Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 161 to 180 of 185

Jackpaza0508

Well, I'm waiting for Oddworld Soulstorm to download! Other than that, Tony Hawk 1 + 2 is a great time and the new Fortnite season is pretty cool!

Clubhouse Games is a 10/10 don't @ me
Animal Crossing dream address=DA-0517-3669-6347

hypnotoad

Don't think much of Oddworld.
I had the 1st one one PS1 and didn't think much of that either.

Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

WCB

Finally got around to Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 this week and just got the platinum after speedrunning the NG+. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

WCB

Total_Weirdo

Mainly PS4 games but not sure if they upscaled on PS5 but I have recently finished Crash Bandicoot 1,2 & 3 after many swear words! lol Just finished Until Dawn and now started Detroit become human which might have a PS5 patch as it looks gorgeous.

Total_Weirdo

PSN: Total_Weirdo

nessisonett

@Total_Weirdo It’s strange, after finally finishing Crash 3 last week I’d honestly say that Crash 2 was the only one I really ‘enjoyed’.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Thrillho

@RubyCarbuncle I'm looking forward to it! I only got round to playing New 'n' Tasty last year (having picked it up at the beginning of the PS4 lifecycle) and the original has a special place in my heart.

I only have vague memories of Exodus so it'll be interesting to see what they've done here.

Thrillho

TraCuz-

@WCB Nice! Miles Morales was a nice bite sized AAA experience which I just platinumed myself recently, and I gotta say that ending hit just as hard the 2nd time as it did the 1st.

TraCuz-

RubyCarbuncle

@Thrillho Honestly it's years since I played the original so I can't recall the screen you mean. I can say however the game is difficult the moment you start and you're going to die a lot like before.

RubyCarbuncle

PSN: Friends only | Twitter:

RogerRoger

It's a shame Hitman III is still within its first six months, because I'm encountering quite a few bugs and glitches which I know will be ironed out eventually. Music keeps cutting out whenever I enter a new section of the map (apparently this has been a "known issue" since launch), there was a large boat in Bangkok which started to perform rapid barrel-rolls whenever I looked at it, and all my screencaps are coming out fuzzy and pixelated. When I think back to how well these older levels played in Hitman II on the PS4, it makes me appreciate that IO Interactive have obviously done some serious rebuilding for the newer hardware, but it also makes me wonder what the heck the problem is.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@Thrillho Whoah that was cool lol
The difference between this and Soulstorm that is immediately apparent is that it Soulstorm has these large levels it scrolls through 2.5D style (sometimes you will see other parts of the level in the background which is pretty cool) rather than passing between these rooms/small sections. The environments are pretty nice. I think I'm on level 3 now (a couple hours in) and there hasn't been a part where the other guys follow you yet. There was a part where you open a path for them and then have to fend off the baddies while they escape (and there's like 200 of them escaping). Otherwise it was a lot of trying not to get killed (and often failing).

Voltan

Voltan

There's one thing I noticed about Soulstorm that I didn't like. Checkpoints never update your state when you go through them a second time, unless you've been to another checkpoint in the meantime. This is probably a non-issue in most case but there was this one place where I notice a potential secret passage only after activating a nearby checkpoint - I went there, found one of those glowing things, came back, continued the level, inevitably died and... upon respawn I had to go "find" the secret area again because it reverted to the state from before finding it.
A minor complaint really but I feel like the game should've recognized that I found a secret area when I passed the checkpoint again and saved my progress.

Voltan

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Yeah, the music glitch is an annoying one. Haven’t had too many other problems other than NPCs accidentally falling off buildings and stuff.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Thrillho

@Voltan Some of those changes sound the same as those for New ‘n’ Tasty. Having the screen scroll rather than load individual screens made things easier, as did the fact you could take a few hits before dying rather than anything killing you instantly.

Having quick save on NnT also made a huge difference as they introduced it for Exoddus.

@RubyCarbuncle Yeah man, crazy it’s that long ago!

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I don't think there's any kind of manual save in Soulstorm (unless I missed it)

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic