Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,454

Tasuki

@zupertramp That is very interesting. Still as I said, it makes a person wonder what other health protocols they are ignoring. Do they make sure their employees wash their hands after using the restrooms?? Are they storing food right?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman I've always taken what everyone says on here at face value. Lesson learned.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Jimmy_VNC82 Do you have to stay a certain distance away from the children? Just wondering, definitely not setting up my own joke or anything.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
It is scary how many people do that in life. But that's the thing about the Internet as well, it's so much easier to mislead and manipulate people. It's probably worth noting that I am actually a llama pretending to be a human for example. But if I hadn't told you, then who would possibly know?

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman
Untitled

Alas, I couldn't find any decent GIFs threatening llamageddon, so that'll have to do.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Argh, my mortal enemy and only weakness!
Rumour has it Alpacas are similar to butterflies, they cocoon themselves and then come out as llamas, so it's all good.

Then llamas eventually cocoon as well and emerge as cybernetically enhanced velociraptors. But the second bit is top secret so best not to tell anyone or you'll have llama security forces after you.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman I that will the next subject by a so called teacher who doesn't wear a mask to lessons.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

zupertramp

So the San Diego zoo vaccinated some apes and I really don't know how I feel about that. Actually, I do. Can we not address the zoo animals after healthcare workers, teachers, service industry staff, and the population's most vulnerable? And I get it, there was an outbreak but seriously, welcome to the present. Get in line.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/05/san-diego-zoo...

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Octane

Well, there are way less gorillas than humans on this planet. And in a way it's also protecting the staff from getting it from one of them. And it's not like there are millions of gorillas in line to get a vaccine either... I don't see the problem!

Octane

zupertramp

@Octane this is one of those times where the fact that I couldn't be bothered to read the article kinda bit me in the rear, as I assumed it was the same vaccine but then considered it might not be only after posting. So by the time I checked the article and confirmed it's some experimental vaccine (and not the human vaccine) the damage had already been done.

Ah well. Got my stupid comment of the day out of the way early.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp I’d also add that the prospect of Covid spreading to animals is way scarier than it sounds. If it gets to wild animals and ends up mutating, it’s a whole lot harder to contain. Since we value human lives and well-being a lot more than a pigeon or rat and people actually walk into hospitals, we’re a lot more aware of the virus than we would have been if it had only spread to humans after ravaging animal populations.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@nessisonett noted. Though I was also struck by the idea of giving vaccines after an outbreak.

nessisonett

@zupertramp It does seem a bit silly from the outside without context. At this point, everyone universally benefits from getting back to normal so I reckon I just trust that people in science-y positions probably know what to do.

zupertramp

@nessisonett true.

Not a new suggestion but the forums really need a 'like' button.

RogerRoger

LieutenantFatman wrote:

Argh, my mortal enemy and only weakness!
Rumour has it Alpacas are similar to butterflies, they cocoon themselves and then come out as llamas, so it's all good.

Then llamas eventually cocoon as well and emerge as cybernetically enhanced velociraptors. But the second bit is top secret so best not to tell anyone or you'll have llama security forces after you.

@LieutenantFatman That's just alpaca lies, and you know it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Ralizah That’s a lot of fur coats.

zupertramp

@Ralizah yeah that was incredibly sad.

But I mean I do know this. I mean this all most likely originated in some animal in the first place. I get it. It's one of the many reasons to abhor factory farming.

To be clear, I wasn't saying don't vaccinate animals. It's just, what was going on at this zoo that there was an outbreak? And is vaccinating them more important than say, human beings in third world countries whose governments can't even secure vaccines because, like, more virulent mutations can occur from rampant outbreaks just within humans too. And I'm guessing they also have animal populations in these countries that could make this worse as well.

It was more about the context of everything else going on weighed against a half dozen gorillas at a zoo.

But as I realized, it's moot because it's not even the same vaccine. Which makes sense. Why would it be.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.