Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 4,712

Voltan

@nessisonett that sounds great although I have to say The Witness was a little overwhelming to me

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan The puzzles are way less abstract and the game’s linear. It’s more just one main moment that really reminded me of The Witness!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett I see. The game always looked right up my alley. I'll get to it as soon as I get a couple others out of the way

Voltan

Jaz007

@Th3solution Smelling Bloodbone would be something. Honestly, at that point, we may as well have some fake pain to go through as well. If I'm gonna physically suffer playing Bloodborne, than let me really suffer to take in the games themes. Heck, the pain could help distract me from the smell of rotting flesh.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 They could do it with electric shocks through the controller lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @JohnnyShoulder Honestly, there’s probably a thrill seeking sector of gamers that will eventually want pain integrated into haptic feedback. I’ll take a hard pass on that, but it could eventually pop up. It’ll likely be just like everything else in society where it gradually gets more intense slowly more and more until it’s acceptable for those who want to indulge. Sounds like a legal nightmare though. 😅
Of course I might be being influenced by having recently watched Blade Runner 2049. 😂. But we’ve seen before how Science Fiction can end up being prophetic.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I love Darkplace so much! Your reply made me smile before I even watched it because I knew what was coming.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BAMozzy

Haptic Feedback that really feels like you are getting shot...

Imagine if the Tomb Raider 'reboots' had Haptic Feedback for the quick-time deaths - those are brutal! I don't think I'd want to play that if I felt what Lara would of...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nessisonett

I see what people mean about coil whine now. It’s a bit irritating but then again, it’s not as loud as the PS4. Just a pretty horrible sound at a certain pitch.

Kidfried

@nessisonett The coil whine annoyed me in quite a few games. I read somewhere online that turning off HDR made the PS5 whisper quiet for some. Well, it did for me too and I've not put it back on since. :')

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Unfortunately, turning off HDR doesn’t seem to help in Mortal Shell. It’s just a bit irritating and I’ve already got a bit of a niggling headache!

Voltan

@nessisonett Out of curiosity - how far are you from your console?
I know every console can be different in this regard but I very rarely notice any coil whine from mine. Interestingly, the one time I could clearly hear it was on some game's (I think it was the Guilty Gear Strive beta) loading screen when it faded to white.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Maybe about a meter and a half? My TV’s 40” so I sit relatively close to it I guess. I can hear it from across the room though.

Voltan

@nessisonett Sounds like it's louder than mine then. Maybe you'll stop noticing it after a while

Voltan

Thrillho

The coil whine on my PS4 is so bad. When I used to have the console in my bedroom, I had to turn it off at the plug at night otherwise it constantly sounded like a car alarm was going off in the distance.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett My PS5 is dead quiet apart from at start up and every 2 hours or so with what sounds like the disk drive whirring for about 5 secs. My PS4 on the other hand would sound like it was about to take off during some games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

From what I gather the amount of coil whine a PS5 produces varies greatly from model to model. And it seems like only among the European units there are PS5's that have this large amount of coil whine.

Guess that's what we get for living in oh-right-europe-its-like-america-but-unimportant and buying a launch console.

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Kidfried You mean from the disc drive? Mine sounds like it’s gonna break sometimes, especially if I put Demon’s Souls in. It’s terribly loud.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Jaz007 No, my disc drive is whisper silent actually. The whine is coming from its organs.

Kidfried

nessisonett

Do the people who don’t hear any buzzing noise have the console vertical or horizontal?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic