Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,712

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Not that I can find, and I've had a good ol' rummage.

When I turned my console back on again, some icons had been reshuffled to prioritise additional service placements, as well (things like PS Now appeared to the left of, and therefore "in front" of, the games I'd installed). I'm sure it's a thing they'll introduce down the line, because they made such a fanfare of folders on PS4, and there's a lot of needless faff in the U.I. which could use a rethink. Feels very much like a "just get it out the door" design, something only tested by its own designers.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You get about 6 games icons and three for Now, Plus, and Media gallery. The 7th icon is your game library where it lists all your games, which can be filtered. There is a separate Media tab which infind way better than the one available on PS4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder So can the 6 game icons be pinned for preference or will it just default to the last 6 games you played?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Arugula Man, that’s a pretty large oversight and what would seem to be a simple fix. I think I heard that there is no customizable themes, and now I can’t even customize which games are most accessible? I already get annoyed when they mess with my PS4 crossbar every now and then and a PSNow icon forces it’s way into the front of the line for advertising purposes, and now with PS5 I’ll have virtually no control over the UI for ease of navigation? Surely they’ll work on this. (😅 Listen to me rant already and I haven’t even used it...)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

I don't even have the "explore" thing on mine ¯_(ツ)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Arugula The UI can be a bit fiddly to start with, but I found i soon got used to it. Admittedly, I've not spent a great deal messing around with it as I usually go straight to what I want use. And at least the store works on PS5, the one on ps4 was so laggy I used to hate using it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

GoodGame

Bought Monster Truck Championship, so play that lots.
Pre-Ordered Returnal. Can't wait.

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

RogerRoger

@Arugula As wonderful as the Hitman games are, it's slightly criminal that the most recent trilogy demands being an always-online experience. I'm not smart enough to know why, but I can't imagine any of its gameplay being ridiculously taxing and needing constant server support.

I'm looking forward to many hours of fun with it, but I'm also dreading my first server blackout.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula It would happen rarely, but occasionally enough to notice, throughout the year following the launch of Hitman 2 on PS4. I'm hoping the huge sales success of Hitman 3, plus the revenue support they'll be getting for landing the Bond licence, will help them keep the lights on a little better, but blips are inevitable. With any luck, most of them will happen whilst we're asleep.

You're gonna love the trilogy, by the way. Even with potential server dropout. It's a blast.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Silly me; of course you've played the previous pair. My apologies, because I think we've discussed them before! It's a Sunday, that's my excuse, Your Honour.

Alas, no news of new Sniper Assassin maps, and I think they've actually said somewhere that it isn't a mode that they'll be revisiting in future. It's a shame, as they were a nice way of mixing up the gameplay once in a while (as I rarely used a sniper rifle in the "main" game, except for Story Missions or trophies that demanded it). Did you ever play the original standalone sniper game, used as a pre-order bonus to hype Absolution on PS3? It's only one map, but it's great fun.

Making It So Since 1987

WYRMWOOD23

I bought Disco Elysium because I could not ignore the hype. I was nervous because I'm not very savvy in tabletop RPGs and the lack of action was a bit of a worry but honestly, I've been really enjoying it based on the story alone. Still trying to get a hang on the gameplay but I'm interested in the story and a lot of the skills' dialogue makes me laugh.

Should also mention that I've experienced ZERO issues on PS5, so I'm thankful for that.

WYRMWOOD23

PSN: WYRMWOOD23

RogerRoger

@Arugula I think it might (emphasis on might) be available as a standalone purchase on PS3 and other platforms of its time. It was called Hitman: Sniper Challenge if you're curious.

And same. I'm very much a "sharp suit, sharp kill" kinda guy (in a non-worrying way)!

Making It So Since 1987

hypnotoad

Gran Turismo Sport.
Had the 1st 2 on PS1 and on PS3. Not much of a fan of any of them.
I'm more of an arcade racer fan but this has been fun so far...

Edited on by hypnotoad

hypnotoad

Total_Weirdo

UI updates have been rare so hopefully there's a BIG UI update in the summer with the hard drive bay expansion feature enabled.

Feel free to add me on Switch.

Switch Friend Code SW-4502-1527-9512

PSN: Total_Weirdo

colonelkilgore

Picked up both Watchdogs Legion and Immortals: Fenix Rising for under £50. Heard that the former is no great shakes but I am looking forward to the latter.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just got Yakuza: Like a Dragon and Judgement for under £70.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore It's find of annoying as I picked Judgement up in a sale for PS4 ages ago and haven't played it. I'd be happy to pay a small amount for an upgrade but having to rebuy the game completely is a bit rubbish.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho ahh no way, I guess they didn’t do the auto-upgrade to the PS5 version on Judgement then?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore No upgrade at all which is kind of rubbish; it's not like it's a significant overhaul like Spidey or anything.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho That’s the same with me, I bought it probably in that same sale, played a couple of hours and told myself to clear my backlog before going back.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic