Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,701

Ralizah

@KilloWertz The Switch printing of this game in NA has been oop since close to launch, and it goes out of stock pretty often on PS4, so probably a good move. It's also a fantastic game, even if it looks like an upscaled GameCube JRPG, so it'll likely be worth owning physically in your collection.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

KilloWertz

@Ralizah Yeah, I've noticed a lot of JRPGs are out of print, some quicker than others. Even bigger ones like some Final Fantasy games and Nintendo first party ones. The fact that the PS5 version is only $40 is nice too.

As long as the game is really good, which obviously it is, I should be able to love it regardless of the graphics. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, even though it is a nice step up from the original release, is still a fairly ugly game in comparison to games made for modern tech powered consoles and I made it through that in spite of the graphics. Ys VIII has the reputation of being a top tier JRPG regardless, and I look forward to finally experiencing it at some point.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@KAIRU Neither. They both will suck, Mr. I Have to Have My Name in All Caps Now for Some Reason.

Seriously though, do you want to play a racing game first or a horror game? Personally I'd go with The Callisto Protocol, but I also haven't played a Need for Speed game in over a decade.

jdv95

Something tells me that callisto will be the better game. Thing is though that dead space remake will come out a month later so that could be something to consider.

jdv95

KilloWertz

@KAIRU It's your account, so you can technically do whatever you want with it obviously. I didn't get the reference as I've never watched Akira.

Maybe you'll make the decision closer to release. The hype for one or the other, or if one of them gets reviews far enough ahead of time that you gravitate towards that one if the reviews are stellar.

I've never been a big sim racer guy. I've played multiple Gran Turismo games in the past, but I still prefer the Burnout or Need for Speed games, even if the latter has had a pretty sketchy run for a while. If Unbound turns out to actually be pretty good, maybe I'll get it at some point.

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU I'll be getting Callisto Protocol, but probably not at launch as I wanna see how it reviews first and see what the performance is like. I'm quite confident it will turn out OK though.

I'm not sure on Dead Space as I already completed the original. It was utterly fantastic however, but not sure if I hold in high enough regard to warrant a replay.

Need for Speed, I'm content to wait for it to come to PS Plus like all the other games in the series. I'm not massively into racers though, and even then it will only be an arcade racer.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nomither6

NFS has been consistently mediocre , so i’m getting the scary game first

nomither6

KilloWertz

@KAIRU Makes sense so you can space them out a bit (yes, no pun intended).

With so much coming out, it's going to be a tight squeeze, but I will consider The Callisto Protocol at launch if I know I can somehow squeeze it in before Crisis Core comes out in mid-December. The latter is my main priority for December given my love for Final Fantasy 7 Remake and the fact I never played the original Crisis Core.

I already know I'll be waiting on Dead Space, as Forspoken is my main priority for January. I do hope both horror games turn out to be pretty good though for fans, and also for me if I choose to get both. I'd support the new team making The Callisto Protocol if I could only get one though.

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU Dead Space is top draw horror imo. There is also Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 2 remakes out early-is next year too. Horror fans will be eating (brains) well next year!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU I'm more interested in Resident Evil 4 as I never finished it when I played the original. Not sure how I will find it as most of the problems I had with were down to some of the characters being annoying and how action oriented it felt.

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder I can't remember the last time 3 potentially really good horror games came out so close to eachother, with Silent Hill 2 following whenever that is.

@KAIRU It's about time other gamers came around on Forspoken. I always thought it was a bit unfair, but that was a borderline laughingstock when the first trailer dropped. I've always been looking forward to it, but it's only been recently that most everybody else has finally come around.

As I said before, this run of releases for 3 or 4 months straight will create an automatic backlog on top of already existing backlogs. It is what it is. I hope most of them turn out good at least.

I've never played Resident Evil 4 either, but I am looking forward to the remake. I've highly enjoyed the remakes for 2 and 3. I didn't join the group of people that complained about 3's remake, as I loved it, but I also never played the original of that either to care about cut content and such.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @KilloWertz @KAIRU Started playing RE4 a few weeks ago and it’s definitely a deviation in style from the first 3 games. I’m warming up to it but I have to admit that it hasn’t captured me as strongly as the RE1-3 Remakes did. My main complaint is probably the control scheme, which is a common complaint of the first 3 before they were remade and had the tank controls updated. If all they do with RE4 Remake is to make it handle more like a modern third person game then it will be drastically better. I still intend to finish the original before I would consider buying and playing the remake, and in fact, will probably try to play RE5-8 (might skip 6 😅) first.

I’m not much of a horror fan, but Calisto, Dead Space, REm4ke, Silent Hill… it’s all a bit much and seems like it runs the risk of saturating the genre too quickly.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I suppose it is down to the individual to choose as and when to play them. Some people will be OK playing then back to back to back to back to back, others (like me) will need to space them out a bit.

@KilloWertz I've never really understood the hate towards Forspoken. It is defo on my radar. I don't think the dialogue has been that bad, but I'm not the kind of person that would be put off from playing a game cos of some slighty cheesy dialogue.

KilloWertz

@Th3solution I would imagine the remake for 4 will be in line gameplay wise with the other remakes. If so, I expect to love it as much as I did the remakes for 2 and 3 (never played the remake for 1).

I'm not a huge horror game fan either. It's not that I haven't played a decent amount of horror games, but the only original Resident Evil game I've ever played was the first one. I'm happy with them doing all of these remakes so I can play modern versions of them.

It is a lot, especially since all of them are coming out post-Halloween, but at least the only two that should be really similar are The Callisto Protocol and Dead Space. Who knows when Silent Hill 2 is coming out, so that could be spaced out from the other three enough that it's not a huge deal. Given how 3 of them are from established major franchises and the other has massive hype, I think all 4 will do fine unless reviews are horrible.

@JohnnyShoulder Pretty much the same here. Sure, some of the dialogue at first might have been a bit cheesy, but honestly it was such a little bit that I thought it was ridiculous to judge it at all. I also was willing to shrug it all off because Amy Hennig is one of the writers and obviously the writing in Uncharted 1-3 was phenomenal for the most part. I'll judge the writing once I actually play it.

@KAIRU We definitely will. Square Enix has been doing short videos recently showing some things off, which has really helped with the overall opinion of the game.

I would say Sony would do a State of Play for it that would really show off the gameplay, which would make perfect sense, but I doubt it since they didn't even do one for God of War Ragnarok. It's coming off like it would be too much work for Sony to do them anymore.

Edited on by KilloWertz

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz @KAIRU @Th3solution Bloober Team did say Silent Hill 2 is in the later stages of development, so reckon it could release by the end of next year. But yeah, we don't know for definite yet.

MightyDemon82

Fancied something different, so picked up Snow Runner and Hot Wheels Unleashed. Also grabbed Psychonauts 2 and AI the Somnium files these should keep me entertained over the Xmas holidays.

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder True, but that technically still qualifies as being space out from the other three.

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz Yeah that is true. One plus point of games being released close together is that the ones you don't pick at or near day one will hopefully drop in price by the time you get round to them. Especially if you are slow ass gamer like me.

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Hey, another on the SnowRunner bandwagon! I've just installed my copy, so that I can get started on it in slow time. Should definitely fit the "something different" bill. @JudgeDredd is gonna be a very busy judge around here, giving us all tips!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

@RogerRoger @JudgeDredd Thanks for the tag guys. I'll definitely give you both a holler once I get started.

Might give it a look this weekend so I can make Ragnarok last longer, as I don't want it to end!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic