Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,445

sorteddan

@Voltan
Probably does. I just stopped buying new releases when the new console came out knowing id rather have a bunch of stuff to get to when I got my hands on one

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

Anyways, just so I can now be a 'proper' participant in this thread... I have just started playing Astrobot whatever its called. Only about 20mins in and, my goodness, what a joyful little thing. Has had me grinning and chuckling plenty already, and I don't particularly go for 3D platformers usually. Anyhow am very sleep deprived so gonna nap for a bit and hopefully get some more game time this evening.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

hypnotoad

@Sorteddan It's a fantastic game.
Some call it a tech demo - it's not.
It's a proper game.

hypnotoad

JohnnyShoulder

Voltan wrote:

@Sorteddan To be fair Hades probably runs just fine on PS4, considering it was originally a Switch release... but PS5 is the only version that uses adaptive triggers when petting the dog!

That's sold it for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

hypnotoad

Had a quick go of Streets Of Rage 4.
Quality.

hypnotoad

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost I just finished (and platinum’d) R&C Rift Apart and next I was planning Demon’s Souls but I think I’m going to tidy up a couple stragglers I never finished. First up Rime and maybe 13 Sentinels. I’m not sure which way the wind will blow and I feel a little empty after finishing Rift Apart, honestly. It’s weird because that’s not a really heavy game that I would have expected to linger in my consciousness, but it kinda is.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Qu1n0n3z

@velio84 Really? I played like 30mins this morning but not sure if I want to continue tbh. Feels weird after Prey and Alien Isolation.

Qu1n0n3z

NedStarksGhost

@Th3solution nice one on the platinum. I was similar after Rift Apart, the story moved me far more than I expected. Really enjoyed it.

NedStarksGhost

colonelkilgore

Played through a good chunk of Guardians of the Galaxy… and quite enjoying it. It feels like the ultimate Telltale game (like if Telltale had a AAA budget… and gameplay instead of QTE’s), which is quite ironic considering that they did actually make a GotG game. I might actually pick the Telltale GotG game up if I can find a copy, just out of pure curiosity what with playing through this currently.

In regards to the Eidos-Montreal version, the story and characters are absolutely brilliant, the art design is phenomenal, the music choices are great… and the gameplay is very mediocre (though far, FAR better than the gameplay in a Telltale game). Even though I have often spoke about my gameplay first mentality, the overall package is winning me over a bit on this one.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I didn’t think the gameplay was bad but it’s definitely not the highlight here!

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore how’s Guardians of the Galaxy? I have it waiting in the wings but have been waylaid by Hades.

@Sorteddan think it’ll be worth the wait for ya! I’m really enjoying it and didn’t have any particular excitement for it. I’ve been discovering a lot of very smart design decisions throughout.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

hypnotoad

I'm still playing Death's Door and Returnal and even though I'm ***** at both, they're brilliant games and I'm loving them both.

hypnotoad

colonelkilgore

@Voltan I just find it very basic tbh… by no means terrible but extremely average. As I’ve said though, it isn’t negatively affecting the experience though as the overall product is just so good

@Jimmer-jammer so as I’ve said mate, imho the gameplay is nothing to write home about but apart from that I rate everything else extremely highly. Even though this is a (slightly) different representation of the Guardians to the MCU, I actually feel like I’m playing through a really good (like really good) Marvel cosmic movie. It’s not necessarily the experience that I’m generally after in terms of gaming but I’m enjoying it all the same.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

Just rolled the credits on Guardians of the Galaxy. A really fitting end to the story and some of the best dialog in the game. Now I’ve got to see how I’m going to clean up the last of the trophies as they don’t seem to be a way to see which collectibles I’m missing from each chapter.

render

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore ha! I somehow missed your impressions right above my reply. Looking forward to it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

SoulChimera

Blood Dragon Classic Edition.

I completely forgot how funny this game is. Brilliant stuff.

SoulChimera

sorteddan

@Voltan
Well after the 20-30 mins of Astrobot that just charmed me, I booted up Spider-Man MM and played that for an hour or so which was pretty much as I expected it would be. Have been at work all day till now so I haven't had too much time on it so far, still getting to grips with the new UI.
Have already bought Hades coz was cheap on Amazon, so that, the three games I got with it and the PS+ stuff I have added throughout the year mean I, quite happily, already have a backlog of 5-10 games before I even get to the trade in voucher I've had from CEX for quite a while.

Problem is I'd already planned my next three platinum so am gonna have to get back to PS4, because changing my plans would cause me anguish! Ah first world problems eh?

Thanks for asking.

Adem87

Can anyone confirm that the physical copy of the GTA Trilogy remastered will be released for the PS5 as well or just for the PS4?

Adem87

Voltan

I started Deathloop. I’ll probably take this one kinda slow and play it in bits over an extended period, rather than going all in for a week or so. The mission structure seems to be kinda encouraging it so far but I haven’t even completed a whole day yet so I could be wrong.
I really like the map design with its multiple routes to every objective. The environment looks fantastic too. I’m using the default graphics mode (which I guess is performance as it runs very smoothly). Voice acting is simply great, especially for Colt.
So far it’s been very straightforward and objective-based - which is probably a good thing for me in this kind of game (although I don’t mind solving puzzles). I guess some were worried about this.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic