Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,757

MatthewJP

Any tips in biome 3 for those flying sentrys or whatever they are?
I'm getting hammered by these things each time

PSN: mpquikster

Tatarimokke

@Voltan @render @Just_2_milky thanks no i won't give up! Exactly the same thing happened third time. I've managed the first and second phase without getting hit then in the third phase he came at me with melee sword attack quite often especially after his health dropped below 50%. Shame i can't heal just once as i didn't find the astronaut again. it would be easier with the figurine

Tatarimokke

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke after the 1st phase, she does two melee swords in a row. This kept getting me for a while, until I learned to dodge it

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Voltan

@Tatarimokke If I recall correctly, the 3rd phase starts with 2 melee attacks in a row and then it’s always right after he (she?) shoots into the ground and a red ring comes out.
It’s been a while since I played but there’s a very clear pattern to this.

Voltan

render

@MatthewJP I found with those that as long as there aren't too many you can quite often just strafe to the side while firing. If you are going to dash then try and dash forward through their attacks rather than backwards as I think that's when they tend to get you. Another thing I used early on before I could get to grips with them was a weapon with void beam as the alt-fire. That thing will just cut through them like a hot knife through butter!

render

MatthewJP

@render thanks I'll give these tips a go. I'm going to start heading straight there rather than 'level up' in 1&2 just to get in some practice on them

Th3solution

@Tatarimokke Oh yeah, my friend, you’re doing really well. Took me several attempts to get to the point you are.
If you get the astronaut during the next run will probably clinch it for you, but otherwise, yeah look out for the charge attack pattern and I think I remember having to dash and jump forward a little at an angle to avoid the swipes and also the double red rings.
You’re almost there!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tatarimokke

hahaaaaaaaa!!!! I've done it!!!! Finally!! That was my fourth attempt on him/her and it's over i don't need to meet Phrike again:) I couldn't find the astronaut figurine but luckily just successfully dodged most of his melee attack so i was j fine with one vial
One thing for sure: I couldn't have done it without you guys I really appreciate all help and encouragement you've given to me in the last couple of days! Now it's time to carry on

Tatarimokke

Voltan

@Tatarimokke Very nice. That's honestly a very good result. Now you have a whole bunch of new challenges to look forward to

Voltan

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke Exellent! This game really becomes something special once it clicks with you!

———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Th3solution

@Tatarimokke Ah, wonderful! Congrats!
I think that once you’re over that hurdle, things really click for most people.

I love Biome 2. Great setting and atmosphere. A little less challenging, but there are some tough spots too, but I never got stuck to the point of frustration there. Now Biome 3 on the other hand…. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MatthewJP

@Tatarimokke well done didn't take you long at all, and to think you were considering quiting a couple of days ago!
Biome 2 is really good, a lot more open landscape. Enjoy your first encounter with the severed...

render

@Tatarimokke Job well done, knew you could do it. B2 always feels like a breath of fresh air after being stuck in B1 for a while so enjoy the change 😁

render

Tatarimokke

@Voltan @Just_2_milky @Th3solution @MatthewJP @render Thanks again guys! I've had a bit of taste of biome 2 and yes it feels more airy with huge spaces. I'm not sure if it's easier or not than the first biome i didn't go that far yesterday. I died quite quickly there but obviously I was out of health after the boss fight and also accidentally I picked up a parasite which turned every healing item into something potentially harmful:) What is that music box good for?

Tatarimokke

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke I had to look this one up! Apparently it plays music when you are close to a “secret”. The following is copied from PowerfulGate241 in r/Returnal
The Music Box gives signal upon entering a Room (it can be a complex area, and some side rooms are also related to the basis of the signal), as long as there are any Items around that have not been picked up (you can pick them up, and swap Items back as desired). Items dropped from Enemies does not cause reaction, relatively. Relative Items are generated upon entering unknown locations (Rooms on initial discovery).

Apparently it counts portals as a secret too

———

Voltan

@Tatarimokke The music box just plays a little sound cue when you're near a portal to a bonus room or a fake wall... which are usually quite clearly visible so honestly I thought it was pretty useless myself

Voltan

Tatarimokke

@Just_2_milky @Voltan thanks for lighting me up! It doesn't sound that important then. The astronaut figurine is finally available in the shopfor me by the way:) Not cheap I must say:)
What's your opinion about parasites ? Do you pick them up occasionally? I think they are designed to be there for good reason but i didn't find them very useful . Actually i found one which granted me 15% extra protection and seemingly took nothing instead.

Tatarimokke

Voltan

@Tatarimokke Parasites have randomized upsides and downsides so it’s really a case by case basis. Some are clearly worth it, some clearly not.

Voltan

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke I like parasites if I can negate the negative. Say if I find Obolite Extractor - gives me 3 extra seconds of obolite on the ground, then I find an parasite that gives me Survive a killing blow (actually, I would always pick this one up unless the negative is super bad), and 2 less seconds of obolites, then I like the parasites. Or if I can chain parasites when the positive for Para B outweighs the negative for Para A.

Sounds like the parasite you got was pretty good!

———

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic