Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 401 to 417 of 417

rockodoodle

@zupertramp I think it is relatively new with Amazon. Gonna guess they will be nearly impossible to find in the wild for a while, but I think if you want one, and have a modicum of patience, you can find one without a scalper or bundled with stuff u don’t need.

rockodoodle

RogerRoger

@rockodoodle Great news, really hoping you enjoy! Should be a huge step up from your PS Vita (and I say that as somebody who freakin' adores his Vita)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Unlucky13

It seems like 90% of the time when I see that someone has founds one these days, its the HFW bundle at Target, like I did. Its not to the point that its easy to get one, but at least it seems like its plausible finally. Just keep checking their stock right as they open for the day, and good luck to everyone who doesn't have one yet.

Unlucky13

zupertramp

@rockodoodle @Unlucky13 yeah I'm kinda looking for a digital-only ps5 so I can give my son my current one with a drive but all I keep coming across is the disc edition HFW bundle. Just a couple days ago I could have bought from Best Buy but $550 is a bit much when I already own the game and don't want a disc drive.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@zupertramp You’re jumping feet first into the all-digital future, eh?

I’m still holding on to the vestiges of the past with my physical games. But I do buy digital sometimes also, when the price is better. I just like having options. Getting up to change discs is a real pain, I’ll admit.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@Th3solution I definitely fought it for awhile, one of those "you can pry discs from my cold dead hands" folks but I've slowly come to embrace the advantages.

A big one being my kids and I can play the same digital game on different consoles at same time. So if we want to hook up on Borderlands or plow into each other on Wreckfest, all without fussing with split screen, that's a big selling point.

Another is the convenience/laziness factor you touched on. I've grown to absolutely hate switching discs. It's even bigger a pain when my son has, say, the Doom 2016 disc in his PS but he's playing Fortnite and I have to try to eject it without being too much a distraction.

The mess that is the PS4 to PS5 upgrade system when using discs also doesn't help.

So yeah, I'm happily all digital at this point. Totally get people's rationale for keeping it old school but I've tapped out.

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@zupertramp Another downside to the disc version PS5 is I don’t care for the whirring sound of the disc in the console when I turn the machine on and/or boot up the game. It’s not that loud, but it’s still enough to grate a tiny bit. So I eject the game disc sometimes at the end of a play session, even when I’m still going to play the game later, just so I don’t have to listen to the last-gen sounding disc drive while it reads the disc on start-up.

Still, it’s a value proposition with physical discs and often being able to buy cheaper. Not to mention the re-sellability, transferability, tangibility and display-ability of ownership.
I’m not trying to convince anyone, just musing about the pros and cons.

And I don’t have kids to share the system or games with, so I hadn’t realized you can have two units playing the same game within the same household. That’s pretty amazing actually.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Unlucky13

I strongly prefer to have discs for a variety of reasons. However, I have switched to often buying sports titles digitally, given that once a new edition comes out, I probably won't play the old one any more.

Unlucky13

InsaneWade

Digital is way convenient, but since I don't trust digital game preservation to be reliable given how it's currently handled I'm staying with physical discs. But, thanks to PS+ a lot of these games are "free" so I don't have to put the disc in to enjoy them. So now I settle with any game I have digitally, find a physical copy if available. Always keep a back up.

Edited on by InsaneWade

InsaneWade

zupertramp

@Th3solution to be honest I don't even notice the drive noise... at least the few times I've used it.

But fwiw I kinda feel better knowing physical discs are still around, even if I stick primarily to digital purchases. So that's something.

Unlucky13

On the PS5, I've had a few times where the digital games have spooked me. As I've gone to save or log out of them, the whole system will freeze for a few seconds, and the screen sometimes goes black. That hasn't happened with any of my games on disc, and it never happened on the PS4 either way.

Unlucky13

rockodoodle

I like discs too, but with so many patches and updates, u have to redownload the whole game anyway. Still like the option of a disk bc u can find copies cheaper than sales.

rockodoodle

Ryall

I bought a PS5 last Thursday and it came on Saturday. This was hours after I got the email stock notified. I tried to get one for the same persons birthday last year and it was not available.

Ryall

Lavalera

@Clankylad Welcome on this side of the fence as well All jokes aside you'll see some familiar faces over here. Some people you see on PX are regular posters on here as well. And have fun with your PS5 it's just like the XsX a very good console

PSNid: Lavalera

WiiWareWave

My guess is, never. PS5's are still rare as Unicorn poop in the states and is still running over $1000 online due to scalpers. At this point, the whole system that's preventing stores from having available stock is the only reason why it's still scalped to high h*ll. Sony is producing enough, but the average person can't just walk into the store and buy one. This whole generation has been one HUGE joke so far, and NOT the funny kind...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Shrek_Realista

PS5's are still rare in Brazil, so I don't know when I'll be able to get mine. I hope soon because I want to play Hogwarts Legacy and RE4 Remake at launch.

Shrek_Realista

Sorry, this topic has been locked.