Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 381 to 400 of 417

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 there are signs that the new car shortage is starting to abate. Some analysts are even predicting a serious drop in used car prices by October for this reason. GPUs are also fairly easy to find. China has been loosening up on COVID restrictions which I imagine must have been having some impact on chip manufacturing. Considering all this and news that Sony says they'll be increasing production, I think you might have a good chance late this year.

I still don't think they'll be readily available on store shelves but online ordering is sure to meet with more success.

Just my glass half full take at the moment.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Unlucky13

@zupertramp I hope that you're right. Eventually, they'll make enough of them. We just have to be patient, unfortunately.

Unlucky13

Anti-Matter

I think I can buy PS5 machine in year 2025.
Better I save my money.

Anti-Matter

Unlucky13

I finally got mine!

Randomly checking the Target App most days at 8am finally paid off. My local store didn't have one, but one about an hour's drive away did, so I got the HFW bundle. I feel like its Christmas and my Birthday for several years in a row rolled into one.

Best wishes to everyone else still trying to find theirs.

Edited on by Unlucky13

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

Thanks guys! I'm seeing how many games I can stuff onto the hard drive now, lol. Along with the two new ones I got today, I'm adding God of War through PS+, MLB the Show and then seeing which other PS4 games that I've already played which have PS5 updates I want to check out.

Unlucky13

nomither6

@Unlucky13 end of an era , could this be the end of “unlucky”13 ??

nomither6

JohnnyShoulder

@Unlucky13 Oh wow, it actually happened! Well done and hopefully you will enjoy your new console and games. Welcome to the next generation!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 Nice! And the HFW bundle is kind of a cool find at that. I'm even a little jealous lol.

Now we have the circus that will be PSVR 2 to look forward to!

Edited on by zupertramp

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Unlucky13

@nomither6 LOL, no. I've been using this name online for more than 20 years. Its become part of who I am now.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

@zupertramp The only downside is that I don't have a disc for the game, which I strongly prefer. Especially for one that I expect to love, given how fantastic the first one is. But a small price to pay.

I did take a moment to figure out how I was supposed to get the game, after I'd set the PS5 up. There's a small piece of paper with a code on it, and it had gotten stuck to one of the pieces of packing styrafoam.

Unlucky13

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 lol, I can imagine the small bit of panic before you found it.

and yeah, I used to be all about having a physical trinket for my most loved games, movies, music etc but then I just got tired of it all. Caring was kind of exhausting frankly. So these days digital is fine. Preferred even. But I definitely get it because I've been there.

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 I’m catching up on some forum threads and so I just now saw this! Congratulations! So happy for you!

You should drop some early impressions over on the other threads about how you like (or don’t like) the user interface, the storefront, the DualSense features, etc, etc.

And you’re ahead of me now since I still haven’t bought HFW. I was planning on a run to Best Buy or GameStop this weekend to browse and if nothing else caught my eye I was halfway planning to just pick up HFW because I’m feeling the mood coming on for an epic open world AAA game. Alas, too many issues arose and so it will have to wait. Which is fine since I have a ton of games in the backlog.

And enjoy the PS+ collection too. It’s a nice group of PS4 games.

As far as going back over PS4 games you already have and have received a boost or full PS5 patch, if you haven’t bookmarked the links below already, I included them for you.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-game-boost-all-major-ps...

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-c...

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Unlucky13

@Th3solution Thank you! I'd read those posts before, but I went over them again last night as well.

So far, I'm loving just about everything about the PS5, with the exception of a lack of easy ability to manually save games. I know that autosave works, but I honestly just feel better doing a manual save every time before I quit.

The PS+ collection is impressive. I actually wasn't aware at first that it had PS5 exclusives in it. I'm trying out lots of games that I hadn't played before.

Unlucky13

render

@Unlucky13 Nice!! Hope you've been enjoying your PS5 over the weekend 😃

render

RogerRoger

@Unlucky13 Excellent news; am so glad you were finally able to get the console you wanted! Here's hoping the experience is everything you were hoping for, and more!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

rockodoodle

Finally was able to get one via Amazon invitation. Tried through Sony and failed to get through last month. Fortunately didn’t cave into GameStop bundle like I did with Series X, tho was considering it. Very excited. First PlayStation home console other than Vita, which I loved.

rockodoodle

zupertramp

@rockodoodle cool! glad you were able to resist the bundles and save some money. Didn't even realize Amazon had an invite system. whatever works these days!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.