Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,737

RogerRoger

@GoodGame No worries, and glad to hear, thank you! I've been tempted to try and squeeze it in early this weekend, but I'm gonna be good and save it for once I'm back and settled over the New Year's week. Apologies in advance for when I inevitably flood the forum with thoughts and screencaps!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Victor_Meldrew

a bit disappointed there aren't any Christmas deals running up to Christmas, usually we get a daily deal don't we, end of year stuff has been there for ages. Cry me a River etc

Victor_Meldrew

RogerRoger

@Mauzuri I just looked at the games you've listed on your account profile, to see if I could offer up any helpful suggestions, and apparently you own Sonic Unleashed on PS3... and nothing else.

So, um... anything. Buy anything. If that's your only comparison then trust me, you can't go wrong!

In all seriousness, what genre are you in the mood for?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Mauzuri Well, for the credit you've got to spend, there seems to be a bit of buzz about Chorus, which just came out. Solar Ash looks good, too, and according to people who've played it, Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One is kinda interesting. Calling out other games that are considered decent, there's also Kena: Bridge of Spirits, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Metro Exodus: Gold Edition, Terminator: Resistance Enhanced, Judgement, Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced, Disco Elysium and Control: Ultimate Edition currently in your price range.

I'm literally just throwing stuff at the wall to see if anything sticks here, mind. You might've played all of these already, at which point, er... yeah, I got nothin' else to suggest, sorry!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Victor_Meldrew @Kidfried A new sale starts on PSN this Wednesday!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Qu1n0n3z

I made a promise to myself to not to reserve again (after awful Cyberpunk launch) but Elden Ring seems solid enough to make that jump.

Qu1n0n3z

colonelkilgore

Just picked up GTA Trilogy - Definitive Edition anyone know if all the issues have been patched now?

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I’ve played a few hours of III through PS Now. Short answer… no. It’s not as bad as the videos when it came out but yeah, it’s pretty shoddy. Make sure to use performance mode because fidelity mode is genuinely unplayable. The added traffic honestly makes the races insanely hard as well 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett Okay cheers, I might just leave it a while longer before I start them then... I've kinda been planning to play some other stuff anyway... but I was considering putting them on hold in order to start III but I can keep it ice I suppose.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

With my Christmas money I've just ordered some new headphones - the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. I was after the SteelSeries Arctis 7P Wireless but they were out of stock on Amazon, and a bit more expensive.

I did have a pair of Sony Platinums, but I gave them to my dad as his ones recently broke.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

With Xmas vouchers/money I picked up Indivisible, F.I.S.T, Death's Door,Disco Elysium an Unsighted 😊

MightyDemon82

sorteddan

@MightyDemon82
Nice selection. Deaths Door and FIST both currently on my watch list. Let us know how you find em.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Col_McCafferty

Got GotG for Xmas and picked up Kena in the sales. Really tempted by the current discount on Resi 8 but will check physical prices before taking the plunge.

It's about time I had a bit of a backlog. 😉

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

Col_McCafferty wrote:

… It's about time I had a bit of a backlog. 😉

My backlog used to really stress me out (elements of it still do like PS3 titles and old games that require online trophies for the Platinum etc.) but I’ve learned to love having a huge backlog of games to play. I never have that feeling of having nothing to play… and if I’m ever struggling to find something that takes my fancy, I just scan through my shelves and digital library and always find something, it’s great!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @Col_McCafferty I’ve had a weird sort of Stockholm Syndrome with my backlog as well. I whittled it down pretty low earlier this year, mostly through a combination of just admitting to myself there are some games I’ll never play and taking them off the list, and also by not purchasing any games for a while (aided a lot by a slow release schedule this year all around, and by really weak PS+ offerings for several months in a row) and as I got down to a list of about 15 games that I realistically planned on playing, I grew a little nervous and empty feeling 😅. So I’ve bought about 7 games in the last couple months after not buying any most of the year. I’m gradually getting back to that 30-40 game situation where I normally am. With HFW, GT7, Forspoken, Elden Ring, and all the others coming soon, it’s starting to look like things will fill up again. I do like the options, and although I keep a rough schedule (much rougher than colonel’s) I like having choices depending on my mood. So unless I’m just absolutely averse to gaming that day, I always have something to fall back on.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ChadR

Ark, dinosaurs are awesome. Wildcard kind of sucks and they’ve broken the dinosaur textures in the last patch but the game is still really fun.

ChadR

Pixelated

my latest "purchase" wasnt a purchase, it was one of the free ps plus games... deep rock galactic. if u havent played it, i suggest it. screwin around dark caverns lookin for ore and fighting lil alien monsters now and then is more fun than u think! its play a tiny bit like minecraft (pick axe, mining ores) and a tiny bit like terraria (dropping down unknown dark cavernous holes and tunnels) but has fps elements (fighting the monsters) and has graphics like no mans sky mixed with metroid, and synth music that eerily sounds like something out of a john carpenter movie.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

Th3solution

@Iver
Catlateral Damage Remeowstered wins the award for best title, hands down… er, uh I mean, paws down.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic