Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 3,583

Gremio108

It's so good. Surprisingly tricky though. Because I had it on the Game Boy way back when, I thought I'd breeze through it. That's not proving to be the case so far...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 @Thrillho Another fan of Tetris Effect here. @Ralizah and I played it at launch and did try to promote it back then on the forum, but I think it released around some other big games which stole the spotlight.

I actually haven’t played it since launch and I know it has had some updates, including some multiplayer aspects or something, so I need to reboot it up. I kept my disc because it’s definitely a game for the collection that can be returned to ad infinitum

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JudgeDredd Urgh, that's an awful ragequit ratio. Sorry you got paired up with so many jerks.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Col_McCafferty

In addition to almost daily sessions with GT 7 playing Returnal (although not making much progress lol), Judgement, finished Man of Medan and just started GotG with Stray two days away, I think I might have a problem!

I don't usually juggle so many games at the same time but it's suiting my needs at present. Maybe it will be this way until God of War: Ragnarok* comes out in November. Extra is part of my growing ongoing games and there is *Little Hope next on my list.

Gaming is pretty darned good at present.

😉

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty I feel the exact same way! Thanks to this very very good PS Plus lineup (at least with PS4/PS5 stuff, the retro offerings less so), I’ve been playing way too many things at once. Decided to try for the AC Unity platinum as I fancied playing it again after seeing my mum playing it, just finished both Thomas Was Alone and Minit, still putting time into Tetris Effect and a bit of EFootball, plugging away at Demon’s Souls, playing an awful lot of Descenders, plus both Sniper Elite 5 and Crusader Kings 3 when I can be bothered. It’s indeed a good time to have a PlayStation. It’s similar to how I felt when I first tried Game Pass and instantly had access to big games like The Outer Wilds and Forza Horizon 4 alongside loads of great smaller indie games. I had that on my laptop though so there was always the concern that they might not run brilliantly, whereas I know that they’ll be fine on PS5.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I got myself a wee bit over extended too, having my main game Immortals just underway and still have intentions of finishing BioShock 2 and Slay the Spire, both from Game Club that I enjoyed but just didn’t finish, and then having started GotG also this weekend, it’s starting to be a lot.

Honestly, I think GotG is going to bubble up to the top as my main game now. It seems like it’s going to be so good. I bought it on sale a while back and had been holding onto it for a rainy day.
I haven’t even upgraded my PS Plus to Extra yet and I still have so much to play.

Since you just finished Man of Medan, how did you like it? (Forgive me if you dropped some impressions somewhere else on here and I missed it.) I never really intended to play the Dark Pictures Anthology because the reviews seemed pretty low on it, esp. M of M, but now that I have it through PS+ I looked at trailers and it actually seems good. There’s not a lot of those choice styled thriller games outside of what Supermassive is doing, along with Quantic Dream so I was considering giving M of M a try one day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution That is why I try to only play one game at a time now. I understand some get burnt out if a game is really long (I have come close to that with some), but it's much simpler to just play one at a time. That way I don't have to try to decide which one to play and I'm much more likely to finish whatever it is I am playing. Whatever that may be after I finish replaying Uncharted 4 (three chapters to go).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Man of Medan was....okay, short, characters not too annoying, lots of jump scares, cheesy as hell but it was alright. It didn't put me off playing the next installment.

You could easily finish it in one or two sittings.

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

Well Stray is a bit of alright isn’t it? Dripping in atmosphere, controls well and it’s just a joy to run around as a cat. Part of me wishes they didn’t have the robot talking to you and kept it strictly to environmental storytelling though!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

edwinjoe450

@nessisonett completely agree, really liked how the environments tell their own story, but I guess you have to have some sort of navi character in the game

edwinjoe450

ApostateMage

Scratching rugs with L2 R2 on Stray. Honestly, I spent the first half an hour just playing with the other cats. Delightful game.

ApostateMage

MaulTsir

Concrete Genie, I needed a small relaxing game in between Demon Soul's, CoD and Fortnite sessions and wow what a really good game it is. Enjoying it alot more than I thought I would. I'm no artist though tbh so my paintings absolutely stink!

Glad everyone is getting along with Stray, I've heard alot of good things from other people. In all honesty it's not one that I'd ever have on my list but just like concrete genie I will definitely give it a look one time.

MaulTsir

Lavalera

@MaulTsir Glad to hear you're enjoying it too. I'm in the same boat with it. Not creative at all and wasn't sure if i would like it that much, but i ended up getting the platinum for it eventually. It's a very relaxing game and it's a good thing you don't get judged based on the drawings you make haha.

Stray i don't like as much as i thought i would. It's not a bad game or anything, but the platforming is pretty basic and the puzzles generally pretty easy and straigforward. I was hoping it had more of an impact than it does. Not done yet but from i've heard from people who finished it, it doesn't really pickup. So for me its like one of those 7/10 games which i prolly forget i played it in a year. I had plans on making it my 10th platinum but seeing i have to finish the game in 2 hours for that, i'm going to skip it and find something else for my 10th.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

Just booted up Paradise Killer. I’ve heard really good things about it so 🤞.

**** DLC!

Elodin

Enjoying Stray. Also fun to watch my daughter play it as well. She hands the controller off to me for the challenging zurk parts.
Side question: for premium game trials, do they start as soon as download or when you start playing the game?

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

colonelkilgore

So I probably got around 5 hours in on Paradise Killer and… it’s great!

It’s like some kind of hyper-stylised neo-noir detective tale with heavy theological overtones… and it works beautifully. As someone who generally prefers games of the action-oriented variety, I was looking for something a bit more chill today and after initially settling on the brilliant if short-lived The Artful Escape, I decided to try this. I actually like this more! Great characters, awesome exploration… and just oozes style by fusing various visual and audio styles.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore “…hyper-stylised neo-noir detective tale with heavy theological overtones…” This sounds like it was made for me 😂 I also just recently finished and enjoyed The Artful Escape…let’s just say you’ve sold me on whatever this is. Thanks!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Voltan

Stray is very nice so far

Voltan

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer I also have never heard of Paradise Killer and it piqued my interest enough to search for it.

And may I say — the PlayStation Store search function is stupid. I typed in the full name of the game and it was like the 15th result, way down the list, after unrelated results like “Squad Killer”, “Burnout Paradise Remastered”, “Pipe Push Paradise”, “Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle”, Buffet’s “Cheeseburger in Paradise” and Queen’s “Killer Queen” for Rockband, “LBP3 Tiki Paradise Asset Pack”, etc, etc.
You literally can’t type in the entire title and go straight to the game. It’s ridiculous. The search logic for the store is just flat broken.

Anyways, rant over — as far as Paradise Killer goes, I’ve read the description and watched the trailer and I’m still not sure what the game is. 😅

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic