Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 3,548

nessisonett

@Voltan It lets you just follow markers if you want to but you’ll probably stumble across all sorts of wonderful side stuff and opportunities along the way. Very much like Hitman in that regard.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett That’s what I was thinking. It wouldn’t make much sense for the maps to be this open if you were just supposed to follow a path. Anyway, first impressions are rather good.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Started Spider-man Miles Morales, and it is good fun so far. Love the combat and traversal. My only gripe so far is that I find the VA for Miles a bit annoying at times. After trying all 3 graphics modes, I've settled for RT performance. All though Fidelity mode didn't feel as sluggish as other games I've played on PS5 at 30fps, the other two modes at 60fps did feel loads better.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Had another session of couch co-op on It Takes Two this afternoon... and the more I play of it the more I think the Game Awards got their Game of the Year spot on this year.

I also started Resogun. Never fancied it during the whole of the PS4 generation but my mind has done a complete 180 on 2D games lately, so I’m giving a lot of these games a go for the first time. I’m not very good at it... but I love it. Only had around an hour with the game but can’t wait til I boot it back up... massively addicting!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Adem87 maybe eventually but from what I gather R⭐️ only have plans to release a PS4 physical version right now (which I’ll agree with you... sucks). I’m waiting for a decent price on the PS5 digital version and then if it ever does get a PS5 physical version, I’ll end up picking that up as and when I see it for a decent price too.

**** DLC!

Adem87

@colonelkilgore I was under the assumption that the PS5 was getting a physical release as well. Extremely disappointed that that is not the case now. I doubt the price of the digital version will come down anytime soon. I'm still undecided especially after the trilogy has been hammered on the youtube reviews.

Adem87

colonelkilgore

@Adem87 yeah well there’s plenty of games to play in the mean time until the GTA Trilogy Remastered is included in one of the copious PSN Store sales... add it to your wishlist and forget about it for a while, you’ll get a notification of it being temporarily reduced before you know it 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I've been mucking around on Miles Morales these past couple of days, and it did take me a second to readjust to its 30fps Fidelity Mode, which is what I completed it on. I think I'm slowly getting more and more accustomed to playing things at 60fps but, you're right, Miles Morales doesn't feel prohibitively awkward at the lower framerate, and I was back into the swing of things in no time.

Glad you're enjoying the game! It's a very good thing to be playing it over Christmas! Have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It is the first game I've played on PS5 which felt playable at 30fps when given the option to switch to 60fps. I can still see myself always going for the higher frame rate, as I find the difference more noticeable than playing at slighty lower resolution.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the Spidey games are gorgeous enough to be able to take a graphical hit and still look outstanding, so it's nice to have the option.

Are you playing it on a big 4K television, just out of interest?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah had my 4K TV for about 2 years now.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Sweet. I've heard that people's tolerance (or lack thereof) for different framerates and resolutions can depend on their display of choice. Not just in terms of "cruddy old HD Ready television can't do certain things, so I don't miss 'em" but also in terms of "this ultra-sharp TV is too big for my eyes to keep up with such detail in 60fps, so I've had to dial things down" as well.

Making It So Since 1987

ItsIncognito

I am playing at the moment Assassin's Creed Odyssey and loving it.

ItsIncognito

munkholt

Kena: Bridge of Spirits. On story difficulty, because, damn, some of those bosses …! (and I guess I just never got gud). It's pretty great, though.

Crossing fingers for that AC Origins upgrade next (I only just replayed it, but I skipped the DLC this time around in the hopes of some sweet 60fps), but we'll see what the sale brings tomorrow. I still have Disco Elysium to fall back on.

Edit: Oh, hi, FFVII Remake PS5-upgrade.

Edited on by munkholt

munkholt

jdv95

to anyone who played scarlet nexus and dlc,are the new bond episodes meant to be played after beating the game?

jdv95

RaZieLDaNtE

Hey there fellow gamers.
Kinda late, but I started Deathloop on the same day that I finished GoTG, great game btw, wich was like a week ago. Really enjoying myself with this, just like I knew I would. It´s an Arkane studios game. They don´t make bad games imo. I have already defeated 7 Visionaries (Bosses), since Juliana also counts, but not in a single day. Only 4. But I´m getting closer and closer to figuring out how to break the loop.
I´m also kinda farming some of the Visionaries for the Slabs, characther abilities and weapon upgrades. For some of them, I already have a good enough route to get to them fast and quietly. Some times I just go guns blazing, because why not. Very fun game. I´ve also invaded and took out few people as Juliana...... It´s fun and funny at the same time. Shame this might be the last Arkane game on a Playstation system. But it is a really good one at least.
Cheers, stay safe, stay classy and happy gaming to us all

"Don't regret your past, learn from it. Regrets just make a person weaker".

"Solid Snake"

"Want to be a stronger person? Live the moment of your Present, don´t forget your Past and use it to build up your Future."

"RaZieLDaNtE"

Gremio108

I've been able to properly have a play with my new PS5 this morning. Absolutely love it. Had a tinker with the settings and also started Astro's Playroom. What a beautiful thing it is. Possibly one of mankind's greatest achievements.

I've spent the last hour watching the little one play Ratchet and Clank, it's fantastic. I've got AC Valhalla and (the one I'm really looking forward to) Demon's Souls sitting there as well. Best Christmas ever.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

HallowMoonshadow

Oh you got a PS5 @Gremio108? Congratulations! Really looking fprward to try Astro's Playroom with the universal praise it gets.

I look forward to seeing the wizardy you can come up with in Demon's and Ratchet's photo mode too!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah I'm looking forward to Demon's Souls' photo mode I must admit. You'll adore Astro, it's superb.

I've had that PS5 sitting in the top of the wardrobe since November, it's good to finally be able to enjoy it!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Enjoy your time with your shiny new console, I've had a blast playing it over the last 12 months! You've got some good games to show off what the console can do there, and in R & C and Demon's Souls two of the best lookers too! I've yet to play Ratchet and Clank but will be picking it up in the not too distant future.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic