Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,720

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder It's definitely a plus in that regard, and almost always in that case I end up waiting until it goes on sale then. I'm fine with paying $60 or $70 if it's something I really want, but there's no real point if I'm not going to play it at least close to release day. I'll only be about a week late starting God of War Ragnarok this weekend.

I'm not exactly very fast either, between not having that much time during the week because of work (a couple of hours a day at most) and usually not wanting to rush through any game. I know some people breezed through Ragnarok in a few days. That won't be the case for me.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MightyDemon82

@JudgeDredd I've been intrigued by it for quite some time so finally took the plunge for £16. Looking forward to it.

@KilloWertz It's too good just to blast through it. I'm about 40 hours in and still plenty to do. Don't really want it to end as I'm enjoying it so much

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 I will probably be the same with Ragnarok. I don't quite understand the need for some to blast through games as quickly as possible, especially if it is something you have been looking forward to. Ah well, we all can't be the same.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder FOMO I guess and wanting to get through stuff before the next big thing comes along. I still haven't gotten round to Elden Ring yet but will get to it soon hopefully!

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

@MightyDemon82 I hope to agree with you and the vast majority of other people. I wasn't as big of a fan of the 2018 game as most everybody else, with the Atreus character being my main problem, but it would be nice to agree with the masses on this one. Obviously that's always preferred.

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Gotham Knights. It was never really on my radar… but a combination of surprisingly positive word of mouth together with a £29.99 Black Friday deal sealed the… erm deal.

edit. & Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands… £24.99 was too good to pass up!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

MightyDemon82

@KilloWertz Yes I rember reading that you hate kids 😂

I didn't have a problem with Atreus, but I hope you do get on better with him this time around now that he's a teenager!

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

@MightyDemon82 I don't hate kids. Just kids like Atreus in the first game.

I'll be starting Ragnarok tomorrow, so we'll see. Imo, the only way his character can go is up.

oliverp

Bought Alan Wake remastered edition during the weekend for 50% off the normal price on PSN. Will see if I manage to play and enjoy the game when I have finished Yakuza 0. One thing that counts for it is that I that in general really like survivor horror games (although I tend to like other games as well) of course.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

colonelkilgore

@oliverp yeah it’ll be quite a while tbh. I kinda wanna try and platinum the 3 Arkham games first if I can… so gawd knows!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Just discovered that I can get free upgraded PS5 version of Jydge as I previously had it on the PS4. And as the trophies don't stack I imagine I will probably go and do it all again. Just need to channel my inner 'Judge Dredd/Robocop' mode.

Happy days!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Picked up Chernobylite in the Amazon Black Friday sale for £16.99. I know very little about it but it scored well on metacritic and watched a quick vid on YouTube where it seemed real solid.

**** DLC!

GoodGame

Pre-ordered NFS Unbound on PS5. It's just been dispatched

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

HOWARDSROCK

Just got in Soul Hackers 2 and Persona 5 Royal from Black Friday sales. Never played a Persona game but love turn based RPG's always been worried to try Persona though because I like more grinding than story and heard the Persona's are very story heavy.

HOWARDSROCK

GoodGame

@KAIRU Mine was dispatched yesterday, but because of the postal strikes in the UK, I won't get it until next week

Current Level - 55

GoodGame

@KAIRU Yes it is. Trying not to see or listen to anything that might spoil it lol.

Current Level - 55

KidRyan

I'm still not even at the halfway point for Ragnarok yet, so will sadly have to skip paying full price for Callisto Protocol.

Hopefully it'll be $30 or cheaper in a few years...just too many games to play.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

KilloWertz

@KidBoruto Same here, although I'm good because I doubt it's long enough to really be worth $70 (imo). If it turns out to be really good like everybody is hoping, I'll happily pick it up down the road whenever things calm down. By then it should be a much more manageable price.

As long as I get God of War Ragnarok done by the time Crisis Core comes out, I'm good.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic