Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 3,560

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Thanks! Do you have any plans to play GoW:Ragnarok any time soon?

I'll definitely let you know how frustrating I find Elden Ring for the first 20 hours before my enjoyment starts šŸ¤£, if its as good Bloodborne and Demon's Soul's like people say I'm sure ill become quickly addicted and also an Elden Lord Professional by next week!!

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Iā€™m undecided on how highly to prioritize GoW Ragnarok. I havenā€™t bought it yet. Some of that is because of other gaming projects going on, and honestly some of it is because I seem to have missed the biggest part of the launch hype so Iā€™m in that strange time period where Iā€™ve lost the early adopter zeitgeist but yet the game is still full price. So I will probably take the approach I did with the 2018 game and play it after the hype dies down a little more and the game starts dropping in price. It worked with me for GoW 2018, I loved the game!

After thoroughly playing through Dark Souls Remastered Iā€™m taking a break from Souls-likes for a while (not to imply GoW is at all similar, but more in relation to tackling ER), holding while Iā€™m ahead before potential burn out could kick in. Gotta keep the palate cleansed. But I eagerly anticipate my next one (which will be either DS2 if I can find a cheap copy, or DS3 which I already picked up) and ultimately the crown jewel of Elden Ring. If itā€™s half a good as Demonā€™s Souls, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls then itā€™ll be a treat for you indeed. Itā€™s so true though about the first 20 hours, though. šŸ˜‚ One of the best things I did with DS Remastered was to do a little research on good early builds and weapons, because the ā€œhardā€ part of the From games is definitely the early hours when your so weak and clueless wandering around the world. By hour 20 or so you have a good foothold on enemies and youā€™ve leveled up enough to have a semblance of advantage against most of your foes.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Thrillho

@MaulTsir The hardest part of early Elden Ring is knowing where to go. It kind of sucks when youā€™re low level and most enemies can wipe you out easily, particularly as there are mini-bosses roaming around who youā€™re not supposed to be able to beat early on.

Most people loved the open world nature of the game and while I thought it was amazing to have such freedom, I would actually have preferred a bit more direction.

Good luck though! A very achievable platinum for a From game too if youā€™re into that sort of thing.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett When I was playing efootball, now and again I would get a batch of games people would rage quit. One time when it was 2-2, and I got awarded a penalty, they quit before I even took the penalty! šŸ˜‚

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Thereā€™s nothing worse! At least this new FIFA doesnā€™t let you pause the game before the penalty is taken, it stops people pausing on purpose to try to throw you off. I think I prefer the single player stuff though, the input lag is awful online.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Yeah, so went back to Ghostwire - last time I didn't have my 120Hz VRR screen yet so now I switched it to the "HFR Quality mode with VSync" and it runs really well with ray tracing and all

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan Nice! I have 120Hz but no HDMI 2.1 and still thought it looked great. I can imagine itā€™s quite the looker now!

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer I did notice some bits when the frame rate dipped significantly. Itā€™s not perfect but itā€™s fine most of the time so Iā€™ll keep playing it like this.
Itā€™s the right kind of spooky for me too, as Iā€™m not really into proper horror games.

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan If ever there was a game to have ray tracing turned on, itā€™s this one! I had a lot of fun just learning about all of the different yokai and Japanese culture in general. Almost like an interactive museum, which was way more fun than that makes it sound. Just a heads up too, if youā€™re planning on going for the platinum at all, enter the Hyakki Yako parade every time you see it! Oh, and sneak up on the kids in raincoats when you run into them as well. It can be a real test of patience to generate them later in the game.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Lavalera

@Jimmer-jammer That was exactly the mistake i made during my Plat run, missing the parade. So had to keep running in circles trying to force it to spawn.

But the way you describe the game was also why i liked it. It was also very relaxing in some way to run around and collect the spirits. I still think a lot of people misunderstood the game and just treated it like some linear action game or Far Cry in Tokyo, while its so much more than that.

PSNid: Lavalera

Jimmer-jammer

@Lavalera Yeah, I learned this one the hard way as well. I outright ran from them early on and by the time I figured out how it all worked, well, you know. As for the gameā€™s impact, I couldnā€™t agree more. I thought it was a thematically tight experience and one that, even after fully completing it, I will probably play through again one day. One of the greats in my humble opinion.

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer @Lavalera Glad to hear you liked it. I probably shouldn't try to platinum this one because I simply have to many games to play and I've had this copy of GT (which is not mine) since June, so I should probably give it back sooner than later
Unfortunately so far I'm finding myself checking every rooftop and doing every side mission like in every other open world game, so we'll see about that

Voltan

MaulTsir

Started Elden Ring, done about 2 hours, just getting a feel for the game but man you can just tell when you start a game how much to expect from it and already this game has got me excited to play more!!

MaulTsir

KilloWertz

MaulTsir wrote:

Started Elden Ring, done about 2 hours, just getting a feel for the game but man you can just tell when you start a game how much to expect from it and already this game has got me excited to DIE more!!

There, fixed.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MaulTsir

@KilloWertz yes your right that's what I meant!

I met a huge bear earlier near a big tree and we became close friends! Well I must of had something he wanted because he just kept chasing me around.

MaulTsir

KilloWertz

@MaulTsir The bear was probably just trying to follow instructions. He saw your name on your back and figured he was supposed to maul you.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Post of the week, right there.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

SillyBoyJudas

Halfway through Detroit: Become Human and wow I wish I hadn't shelved this game as long as I had. I really enjoy the story and can see myself doing a second playthrough to choose different actions than I have done. I look forward to Quantic Dream's next game and hope Detroit: Become Human gets a sequel.

SillyBoyJudas

PSN: SillyBoyJudas

MaulTsir

@KilloWertz That must be it, I'll have to change my name, I'm thinking something like HumpAlot? Mabye that will improve the situation šŸ¤”

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic