Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,717

nessisonett

Finally saw my older brother and exchanged Christmas gifts since he had Covid over the last couple of weeks and is only starting to feel a bit better. He got my younger brother Miles Morales which I’ll obviously play too! I just used the money I had left in the PS Store wallet to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition so I think I’ll replay the first one and play the DLC first since I never did get round to that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@nessisonett I played Spider-Man and Miles Morales back to back when I got the UE for PS5. I really enjoyed the games but I was pretty Spider-Manned out after that 😅

render

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Eeeee, Spidey!! Hope you enjoy the DLC (knowing you're a fan of the comics means you'll likely get more out of it than most) and then methinks you'll love Miles, too! Don't forget about the Photo Mode for this year's competition, either! Should show everybody the new categories at some point soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West, I don’t normally pre-order but felt Sony could do with the cash 🥺

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 as gloomy (& scary even) as it is for us ‘ponies’ right now, if Nintendo can thrive Sony can too. Don’t think they’ll do anything drastic (I would if I were in charge like…but I’ve no experience in managing a corporation so… ) I’m still firmly on board.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore as long as sony keeps giving me these special SP exclusives i'll be on board forever.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 well, that’s three of us at least (🎼… & that’s the magic number🎶).

**** DLC!

Voltan

I would also pre-order Horizon but I already did it months ago and getting 2 copies at launch seems like overkill

I did buy Lost In Random on the new sale today though.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@Iver You finally gave in.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

SmackMyBishop

returnal
ac valhalla
outriders
couple of games from the deals from this past one and this current one.

SmackMyBishop

Th3solution

@Iver Oh, it’s a sure fire hit, so your safe, I think. I was just seeing your comment that you were within a hair’s width of pre-ordering, then I saw shorty after that you did.

Honestly I also think Zero Dawn was a smidge overrated, but yet I still liked it immensely. It’s revered and spoken of in hushed tones amongst the fandom, so it qualifies as overrated, despite being quite excellent, imo.

I’m feeling the pressure to pre-order too. Although I don’t think the game will need any financial support; it’ll sell like hotcakes regardless, but it will be the talk of the community and I might end up with FOMO. My plan has been to wait though, since I have plenty on the backlog and several are open world action games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Iver @Th3solution "Horizon Zero Dawn is overrated" You guys are dead to me. Next time I turn on my PS5, you guys are getting removed. Wait, I don't have Iver on mine and I'm not sure on Mr. Solution.

Granted I thought the latest God of War was overrated, but that was mainly due to how annoying I found his son to be in most of the game. So, I guess what do I know?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MightyDemon82

@KilloWertz I never got why people found Atreus annoying, compared to actual kids I know he's a saint.
(Disclaimer: I don't have children but plenty niece's and nephews)

MightyDemon82

render

@Iver @Th3solution @KilloWertz Damn you guys are making me think about hitting the purchase button on HFW. I really did enjoy the first game for both story and game play so know I will like the sequel. Plus it looks amazing!!

One thing that would have been a great edition, since going back and playing the remaster, would have been Shadow of the Colossus style battles. It would have been awesome to have needed to find a way up onto something, a bit like you do with the tallnecks to then have to work out how to take it down.

render

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Easy now, compadre. 😄 Don’t hit the ‘Block’ button just yet. HZD is a 8 or 9 out of 10. I didn’t say I disliked it. It was an imperfect game, and sometimes people speak of it like it’s the Mona Lisa.

I would probably elevate GoW higher than HZD. It kept me more invested and interested throughout. The fact I got the platinum for GoW and not for HZD is telling. I had to take a prolonged break in HZD during the part that drags in the middle. It’s a tiny bit bloated and pacing was an issue due to the open world fatigue that sets in.

However when you push past that, the story was surprisingly good and everything comes together in the final stretch. @Iver

Interestingly, although I give GoW a slight edge over HZD in my personal rankings, I am more excited for HFW than for Ragnarok. We’ll see how it ends up, but HFW seems to be doing more to improve upon its predecessor, but maybe it’s just because we’ve seen more preview material for it.

KilloWertz

@MightyDemon82 Once he finds out he's a god, he becomes basically a whiny little bitch that doesn't want to listen to Kratos at all. I get that he was a young child, but still, they could have toned it down and it wouldn't have hurt the game one bit. From a technical perspective, the game was a masterpiece, but I almost stopped playing the game when he basically betrayed Kratos and got himself kidnapped.

@Th3solution I do what I want. Just like me having a right to party, I have a right to block you. New blocking power FTW!

Seriously though, it's all good. I wanted to like God of War as much as everybody else, but I just couldn't get over the son. I already said why above, and how I thought it was a great game otherwise, but maybe a second playthrough at some point before Ragnarok will help.

As for Forbidden West, it's a major reason why I have a PS5. Honestly, I'd probably be using my Series X as my main console and would have gotten a PS5 down the road if it wasn't for the announcement trailer for the game during their showcase before launch. I loved Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Kena and obviously don't regret buying my PS5. Basically just stating the importance of Horizon Forbidden West for me, kind of like what Uncharted was for me from the PS3 to the PS4.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Haha, well - fair enough. Just don’t have a ‘block party’. 😜

Did you make it to the end of GoW? Atreus gets better throughout the final parts. And his real identity reveal tells a lot about his personality

And I think you’re not alone in HFW being a system seller for you. There are probably many PS5 owners who have the console mostly for that one title.

For me, it’s more of a combination of all the exclusive content. And I’ve got years invested in the PS ecosystem so I’m an easy loyal customer.

Edited on by Th3solution

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Yep, I beat the game. The part you just described is a big reason why. That and when he finally got his old weapons again. Those two things are when the game finally really picked up for me.

So do I actually. I continue to also have an Xbox every generation at one point or another, but once I picked up a PS3 shortly after Metal Gear Solid 4 game out, that's been my platform of choice. So, roughly 13 years or so, but it's not a competition and I'm sure you've been loyal even longer.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz I do go back a little further (not scoreboarding or anything 😛). And I have never owned an Xbox console of any kind. I had a Nintendo Wii and I’m planning to get a Switch. I’m not opposed to getting an Xbox One X or One S if they do have enough exclusives that entice me. So far, nothing really has. No interest in Forza and Halo. Probably Bethesda will be the first to have something ‘system selling’ for me. Among existing IP, I’ve been mildly curious about Fable and Gears of War. Mostly Fable seems to be a great concept and interests me most, but I heard the last one wasn’t very good. Outside of those, I can’t think of anything they have until Elder Scrolls and Starfield.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic