Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 101 to 120 of 417

QualityGeezer

@nomither6 I know mate but I have my PC plugged into my TV and have a pad too play games with as I'm useless with a mouse lol but I was genuinely getting so frustrated not being able to get a 5 my mate talked me into it,. Games are usually cheaper as well

QualityGeezer

nomither6

@QualityGeezer thats cool , and the games are indeed cheaper and they have those quirky games as well that u cant find on console ; ill get a PC someday , i've said before that itll be inevitable to have a PC because either consoles are going to reach their peak and come to an end , or sony/ms will become digital games as a service.

but anyway , enjoy the PC !

nomither6

QualityGeezer

@nomither6 I'm disappointed I have too mate I'm a console guy at heart and still not use to my PC it's just depressing you cant get a 5

QualityGeezer

Unlucky13

PC gaming is just too weird and different to me. And PC games crash and slow down and have all other sorts of problems that they generally don't on consoles. I'm just accepting that this is going to be a long dead period for me. And if I end up not being able to play some games for 2.5 to 3 years after they're released, then at least they'll be patched fully by the time I get them.

Unlucky13

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 agreed. In addition, everything that I've missed will be bargain bin prices by then so that's a plus.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Unlucky13

@zupertramp Potentially. They've been much slower to lower prices so far than they otherwise would have been in the past. Given that the situation is going to linger with few people able to buy PS5 systems, I could see them hold prices higher far longer into the future, since they know we'll want to buy the games when we eventually can.

Unlucky13

nessisonett

@Unlucky13 I dunno, my laptop’s over 3 years old now and I can’t remember the last time I had a game really crash on me. Only if I’m emulating PS2 and even then it’s crazy how well it runs in 4K. Obvs from a disc drive.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Unlucky13 I know scalpers have gotten hold of some consoles, but the majority of the 11 million PS5's sold have most likely made their way into genuine gamers hands.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Unlucky13

@nessisonett I don't even attempt to play advanced games on my PCs, and I've had issues since the 90s. I only really play things like Civilization, Sim City, and things of that nature too. And the story is always the same. They start out great and fast, and then gradually get slower, and slower and slower, and even if its the only thing that I'm doing on my PC.

Playstations don't do that. Until they die, they're generally the same from the day I bring them home until the day they're done. My 11 year old PS3 works a lot better for high end games than my 3 year old laptop does for basic ones, and the laptop was top of the line when I bought it.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

@JohnnyShoulder I think that Sony is going to sell far fewer of them over the next two years than they would have without the current situation, though.

Unlucky13

Onigumo

The problem is you USA guys hate chinese market. Everything are going well until you guys start to fight against chinese, and now everyone need semiconducters. I really hope Biden resolve that ***** soon...

Onigumo

nessisonett

@Onigumo Germany are bringing production of semiconductors to Europe. They’ll be more expensive obviously due to having to pay workers an actual wage but at least the world’s supply won’t entirely be from the one source.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Unlucky13

Do you guys think that there's any chance third party developers stop offering free upgrades to the PS5 versions of their games at some point? As in, games that are already out on the market, not future titles. It's something I've been a bit concerned about. Nothing lasts forever.

Unlucky13

Thrillho

@Unlucky13 I can't see that happening. It would surely be better for sales if people are picking up the games for their PS5 with free upgrades rather than double charging.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 I was wondering this too, because now Sony has made it official that all their first party PS4 to PS5 upgrades going forward will be a $10 charge. So I wonder if third party follows suit because to this point most haven’t really charged. I think the backlash from gamers early on was sufficient to scare third party developers. But I have a feeling that the market will drift toward the $10 upgrade fee.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Unlucky13

Th3solution wrote:

@Unlucky13 I was wondering this too, because now Sony has made it official that all their first party PS4 to PS5 upgrades going forward will be a $10 charge. So I wonder if third party follows suit because to this point most haven’t really charged. I think the backlash from gamers early on was sufficient to scare third party developers. But I have a feeling that the market will drift toward the $10 upgrade fee.

I'm not likely to be buying too many PS4 games that I would be too bothered about an update from here on out. For the big ones, I'll just wait until I get a PS5, whenever that is. But I do have a number already that I'd love to play an updated version of, so that's my worry.

Unlucky13

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 Yeah, I have a feeling that the number of existing PS4 games which will get a PS5 upgrade are drying up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nomither6

they're talking about it won't be until 2023 now , im about to bite the bullet and just drop $800 on a PS5 . waiting 3 whole years is nuts .

actually , checking amazon right now for one . screw it .

edit: freaking tax and shipping shot it up to near $1000 , lol , thats hilarious .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

WanderingBullet

They can't even meet demands for the standard PS5 and there are rumours already of a PS5 Pro releasing in 2023/2034. lol

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Unlucky13

@WanderingBullet I thought the same thing. I have to think that the Pro was laid out well before Covid and the chip shortage, but now we'll see what happens with it all.

What would really suck is that those of us who are still waiting for a standard PS5 three years after release can't get one because they reduced production so that they could shift chips to the more expensive 8K model.

Unlucky13

Sorry, this topic has been locked.