Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,581

johnvboy

@Thrillho

Got into my game account and was hitting refresh on the page, they came up for sale clicked on and have been in a queue ever since....

Seen a couple of console pre-orders already listed on E-bay.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My AC:NH Island: Evietania
Switch Username: Johnvboy

Switch Friend Code SW-8223-9981-3607

Thrillho

@johnvboy I think you either have to be extremely lucky or have a bot. My progress bar is at best 20% the way through so I’m not holding out much hope. Putting rubbish t-shirts in the bundles to increase the price is a very Game thing to do too..

@JohnnyShoulder You may be right. I’m not that desperate to get one but just hoped it might get lucky this time.

Thrillho

johnvboy

@Thrillho,

Same here, and I doubt I will get one either.

The consoles on e-bay are dropping in price as there are around 3000 of them listed, and you can get many for £650 or less.

On the Xbox series x front there are 4000 consoles listed, so they can be picked up for around £500 or so, and you still can't find Xbox stock in the U.K apart from random drops.

So basically the more stock listed on e-bay the more the price will drop.

Edited on by johnvboy

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

johnvboy

@Thrillho

Wait time 4 minutes..... did get on right as they were live...

And out of stock, total shambles as usual, and I doubt any retailer is getting that many consoles, it's just the tipsters stating 10,000 and 15,000 consoles each time..

Given up, will wait until later in the year, or hope a load get put on e-bay and the price drops..

Edited on by johnvboy

nessisonett

@Thrillho I got through the queue after waiting an hour and was apparently about 5 minutes late. Just incredibly disheartening.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

johnvboy

@nessisonett,

The whole situation is shambolic at all online stores, I thought you had already bought a console though, I am sure you got one on e-bay from someone looking for a quick sale.

nessisonett

@johnvboy Ah yes, that was a whole saga. Needless to say I was burned, really my own fault for being impatient, and now I’m back on the hunt.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

johnvboy

@nessisonett,

Been trying to get one for a while and will not pay over the odds on principle, if they came to around £500 ish on e-bay I may be tempted, but guess it's Argos next, with their 3.00 in the morning restocks .

Good luck by the way, as I feel the amount of consoles available each time is being over estimated by a country mile.

Edited on by johnvboy

BAMozzy

If you are in the UK, try registering your interest with SimplyGames. I did that and have been offered the chance to buy a bundle - can only find them from the email they send to those registered. My bundle was 3 games (CoD, WD:L & CP2077 - although they also offered a Racing bundle inc Dirt 5 and a couple of motorbike racers and a CP2077, Demon Souls & MK11. All came with an extra controller and some Unofficial Docking stations, headsets and/or Plug and Charge cable.

I ended up paying £670 for the Disc drive PS5, those 3 games, extra Controller and a £20 Venom twin docking station. Not much of a saving on buying all separately - but at least I bought from a reputable retailer with the added protection of Warranty.

It maybe worth considering registering if you want a bundle and they are strictly limited to 1 per address and only to those registered and receive an email...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

johnvboy

@BAMozzy,

Thanks for the tip.

BAMozzy

@johnvboy No probs.

I bought my Series X for Day 1 by registering my interest with SimplyGames and could of bought a PS5 Bundle around Christmas but I didn't have the funds and the games were all ones I already owned or didn't want. However, its the only Site that I have been offered a chance to add these consoles to my cart for purchase.

Good Luck...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

@BAMozzy I wish there was a U.S. retailer that did it that way. I’d be willing to buy a bundle and spend a little extra if it were from a legit retailer. Heck, the price you paid is still cheaper than a lot of the EBay scalper prices for just the console alone. You can always recoup a little of the cost by selling any games you don’t want.

If anyone knows a U.S. store that does this registration/ wait list type of thing, let me know.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

velio84

1 of the retailers here in Bulgaria said that for the foreseeable future the consoles will be coming as bundles and that's coming from Sony. I guess it's a strange way of combating scalpers, but who knows. Also - this particular retailer will only sell in store and they have nothing on their website regarding new stock (but did say they will be getting small quantities regularly).
Not sure if that's a help to anyone, but it might be worth asking in a physical store what's going on or give them a call.

velio84

Jaz007

I started up the Outriders demo and got to the shooting range. There is light use of the haptic feedback, but nothing for triggers. Not even basic implementation. I was kinda disappointed so I turned it off since it was late. It feels like such a basic feature, particularly that we are past 2020, to put in the game. It kinda puts me off from the game a bit.

Jaz007

Thrillho

More UK stock drop anticipated Tues/Weds;

Thrillho

Jackpaza0508

So the ps5 has been out for almost 4 months now! What's been the best game you've played on the console? (doesn't have to be an exclusive)

Jackpaza0508

MaulTsir

@Jackpaza0508 The Last of Us , I didn't play it on the ps4 but man what a beautiful game the graphics and load times really made me appreciate the ps5. The game its self was brilliant I enjoyed the story.

MaulTsir

Kidfried

@Jackpaza0508 I just did some collectibles cleaning up in God of War a week or two agfo. God of War is absolutely stunning in 4K and 60FPS on PS5. And aside from the technical bit, it is still such a great game. So far it's the best game I played on that console.

I haven't played that much PS5-only games yet. Only the free Bugsnax and Astro Bot. Astro Bot is amazing of course, but righnt now I'm mostly just waiting for some of those PS5 games to release: Returnal, Deathloop, Ratchet & Clank.

Kidfried

Jackpaza0508

Spider-Man Miles Morales was awesome, if a bit short. Immortals fenyx rising is a fun time and even sackboy was good even if it was a bit boring at the end

Jackpaza0508

Arugula

@Jackpaza0508 The free game, Astro's Playroom. Nothing else has even come close in my opinion.

Arugula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic