Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,502

KilloWertz

Paradise Killer

The reviews saying that the first hour or so is a bit overwhelming weren't wrong, but now that I seem to have gotten passed that and am actually going through the investigation, things are going a lot more like I had thought they would. I'm hoping it sticks the landing.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Bentleyma

I’m playing No Man’s Sky. I can’t get over how good it is now. It went from a game with barley anything to do, to a game with what seems like a near endless amount of content.

Untitled

It’s amazing to me that I can leave the planet I’m on, fly through space and explore those other two planets, all without a load screen.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

ApostateMage

Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm playing it on easy because I think that the combat I'd actually the weakest part of the game so I wanna get through those fights quickly.
I'm not into all the Marvel or any superhero stuff at all but this game is just good fun with some genuinely witty dialogue and great voice acting.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @CJD87 @Lavalera Photographic proof of Jin's awesome NG+ doggo powers...

Untitled

Untitled

From what I can tell, you can recruit as many as possible, and once they're on your side, they can't be harmed by the enemy. They yelp and roll when hit, but always get back up. You can't damage them either, meaning you're safe to strike somebody whilst they're being chewed on. They can kill all by themselves, without any input from you, and disappear once you've completed the outpost / dojo / wherever.

@Bentleyma Wowzers, that's one heck of a screencap! I'm glad to hear that No Man's Sky has finally come good. I jumped in after its initial rescue, but it still felt a little barren and aimless. I've loved the sound of its incremental updates, though, so am determined to return someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks for the pics! RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I thought you might get the reference! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Lavalera

@RogerRoger That is absolutely brilliant. Wish more games would implement fun ng+ gimmicks like that Usually when finishing a game in done and I don't often replay a game. But with these cool things? Hell yeah

PSNid: Lavalera

CJD87

@RogerRoger Ha! Oh mate.... that does look pretty decent. NG+ is on my to-do list for Ghost, wouldn't mind a revisit this year potentially. Enjoy

CJD87

sorteddan

I have also been playing through Ghost of Tsushima recently. Just got to act 3 after around 40 hours or so! Trying to complete almost everything as I go so there is less to clean up post-game. Yeah I like just about all of it. I'm enjoying filling in the map and absolutely adore chasing the foxes around (always make sure to pet them afterwards).
The only gripe I've got is the haiku bit, I took the first couple seriously - trying to make it sound profound or something. Now I just pick the nearest circle and really don't care.
Hopefully can get it wrapped up in the next few days.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@Lavalera I haven't tried any of the other charms yet (the doggo one cost 25 Ghost Flowers and cleaned me out, and then I couldn't find any dogs) but I'm looking forward to some of the spectacular-sounding ones, if only to help me muck about with Photo Mode even more than usual. It's still Ghost of Tsushima, but it's nice to know that there's something unseen out there for me to work towards, even if it's relatively small and makes such a minor impact on the overall experience.

@CJD87 Thank you, will do!

@Bentleyma I think the addition of a Photo Mode (combined with a cheap sale price) is what got me to give it a shot before, and I managed to take a small handful of shots, but it felt quite limited. I'm sure it's been upgraded in line with the game itself, as evidenced by your second amazing shot there!

@sorteddan Some of the foxes run off after I've prayed at their shrine! And I know what you mean about the haiku; whilst I enjoy trying to craft something that at least makes sense, I was disappointed when I realised that the headband you get as a reward doesn't change depending on your composition. Maybe I was asking too much of the game, but it just goes to show how immersive and impressive Ghost of Tsushima really is, that you expect it to be capable of such detail. Best of luck wrapping everything up and keeping your map tidy, and I hope you enjoy the finale!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Stray. I upgraded to PS Plus Extra for the rest of the month and downloaded it earlier.

It is pretty good so far, loving the vibe and the cat is super neat to play as.

sorteddan

I was playing Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition which was one of the most relaxing, chilled and calming gaming experiences I have had...

Then I played Returnal which certainly wasnt!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MB81

Started playing Death Stranding Directors Cut this week.
Wow, what a game. Totally unique and without doubt the most beautiful game I’ve played - those landscapes! I’ve actually turned off the social features and a lot of the indicators off the hud, much more cleaner that way.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

R1spam

Just tried out the first couple of levels of sifu, my god this game is stunning but hard AF! The art style is fantastic. Hitting the club level in my 60s is not a good look, that first boss messed me up! Great use of haptics and real weight behind attacks. I'm not sure I'll ever finish on the og difficulty but will certainly give the opening level another couple of go's before changing any difficulty.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

MattBoothDev

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Stray. I upgraded to PS Plus Extra for the rest of the month and downloaded it earlier.

It is pretty good so far, loving the vibe and the cat is super neat to play as.

There's just so many "cat things" that you can think of that you can do. "Can I knock this can of paint over?" Yep! "Can I scratch that sofa?" Yep! "Can I trip this guy up by walking under his feet?" Yep!

The moments of rest are quite tranquil, too and each one is different.

MattBoothDev

PSN: MattBoothDev

JohnnyShoulder

@MattBoothDev I spent far too long tripping over robots!

Glad you enjoyed it also, I think it has been a success too.

CJD87

@R1spam I had SIFU as my 'filler game' to pass a couple of weeks whilst waiting for Elden Ring to drop.

Honestly, I found it remarkably difficult..... !

I understand that the difficulty was a huge selling point, but it almost felt brutally unfair at times - and I struggled to work around the controls also.

I know a couple of people who got the platinum (pre-patch, OG Difficulty!!) and just can't understand how it was done. I beat the game, just about, but didn't feel compelled to push for the Plat.

What level have you made it to? The boss at the end of Lvl3 was constantly aging me from mid-30s to early 60s!!!

CJD87

Thrillho

@MB81 It is a fantastic experience and looks stunning on PS5 too.

There is a dedicated thread on here for the game if you want to post thoughts on it as you go as it’s one of those games that is fun to see other people play through!

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/death_stranding

I think it’s fairly spoiler free and the latest page only has a couple of posts that won’t ruin anything.

Thinking about going for the platinum?

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic