Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,413

colonelkilgore

Been playing a bit of the Doom: Eternal campaign and that gameplay-loop is so satisfying. I remember thoroughly enjoying 2016 and for whatever reason, it took me a few levels to get back in the swing… but I played through mission 5 tonight and I think everything has started to click again.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I enjoyed DOOM 2016, despite not really being an FPS fan, but I was scared away from Eternal due to reported higher difficulty. They say it can be tough in spots. Do you agree its significantly harder?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I thought it was just me funnily enough… thought that my age had finally started to effect my reflexes 😅… but yes I am finding it noticeably more difficult. Though its nothing that can’t be overcome after a couple of attempts (so far at least).

FPS isn’t my wheel-house either sol… and maybe that is also contributing to the struggle too. Still, I’m enjoying it and fingers crossed I’ll be able to make it through to the end. If you liked 2016 that much I’d definitely reconsider giving the sequel a chance… added difficulty and all.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore I didn’t notice it being particularly harder and there are some quality of life improvements (using the flamethrower to kill enemies to top up ammo for instance).

The teleportation that unlocks at the end of levels to let you go back for collectibles you missed is a good idea too.

My biggest gripe was how poor the story was. An odd gripe for a DOOM game but 2016 had quite a cool plot whereas Eternal buried almost all of it away in text files which meant you were either constantly opening and reading them or, like me, forgetting about them completely.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with 2016’s story. Wasn’t expecting much but it had a sufficient plot.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

Returned to playing Death's Door, great little Indie game, going to play through this before starting my Elden Ring journey.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Congrats on dusting off GoW Ragnarok, by the way and good luck with Death’s Door.
I’ll be really interested in how you get along with Elden Ring.

LN78

Can anybody confirm that the ending of "The Last of Us Part I" has been slightly modified? I don't remember Joel stabbing the surgeon (and therefore setting in motion the events of "Part II") in the operating room being triggered by an unavoidable button prompt in the older versions - I'm pretty sure you could avoid killing him with a well placed bullet to the foot. I could be wrong though - it has been a while since my last playthrough.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

KilloWertz

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

First time ever playing it. I'm roughly 4 hours in and loving it so far. I do wish more of the dialogue was recorded so there wouldn't be conversations where a part of it is voiced and then all of a sudden it's just text, but I'm guessing that's because it was originally a handheld title. I also had to turn off L3 enlarging the mini-map since I was constantly having the min-map enlarged on the screen during combat. The soundtrack is amazing.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

FIFA 23 online kinda reminds me why I don’t bother playing most games online. People rage quit at the drop of a hat so you very rarely actually get a full game. Have to admit it was pretty funny seeing somebody instantly quit the game after I made Alan Shearer do the worm though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I should finish my Crisis Core platinum tonight so a question arises: what's next?

My options include (but aren't limited to):

• Ghostwire Tokyo, which I borrowed from a guy at work many months ago and played for like 10 minutes
  • Gotham Knights
  • Literally anything on PS Plus

I should probably just play Ghostwire without bothering with trophies and give it back

Voltan

LN78

@Voltan I don't know if you have a spare hour to watch it, but a YouTuber called Whitelight has just put out a video called "The Boundless Mediocrity of Gotham Knights". I thought it was a very fair assessment of the game - it's just so profoundly average that it drained my will to live. At least "Ghostwire Tokyo" has (from what I understand) some innovative game mechanics and good ideas - even if the implementation isn't fantastic. There's not a single thing in "GK" that you haven't done before (and better) in half a dozen other games.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Voltan

@LN78 I'm not gonna watch that. I played the trial and thought it seemed like an ok game in a setting I like. I came across a 2nd hand copy of the special edition (nice steelbox) at half price of the regular edition and thought that was a fair price so I bought it and intend to play it eventually
I probably won't bother with getting 100% / platinum unless I end up really liking it.
I got my mind half-set on playing Ghostwire first though.

Voltan

LN78

@Voltan Whatever floats your boat, mate. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad game, it's just dull. So very, very dull.

LN78

Voltan

@LN78 Worst case scenario: I'll play a bit and decide I don't wanna play it anymore. It happened before and it's not a big deal

Voltan

LN78

@Voltan You've already bought it so you might as well play it. The story isn't bad in fairness.

LN78

RogerRoger

@Voltan I'd be super-nervous about keeping a borrowed game longer than necessary! At least it sounds like your colleague is chill about their copy of Ghostwire: Tokyo, though. Was there any particular reason you abandoned it after ten minutes? Are you not sure you'll enjoy the game?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger We just sometimes bring games we finished to the office and see if the other guy wants to play it. I figured I could check it out but I was actually playing something else at the time and then another "priority game" came out, and so on.
Basically I just launched it to see how it looked and figured I'd play it later.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Fair enough! Sounds like a pretty cool and useful arrangement to have. Hope you have fun with the game, and let us know how you get along!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Lavalera

@Voltan Ghostwire Tokyo was one of my favorite games of last year. Top 5 of released games last year for sure. I found the game to be very relaxing and took my time with it exploring the world and learning a lot of stuff about Japanese mythology in the mean time. The game is basically a mix of Folklore/Mythology/Ghost stories in a modern Tokyo setting. The action is fun enough to keep you engaged through the whole game.
So I'll hope you'll enjoy that as much as I did.

PSNid: Lavalera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic