Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,716

RogerRoger

...so it's June now, right? The weather's suddenly gotten warmer, I'm under intense pressure to meet up with my family again, and I've got one of these now.

Untitled

Yeah. Sure feels like June.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Hooray! Congratulations! What will you be playing first?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

phil_j

@Th3solution Bought it tonight. Played for about an hour or so. Runs perfectly fine, no problems at all. Really good so far.

phil_j

nessisonett

@phil_j I honestly am interested to know how bad it was pre-patch because it runs relatively perfectly now.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks! I only have two spare days before a messy Saturday, so I'll probably get it all set up and try out Astro's Playroom, as I gather it's short and sweet.

I already have Hitman 3 Deluxe and Miles Morales Ultimate on my shelf, so I'll install both and download all of their additional bells and whistles. I'm thinking that, come Sunday, I'll be starting a quick story run of the first Spidey's remaster, before I tackle Miles. I wanna enjoy his game without stopping every thirty seconds to gasp at graphics or get comfortable with a new controller.

Perfect timing with the Game Club and Hitman, by the way! I was hesitant to return to it on PS4, as I was saving myself for concluding the trilogy post-upgrade. Am looking forward to playing through all the levels on slightly fancier hardware (to the point where I don't think I'll transfer my progress).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Whoah! Sweetness!
I don’t want to speak too soon, but in a strange and eery stroke of luck (or destiny, or some other supernatural phenomenon), if all goes as planned I might have stumbled into a PS5 this week as well.
Sure is feeling like it’s June over here too.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Got my PS5 back today and everything's running smoothly (so far). I'm still going with Ratchet and Clank which looks even better now!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I saw you mention elsewhere that the fates were potentially aligning for you, too. I shan't jinx it by saying anything too grandiose, but know that I'm quietly keeping two of my fingers crossed. Funny how it's been happening to us in pairs!

@Thrillho Awesome news; that's a slightly quicker turnaround than they'd predicted, yes?

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Ooh, very nice indeed. Have fun with Astro's Playroom. Getting back into Hitman now it's been upgraded will be brilliant!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Yeah, I think it said it could be up to 3 weeks so 9 days isn’t too bad. I’d be interested in your thoughts on the headset though; I generally don’t play with them but if they make a significant difference then I could be tempted.

So I’ve already picked up Disco Elysium and The Pedestrian for the console, as well as having Miles Morales and Astro to play!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice! Enjoy! Yeah let us know what you make of the Pulse headset, as apparently my ones are compatible with the 3D audio, but I've not noticed much difference when using them vs my nine 3D audio compatible headsets.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I'm super happy for you!

@JohnnyShoulder I have the Pulse headset as well, and it has actually become my main headphone set. for anything, from gaming to work. The mic is way above anything I have at home and I think the sound quality is quite decent. As a result I have not used it a lot on my PS5 yet. :')

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@mookysam @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried Thanks, folks! Had the console up and running for nearly two hours now... of course, I haven't played anything on it yet, and I hate it because everything's in a different place now, and there are no folders to keep things tidy, and the HDMI cable is too short, and I keep pressing Circle instead of Cross because the DualSense feels more like a Switch Pro Controller than a DualShock4... but these are just the opening night jitters of an OCD-riddled idiot. Once I'm settled in with Astro later on this afternoon, I'm sure I'll calm down.

The headset will be the last thing I test, when I start Spidey on Sunday, but I'll return with thoughts that hopefully reinforce Kid's glowing praise.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Congrats on getting your PS5 @RogerRoger!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts regarding Astro and the dualsense controller!

RogerRoger wrote:

I'm thinking that, come Sunday, I'll be starting a quick story run of the first Spidey's remaster, before I tackle Miles. I wanna enjoy his game without stopping every thirty seconds to gasp at graphics or get comfortable with a new controller.

... But you'll be stopping every 20 seconds to work that photo mode magic right?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

@RogerRoger I found the 3D audio in Spidey to be a subtle effect but if you have the headset on, and switch 3D audio on and off, I'm sure you'll notice the difference - it's actually pretty great

Voltan

mookysam

@RogerRoger The interface does take a little getting used to after so many years using the PS4! Certain things aren't quite as intuitive and I haven't yet worked out how to quick-scroll to the game library. Pressing R1 goes to the media tab. I actually prefer the DualSense to the DualShock 4 and find it's a more comfortable shape. The whole system is a lot smoother and more responsive too. Astro is lovely and had me thoroughly convinced that the PS5 is an excellent upgrade. Looking forward to your thoughts when you get settled in with it and play some games.

@JohnnyShoulder I couldn't decide if it was worth getting the Pulse Headset or not. My main headphones are Sony XM3s, which I use every day and love. The sound quality is excellent and on the PS5 the 3D audio is nice. I haven't played many PS5 games, but the 3D audio is very good in Astro's Playroom while more subtle in Spider-Man. The only downside to regular bluetooth headphones is they have to be plugged into the controller, which prevents their microphone being used.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@mookysam I'm really conflicted about the DualSense, in a good way. After three months of play I found myself really in love with the DualSense. It does some things just way better than the DS4 did. But because I had forgotten to put my DualSense in the charger last week, I had to play with the DS4 again. Oh man, that controller just fit like a glove, it honestly felt like coming home.

DualSense is probably the better controller, but I have just become so used to how the DualShock (and its older irations too) feel. It was like wearing my favorite old pair of shoes again.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@mookysam Yeah, I’ve got XM3s too and honestly don’t think it’s worth getting the Pulse headset. It’s just a worse version of XM3s with Playstation branding.

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yes, I'm sure there'll be screencaps aplenty! Thanks!

@Voltan I'll be sure to try what you suggest, and switch between settings whilst in-game. It might not be anything new, as I've had a Platinum headset for my PS4 Pro the past couple years, so it's possible I've already heard some 3D audio and just not realised.

@mookysam Yeah, I'm still very much in self-doubt mode, and fighting against muscle memory when wanting to go certain places, or access certain menu screens!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger No folders, huh? Is there any customizability as an alternative to just a stream of game icons to scroll across endlessly?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic