Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 3,560

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore I had it down between Paradise Killer and Beyond: Two Souls as my next game. I ended up going with the latter, but I've been looking forward to playing Paradise Killer for a while now. Even though I don't use it anymore, I actually discovered the game because of Xbox and Game Pass (I will be playing it on my PS5 still). It will likely be my next game after Beyond: Two Souls.

@Th3solution The store on the PS5 is pretty bad overall. I get around the idiotic things about it, but examples like what you said are all too common. You are better off only typing in half of the game's title rather than the whole thing. The file size is way off because it likely combines both versions of a game, and so is the Friends Who Played counter. Nothing that would get me to switch platforms obviously, but they are still annoying things that chip away at what things could be at times.

I guess people got what they wished for though. Plenty of people wanted a complete overhaul of everything because the PS4's UI was old and the store was too cluttered. I'd take cluttered over just pretty on the outside.

As for Paradise Killer, it is supposed to be a pretty odd game character wise, but it got pretty good reviews overall. It's next on my list of games to play.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution well… it’s a “…hyper-stylised neo-noir detective tale with heavy theological overtones…” innit 😉. Nah just joking… it’s a first person detective game that is heavy on exploration. Thematically, it’s quite difficult to pin down but… it’s set on what seems to be the equivalent of a Caribbean archipelago and the characters are totally original but heavily influenced by various pagan historical beliefs. It’s very unique and gripped me within the first 15 minutes.

@KilloWertz so I haven’t played Beyond: Two Souls so I couldn’t comment on whether you’ve made the right decision. This is class though… I’m back at work this morning and all I wanna be doing is getting my ascended-gumshoe on! 😅

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Yeah, I’ve complained about the store before so I’ll try not to sound like a broken record, but in the arena of finding what I’m looking for, it lags way behind storefronts like Amazon or Apple App Store; those stores seem to almost read my mind and knows what I’m looking for before I even know myself. I’ve never even owned a Rockband game (not to mention the game has been completely dead for years) and for some reason Sony wants to sell me tracks for it all the time. It also pulls to the top things like LBP DLC and in-game currency for random games I’ve never even heard of. I’ve never once seen Paradise Killer pop up, and I realize that the game is probably a small indie that won’t get much promotion, but you’d think if I typed in the name of the game it would pop up in the first 5-10 results.

Every major search engine or storefront that I know of has a combination of 1) relevancy AI to show consumers what they are likely to buy, and 2) premium sponsorship that pulls certain items to the top for added screen time in front of the customer. The PS Store seems to have neither very consistently.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Thanks, mate. I’m curious if the game will hold up for you. It definitely sounds unique!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

Yeah me too actually. As it stands I reckon I must be a good chunk of the way through… maybe halfway (there or thereabouts) and today I’m itching to play it which is obviously a good sign.

One thing, I do think I cottoned on to who the killer is pretty quick… though I could turn out to be wrong. Even if I’m right though, the intrigue is more to do with the characters involved and the dynamics and politics between them. Hopefully they’ll land the ending though.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore It would have been quite a funny coincidence to have started Paradise Killer at around the same time as you did since it would have been completely random, but I can join the conversation about it eventually since Beyond: Two Souls isn't that long of course. It's around 12 hours. I'm enjoying it so far, but that's not totally surprising since I loved both Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human. I'm glad Paradise Killer is getting some love too though.

@Th3solution You're definitely not wrong on what the search function of their store should be. It does pop up sometimes, but yeah, way too often are you better off typing in half of the name. Makes no sense as it's not like PlayStation isn't a huge brand. Obviously not as big as Amazon or Apple, but it's almost as if they hired a bunch of people that are still in school learning how to do their job rather than a group of people I had faith in to make system software that works as expected 99.9% of the time like with the PS4.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore If you have, I’ll simply have to kill you 😂

@Th3solution Weird. When I searched for it, it came right up. I’m still not really sure what it is either but I’ve been really digging some of the off-beat indie selections I’ve tried over the years, and even when they disappoint, I rarely wish I had never tried them.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer ‘common’ dual-sense… how very dare you!

Still, if someone can play any games, let alone From Soft games with a banana (or two)… I guess ‘common’ is right.

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

Read all the comments on this and the preceding page and I haven't got a clue what most of you are going on about.

😝

Anyway, Stray, what a delightful little game. Gives me some serious The Last of Us vibes, in terms of atmosphere and seeing a city being corrupted by organic creatures, and in other ways as well. It's a tad confusing at times but I guess that's what it must be like being a cat!

It's visually one of the most impressive games I've played on the PS5 and hearing and feeling one's controller purr really is the cat's pyjamas. I'm mainly playing this now, with some GotG (fun game) and GT 7 on the side.

If you have Extra or Platinum, then no excuse. Play it. Now.

😉

Col_McCafferty

RogerRoger

I'm back in Hitman III, tidying up unclaimed trophies and unlocking helpful weapons and gadgets ahead of the new map dropping. Now that the music bug's been fixed, playing this on PS5 is sublime. I'm not the biggest fan of the new Arcade Mode, though; having the Elusive Targets return is great, but they've been tweaked to make them even harder than before. I understand why, and that's cool an' all, but a couple have been outright broken as a result, and the come-back-in-24-hours insta-fail restrictions are needlessly frustrating. Not sure I'll see many of them through to completion, if I'm honest.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

...aaaand sorry for the double post but, after discussing it elsewhere in the forums, I've also decided to return to Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut and start a NG+ playthrough. It took a while to get settled back into the controls and abilities and various menus, and so I only opted to tackle a low-level mission and some other busywork, but it won't be long 'til I'm comfortable enough to continue in earnest.

I love the look of the NG+ merchant's special trinkets. He's got a couple of charms which I'm desperate to save up for, including one which allows Jin to befriend enemy dogs and turn them into allies.

Doesn't seem like I'm able to settle to any one game at the moment, which is weird for me. Oh well.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger wrote:

I love the look of the NG+ merchant's special trinkets. He's got a couple of charms which I'm desperate to save up for, including one which allows Jin to befriend enemy dogs and turn them into allies.

Wait, what?! I had not planned on going back to this game, but that sounds game plan changer to me!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DETfaninATL

Currently playing BRIGHT MEMORY: Infinite.Really good FPS and especially considering it was made by one person. Just got done with RAJI: An Acient Epic. I was also really quite impressed with that as well. I'd recommend both to fans of either type of game.

DETfaninATL

Elodin

Anyone play dungeon of naheulbeuk or spell force 3? im deciding between the 2 to pick up on sale.

Elodin

CJD87

@RogerRoger NG+ is on my 'to-do' list, and I might actually give it a go after R3Make. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, GoT is truly an awesome game

CJD87

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, starting NG+ skips the prologue and gets underway with Jin on horseback, heading towards the first two recruitment map markers. You're directed to a new merchant called Baku the Voiceless, who has NG+ exclusive Armour, Armour Dyes, Hats, Masks, and Charms. He only accepts 'Ghost Flowers' as payment, which are awarded to you for completing tasks you've already completed in your previous playthrough, avoiding unnecessary reward duplication.

Some of the Charms are actually Curses which make the game much harder (stuff like enemies never dropping ammo or resources, or making enemy attacks realistic one-hit kills) but the positive Charms sound like they'll be a heck of a lot of fun to experiment with. The most appealing include...

Charm of Blazing Flame
The Way of the Flame inflicts additional damage, and heavy attacks spread the fire to nearby enemies.

Charm of Steadfast Fire
Greatly increases the length of time you can use Way of the Flame.

Charm of Distraction
When performing Iron Will, wind gusts and hornets will distract and damage enemies.

Charm of Heavenly Rebuke
On performing Heavenly Strike, there is a chance for lightning to strike nearby enemies.

Charm of Canine Recruitment
If you sneak up on a Mongol dog, you can pet it. The dog will then become your ally, stealthing and fighting alongside you against enemies.

...so basically, Jin can recruit his own D-Dogs.

@CJD87 I've been on a weird journey with Ghost of Tsushima, but right now I think I feel the most excited to be playing it, and the most prepared to fully engage with all it has to offer. I'm also considering giving the Legends multiplayer mode a try, because I've heard great things about it. Will definitely keep y'all updated; I hope that, if you do start NG+ soon, you enjoy yourself!

Making It So Since 1987

Lavalera

@RogerRoger That sounds like a very fun way of a NG+ implementation. I just finished the game about 4 months ago, so still to fresh to replay it, but this makes me enthusiastic about replaying it through NG+ some day. That game is by far my most favorite game i played this year. Every moment i played i actually felt like i was Jin and not someone playing it, i got so hooked up in the story. Sure at the start i had to get used to the combat, but once i did, the experience was awesome. I hope when i replay it i get the same feeling again

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@Lavalera It's one of the better NG+ modes I've played, that's for sure. Obviously they can't make wholesale alterations to the campaign, otherwise it'd defeat the point of the exercise, but the fact that they've made more than a few subtle tweaks really helps.

And yes, I feel the same way about Jin! Definitely one of my favourite first-party protagonists, and one heck of a compelling character who's easy to empathise with and inhabit.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic