpacalypse?

Th3solution

@nessisonett I just need to pause and applaud the reference to The Emperor’s New Groove 😂
A criminally underrated movie.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Urgh, massive crowds of Rangers fans are now outside Ibrox lighting flares and completely ignoring guidelines. That’s both clubs (sorry Partick Thistle) and their supporters now breached guidelines for the sake of football. It’s bloody stupid. I can see the next few months being pretty violent here, especially if we open up before the Orange Walks start.

R1spam

@nessisonett mental scenes! I get it though, it's their teams first league after only being formed 9 years ago 😂. In all seriousness, feel sorry for police and other services having to deal with that just now. Only consolation is chance of outdoors transmission is reduced, shame about all the inevitable house parties this weekend that will follow.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam A boy waving a full on massive flag walked past my house a couple of hours ago. Nobody with him, just him waving the flag. I get it as well, I don’t really blame them but it’s not going to be fun given I live in a predominantly Rangers area! I’m glad the pub across the road isn’t open though, it usually spills out into the nearby streets and isn’t pretty even after the tamest of Old Firms/league wins.

R1spam

@nessisonett take care bud, it can get pretty wild your neck of the woods. I vividly remember being woken up the morning after a big night out in Glasgow, when staying over in a city centre hotel, by a giant orange march about 15 years ago. Couldn't comprehend the scale of it! How anyone could be bothered let alone Scottish people commemorating an Irish battle by folk who could barely articulate difference between Catholicism and Protestantism. Fuds

XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam Cheers, I’m right on the path the march takes so we usually spend the day playing loud music trying to drown out the drums and pan pipes. Considering it was cancelled last year, Rangers have taken the title after 10 years etc... if we open back up beforehand it’s going to be carnage. I’ve a mind to set up my speakers in the front garden on St Paddy’s Day and blare rebel songs just to get my own back but I’m afraid I’d get stabbed 😂😂

zupertramp

Just wow. Such an odd thing to vilify. I'll never get it.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Where do they get these big metal barrels that look like something out a COD map?

zupertramp

@nessisonett oddly enough those barrels are ridiculously common. Never occurred to me that was an American thing lol.

Th3solution

@zupertramp I have to laugh at the parents simultaneously barking out fire safety instructions while they’re doing this. Oh the irony. How many people died last month from barrel fire accidents? I’d venture to say your chance of dying of COVID is much higher.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@zupertramp Apart from the whole message, it's either a waste of resources if the masks are unused, or a great way to contract COVID if they are used. Either way, these masks contain polypropylene and/or polystyrene, so you definitely don't want to burn them and inhale the fumes. It's also not great for the environment. This is just all kinds of stupid.

Octane

Zeldafan79

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this mask forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or mask shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people had a face.

Funny how just over a year ago walking into a bank or restaurant with a mask would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go into public places without one.
I say burn those masks! Enough already! If you're that scared of a getting sick stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie virus can't get you!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Octane

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this seat belt forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or seat belt shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could just crash.

Funny how just over a year ago driving on the highway with a seat belt would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go on the road without one.
I say burn those seat belts! Enough already! If you're that scared of a crashing and dying, stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie cars can't get you!

Octane

Gremio108

@Octane You have to wonder though. How much longer is this fire extinguisher forcing nonesense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or fire extinguisher shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could just burn.

Funny how just over a year ago being on fire with a fire extinguisher would likely have gotten the fire brigade called on you but now it's like that if you're on fire without one.
I say burn those fire extinguishers! Enough already! If you're that scared of a fire, stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie fires can't get you!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LieutenantFatman

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this toilet forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked, or toilet shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could use the street as a toilet.

Funny how just over a year ago, defecating or urinating in the street would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go into public places without doing one.
I say burn those toilets! Enough already! If you're that scared of a getting covered in human excrement, get in your little bubble where the big bad smelly poo can't get you!

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

You have to wonder though, how much longer is this breathing nonsense... No I'll stop myself there.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

zupertramp

The funny thing about seatbelts is they aren't even designed to protect anyone else really. Sure there's the occasional airborne person that hits another but on the whole seatbelts are intended to protect, well... the person in the seat. No more no less.

So seatbelt laws do actually infringe upon personal freedoms because you really should be able to risk your life to whatever extent you feel comfortable without the government stepping in. Same goes for helmet laws. The idea the state can fine you for not caring about your own personal safety is quite bonkers when you think about it. Yet even then, no one is holding demonstrations to protest this kind of oppressive government overreach.

But you tell people they gotta wear a mask for everyone's safety and some really balk at the idea. I mean, mask mandates are really more akin to drunk driving laws than seatbelt requirements. And likely very few would say, if you don't wanna die in a fiery crash caused by a drunk maybe you should stay home in your bubble.

And let's be real about this. In the US we've topped 500,000 deaths in a year's time which handily dwarfs drunk driving fatalities so the danger is just as legitimate.

Edited on by zupertramp

Sorry, this topic has been locked.