Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 3,586

Turismo4GT

I just set up my brand new PS5 early this morning and had a go at Astro's Playroom. What a blast!

Turismo4GT

ChadR

I'm not really into Astro but the controller demo and the game is a eye opener for what the dualsense can do.

ChadR

NedStarksGhost

My partner bought me Guardians of the Galaxy and Far Cry 6 for Christmas (she's insane generous)

Gave them both a go and really enjoyed what I've played so far. Guardians definitely nails the dialogue and stuff

NedStarksGhost

MightyDemon82

Finally finished Resident Evil 3 remake last night and now picking up where I left off with Chicory which is fantastic!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

Train Sim World 2 is horribly addictive. Help me. Damn you Sammy.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

Death's Door. Almost finished it. The controls are horrible and objectively dumb. Also I'm tired. So we'll see if I manage to beat the boss tonight.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Started It Takes Two. It's alright so far, and I like the opportunity for multiplayer with my partner. Most often we play single player games and alternate who's playing, because most multiplayer games can't be played split screen.

We're only an hour in and so far it's alright. I haven't been blown away in any way or whatsoever. Does the game get better the further you get, or is this it? Need to get my expectations in check, after seeing this game win GOTY.

Kidfried

Col_McCafferty

Finished A Plague Tale the other day, really enjoyed this grim yet beautiful game up until the final chapter. Ha, it became decidedly more difficult and frustrating. It was a good game though, can understand the The Last of Us comparisons. Speaking of which....

Started a second playthrough of Part II on PS5. As a game, it's really good and the reduced loading times, improved framerate and quiet fan improve the experience further. Going to try and explore every nook and cranny and see how long I last on Hard before dropping the difficulty. I completed TLoU on Hard so think I should be able to do the same with II.

Col_McCafferty

jdv95

@Col_McCafferty that last boss in a plague tale was frustrating.

realy good game though. a AA game with the appeal of a AAA game sony style.

jdv95

Col_McCafferty

@jdv95 Oh yeah but it was the section with the cart and archers that frustrated me the most. I died so many times I was starting to think I would never do it!

Col_McCafferty

render

@Kidfried It Takes Two does get better as you go. I personally loved that it was a true coop game needing both players to complete the puzzles and that some of them really are quite clever. The environments are really fun to explore as well and a lot of the trophies hang off of just doing random things that aren’t part of the story which I thought was fun.

It really does bring some nice ideas to the table and is easily in my top 10 of games released this year, but wouldn’t be my GotY.

render

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried I’ll back @render up here… it’s so creative and just bring the missus and I to tears of laughter while we co-op. It’s so much fun.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty Pretty much summed up my opinions of A Plague Tale: Innocence that I posted somewhere on here earlier in the year. The already mentioned final boss was a pain, but the cart sequence is what pretty much broke me. I finished the game not out of the usual desire to because you want to see how it ends. I finished it because I knew I spent hours playing it up until that point and didn't want it to go to waste. A shame really as the game was great up until then, but hopefully they learned that you don't need to make the final part of the game have an insane difficulty spike.

That's not the proper way to finish a game, but I'd still recommend the game regardless as it was still a pretty good experience without the final portion of the game, and some people might be able to get through it easier. Also, the use of the DualSense was great. I'm actually surprised a smaller studio managed to use the controller's features better than most developers imo, especially one you would associate them with Microsoft more than Sony since they developed the new Flight Simulator and the sequel to this is coming to Game Pass. Instead of making the adaptive triggers annoying and restrictive, they basically combined both the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback so you felt things in the triggers along with the controller itself instead of just having the triggers difficult to press. That was nice and I hope more games can do that going forward.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Uncharted2007

Currently playing Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5). I just finished the 3rd chapter. It's pretty good so far.

Uncharted2007

MightyDemon82

Just started F.IS.T tonight played for a couple of hours. First impressions is awesome!

MightyDemon82

Kidfried

Death Stranding Directors Cut, finally!

I'm always late to the party when it comes to Kojima games. I will often tell myself to buy his games at release, but I never do. The Metal Gear games are so special to me, and as a result I'll often delay playing Kojima games until "the time is right".

And now seems to be the right moment. Not a lot of people are talking about the game anymore, so I can enjoy it without being distracted by articles discussing how bad or good some of its aspects are. And also, I finished some smaller games recently, so I feel hyped for a chunky, and epic experience.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Anyway, hopefully I love it.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I look forward to hearing how you get along with Death Stranding. My love of the game is well documented, so I shan’t gush about it further, but it’s a game that is fun to discuss and recollect upon. I’ll probably replay the Director’s Cut eventually, but I have too many other games at the moment.

Keep on keepin’ on!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic